Ebay Nightmare Brewing - SEND HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu Falcon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I'll make this fast and furious because I gotta leave the office and head home. I recently listed all my HT Iron Man figures on ebay. All sold. No surprise there. Long story short, Iron Man Mark I was shipped to a guy in California, who is now claiming he never received it (he sent the first email only a few hours ago). I responded by provided the tracking number (again) and informing him that according to the tracking information the box was "Delivered. Left at Rear Door". The next thing I know this guy is already filing a claim on ebay asking for a refund. I took a deep breath (slowly count to 10, Ed) and asked the buyer to please check to be sure it hasn't been left at his back door or check with the local UPS distribution center to be sure it's not there waiting to get picked up. The next thing I know he's escalated the matter to through paypal and is demanding a refund! PayPal has already deducted the amount pending resolution of the issue! Now I've got over 400 positive feedback on ebay as both buyer and seller, and have always done right by people. ALWAYS. But I'm getting the nagging suspicion that his package was delivered and he's still trying to file claim to get his money back. I mean, he hasn't even given this issue a full day to mature or to see if it could be resolved or reconciled through correspondence with the local UPS! And I've been more than courteous in all my email correspondence so far. Okay, I've got to head home to think this over. In the meantime, I'd love for you all to ponder this and share your thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:
In my experience a valid tracking number will CYA. But I agree with Mesa, name please so we can block him.

paypal should not refund his money and dont think they will, l hurd of paypal siding with the seller in this case,if the package was deliverd to the door and stolen paypal will not refund there money and the item made it to its destination and paypal will not point the finger at the seller because it was deliverd and what ever happens after delivery is not the sellers or paypals problem..escilate this and fight him and tell paypal your side of the story give them the tracking and proof ut was delivered and let paypal decide,

Buyer is definitely trying to get something for nothing. He got the item and now wants a refund. I mean to escalate the claim so fast is very suspicious. A guy tried that with me awhile back. And paypal always deducts the money from your account. I'm sure they will side with you because you have the tracking number.

Communication is key, that's why ebay and paypal are there. To play middle men. Hope you are calmer when you arrive home. The buyer might just be as peeved as you are, for the item being left unattended.

Couriers ought to be more responsible in these scenarios, as this is their business i.e. delivery to the addressee. In particular they should have written notice before being able to leave an article non attended. It could be something that simple. Human error. The courier may have left it at the incorrect address. He may have left it hidden, in a meter box or some such, and the buyer hasn't found it. "left at rear door' may just be the default.

Hope it works out for you.

He may still not be the bad guy here. Don't be so quick to judge. I had a package left at the front door disappear before. It is not fun as a buyer.

It's the buyer's responsibility to ensure that he/she definitelyreceives the package!

In all my international transactions, I give instructions for the post office to hold items and then they send me a parcel pick up notice. That way, I know it is safe.

Paypal's seller protection policy is pretty strict. eBay seems to be more suited to buyers than sellers. I think one of Paypal's requirements is signature confirmation. It saved my ass one time when someone said they didn't get the Master Replicas helmet I shipped them.

And as others have said, please let us know the buyer's ID. :lecture

If you have confirmation of delivery to his paypal address you are covered.

You are proof why you always get a tracking number.

As long as you have a tracking #, and that tracking # says "Delivered", and the item is under $250, you should be covered by Paypal's Seller Protection policy.

If it was over $250, you must have a signature.

Didn't know about needing a signature if over $250. Not often that happens, but it has.

And as others have said you should be golden here.

If you have confirmation of delivery to his paypal address you are covered.

You are proof why you always get a tracking number.

Don't want to throw fuel on the fire but I had a similar thing happen to me. I sent the item and they waited nearly a month and claimed they hadn't had it, I had signed for tracking and sent it to paypal. I had an automated reply they were looking into it and Paypal closed the case in the buyers favour, until this sort of thing happens you dont realise how corrupt paypal and ebay are.
I'd start a claim against the post office and they will look into a fraud case against the buyer or if they left it over the gate they will have to refund you providing it was insured or they will just refund you a set amount [maybe different in the USA]. Good luck

Got this email last night...

ED

item arrived today

I have cancelled the dispute with paypal and ebay

In all honesty I'm still a little pissed about the whole ordeal. I had my sword drawn was prepared to ride into battle against the thralls of Mordor, but in the end it all worked out (all within an afternoon mind you). I was able to cool off a bit on the drive home, and enjoyed my birthday with family and friends. The night ended on a good note with the email I received. Lessons learned: Use signature confirmation, have the item insured for full value whenever possible, always maintain positive control of the racking information, stand your ground, escalate the case and fight like hell. Thanks for the support everyone. PM me for further details.

Last edited:
Glad it worked out ok, I wont send now unless its fully insured and signed for, if they won't agree I won't send it.

Back