ebay is so biased it's ridiculous.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's so ridiculous, I think I'm just gonna remove my seller crap and only buy from now on.

Oh, and has anyone had problems selling on craigslist? I think I'm just gonna go with that from now on.

I can't speak for craigslist in your area but in my area, buyers generally see it as a bargain basement type place. For example, I posted a whole bunch of statues and busts. While I did post those items with reasonable prices, I was barely able to move anything. Not only that, most of the e-mails I received asked if I would be open to selling $200 statues for $40. I wasn't very impressed.

However, as a buyer on craigslist, I found some amazing deals on blurays, a treadmill, and numerous other household items.

I can't speak for craigslist in your area but in my area, buyers generally see it as a bargain basement type place. For example, I posted a whole bunch of statues and busts. While I did post those items with reasonable prices, I was barely able to move anything. Not only that, most of the e-mails I received asked if I would be open to selling $200 statues for $40. I wasn't very impressed.

However, as a buyer on craigslist, I found some amazing deals on blurays, a treadmill, and numerous other household items.

:lecture. Yeah Craigslist is like an online garage sale/ flea market. Generally speaking most people that are selling stuff on there are just trying to offload stuff just to get rid of it.

I listed my Rock Band set on there for a good $25 less than what Gamestop was selling their used sets for. Someone sent me a message offering me $50 for it. I didn't even bother replying to the message.:lol

:lecture. Yeah Craigslist is like an online garage sale/ flea market. Generally speaking most people that are selling stuff on there are just trying to offload stuff just to get rid of it.

I listed my Rock Band set on there for a good $25 less than what Gamestop was selling their used sets for. Someone sent me a message offering me $50 for it. I didn't even bother replying to the message.:lol

I was selling/transfering my Ford Explorer lease a few years back on craiglist and some guy wanted ME to give HIM $1500!

Looks like it is going to get even unfriendlier for sellers on ebay. If I read this email correctly, it seems that they are going to start including "item not as described" cases against sellers into an overall "customer satisfaction" rating.

I have had no problems in that area, but if they are adding more tools for buyers to beat up on sellers and not adding protections for sellers...then I may have to re-evaluate Ebays benefit to myself as well.

Back