ebay is so biased it's ridiculous.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aenima_dead

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I haven't had any problem selling loose figures until the past half a year. Seems the majority of loose figure buyers are exploiting the fact that ebay is so ridiculously slanted towards appeasing buyers (even though sellers are the ones paying fees, wtf?).

Either they say things are missing and they want a partial refund or the figure is broken (this is when they have buyer's remorse) and want a full refund. It's sooooo freakin' frustrating dealing with this crap.

I'm so done with ebay, it's beyond retarded and frustrating.

yup ebay has gone down hill for sellers the last couple of years.l know a sure way someone can be a big million easy.just make you own auction website with way smaller fees for sellers and penalties to bad buyers and sellers,and l think it would catch on fast.me personally tho never had one problem.but thats because l have never been a seller and dont want to be.

There are fine alternatives to ebay already--it's just that not very many people use them. Ebay built itself early on to grab as many customers as possible and has since gradually been adding everything to screw you--but they can get away with it because of how many people use ebay--notice they don't even have commercials anymore, since they have so many users they don't need them

There are fine alternatives to ebay already--it's just that not very many people use them. Ebay built itself early on to grab as many customers as possible and has since gradually been adding everything to screw you--but they can get away with it because of how many people use ebay--notice they don't even have commercials anymore, since they have so many users they don't need them

l guess.but dont really care l have bought MANY things on ebay ranging from everything from cheap to expensive and never got screwed.the biggest hasle for me as a buyer was l bought a pair of tail lights for my dodge charger and the seller in the states sent them to an address in the wrong province here in canada and so l had to track the guy down get his number and then had to pay him for shipping again a second time for him to ship them to me,thats the biggest hassle ive had.and that was worth it tho because they were great tail lights.you just have to be carful and find a seller with good feedback.

No kidding. If anyone remembers 2 months ago when I had my problem with the guy scamming me over a Hot Toys Predator?? He claimed it wasn't as listed, but despite me showing every picture I took of it before shipping it as well as pointing out to the description, he persisted that it was a customized figure. He started out asking for a partial refund of $170, then $250, and finally after I refused to do anything he filed a claim for a full refund of $585.

At that point this was the third time going through this B.S. in the last two years. Paypal of course sided with the ********* despite my submission of the pictures as evidence, and his refusal to do the same when I asked. Paypal decided he had to return the figure and I had to issue a full refund after that. He never sent the figure back.....then to kick it off Ebay just suspended my account because I refuse to pay the listing fee for the figure. (I'm not paying them crap after going through all of this B.S.)

No kidding. If anyone remembers 2 months ago when I had my problem with the guy scamming me over a Hot Toys Predator?? He claimed it wasn't as listed, but despite me showing every picture I took of it before shipping it as well as pointing out to the description, he persisted that it was a customized figure. He started out asking for a partial refund of $170, then $250, and finally after I refused to do anything he filed a claim for a full refund of $585.

At that point this was the third time going through this B.S. in the last two years. Paypal of course sided with the ********* despite my submission of the pictures as evidence, and his refusal to do the same when I asked. Paypal decided he had to return the figure and I had to issue a full refund after that. He never sent the figure back.....then to kick it off Ebay just suspended my account because I refuse to pay the listing fee for the figure. (I'm not paying them crap after going through all of this B.S.)

It's so ridiculous, I think I'm just gonna remove my seller crap and only buy from now on.

Oh, and has anyone had problems selling on craigslist? I think I'm just gonna go with that from now on.

Back