ebay ID: ugtoys - Have you bought from them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On all his items on eBay Klausjrgenh123 as bid on them. For me this is either another account he as or he as a friend that bids on his items to assure he gets the price he wants, an easy way round starting things off at a small starting price, so less ebay charges. eBay is a tricky place and as well as finding bargains you can get ripped off, becareful.

I have bid on one of their auctions and won the item. Enquired about combined shipping, with no response. Got an email they apparently send to all customers, informing they had received an email from Ebay their account was supended, but in practice it was still active. After this email I decided to hold payment until I got word from them (I figured that if you send an email your account is suspended, you send an email when problems are resolved or the sale is off). So suddenly I got a non-paying bidder warning from Ebay. Contacted them and got a reply that the email they received about the suspension was a hoax. All is fine but the 21 day does still apply. No word about my shipping question. But since I got a reply all was fine, I paid. They seem to have good feedback and deliver the items (eventually).

Do think it kind of strange informing customers about a suspension notice even if you aren't sure yourself if it's true and your account is still active. Especially if you lack to mention it was just a hoax and start sending out non-paying bidder alerts.

Shipping to the Netherlands for a Minoboar statue is 45 GBP, which is very expensive but I know UK is expensive when it comes to shipping. So I tried asking again for the possibility of buying another statue and combining shipment - no reply.
Another email went out to the customers, informing us they suffer from shipping delays and you can get a refund on request. Not sure how if they don't answer emails, so I guess I'll have to call them.

My experience with poor communicators is stay FAR away..:emperor

*Reflects on Dustin w/ Flickshop and Shannon w/ Angels in The Outfield.*

They always have an excuse.:monkey1

nowaynever said:
On all his items on eBay Klausjrgenh123 as bid on them. For me this is either another account he as or he as a friend that bids on his items to assure he gets the price he wants...
I don't think so. I'm watching a lot of LotR items on eBay (I'm constantly at the 100-items-limit in my watchlist) and Klausjrgenh123 is bidding on nearly everything that is LotR related.

Hello! I have buy one Elektra this seller I recive it without trubble The box was unopned and the box was in perfect condition.

Glad i am wrong, i am just weary with eBay cos i know my mates do that sort of thing all the time and if my mates can do it so can anyone else. It is a way of paying less eBay charges, cos if you put the item on with a high price and reserves and all the other extras it makes them very dear to put on eBay to start with. If you start them at 99p and then have a friend bid say £100 it guarantees your price and cost you nothing really.

Stange when i saw his collection on ebay i was thinking, there is something wrong with this guy.

I got a bad feeling about this.

Oh Ye of little faith....

I spoke to The UG Toys guy today (who incidentally was incredibly nice) he said that he didn't actually know why the accoutn had been suspended but received 4 e-mails from e-bay in Italian.

He has had this happen before and it turned out that it was another dealer making stuff up as he didn't like the prices he was selling stuff for.

My spidey sense isn't tingling just yet and I've still got about a week left before the 21 days is up so I'll keep you posted.

Well.. We all know ofcourse that the biggest and best con men are the nicest people in the world.. That's what makes them good at their "job". ;)

Anyway, I'm not saying anything yet about Ugtoys.. But to be honest. the fact that there's an "UgtoyZ" as well, does make me feel a bit "tingly" in the stomach..

I bought an Alien statue 4 weeks ago. So I'll mail him if and when it will be delivered. I will keep you posted as well.

I also find it very strange if Ebay can and does kick someone form Ebay just because one user is making stuff up. One should think you woul have to be able to give some very hard evidence about someone's so called "fraudulant behaviour".. Especially if someone 's doing this as a part of his/her livelyhood. In opposite of merely being it a hobby.

Ugtoyz is the same fellows.

They still have to continue business whilst they are sorting stuff out with e-bay.

I'm not too worried I've got their address and phone number so I can always just go round and see them if I'm concerned.

UG Toys is a legitimate wholesale business and shop in Portsmouth.I was in there last week and there stock always fills me with awe and tempts me to buy stuff I don't even particulary want(Star Wars PF Electra PF etc)!! I have heard of other people hi-jacking other customer accounts so it is not their fault.I recently bought a surf board from a guy in kent and at the same time a guy from the Orient was selling the exact same one for a VERY low price.This person had taken ALL of the surfboards for sale in the UK and stolen the descriptions/pics etc and tried to sell them again.So it might be best to make sure you are dealing with the right people for those who have actually won stuff from the fake dealer.Glad i did'nt win antything now!!I would have no hesitation in buying from UG toys though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back