ebay ID: ugtoys - Have you bought from them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainCaveTroll

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I've noticed that ebay ID ugtoys has been selling quite a few SSW statues (Mumakil, Corsair, etc) over and over again but I couldn't find any positive feedbacks for the statues. I know in his auctions, he has stated that there may be a 21 day wait but I just wondered if anyone has bought and received a SSW statue from him yet?

Here is one of his auctions:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LORD-OF-THE-...618093440QQcategoryZ29799QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I emailed him a couple of days ago to ask if he has any statues in stock ad I have had no response.

They do seem a bit too cheap dont they? I have bought one piece a(Ventosaurus Weta) about 10 days ago just to test the water.I will post if and when it arrives!

I've been following that guy's auctions as well. I'm not in the U.K., but I got curious after I saw a bunch of his auctions end under wholesale prices. Let us know how this develops.

I haven't bought anything from him quite simply for my concerns that he has no feedback for statues. It would be quite easy for someone to get loads of feedback for selling some cheap toys while raking in the money for statues which they don't have. I obviously don't know about this particular seller but if he doesn't have them in stock, why would he keep listing and selling more and more when they are going for less than retail price?

I've bought 2 things from him and both arrived quickly and in perfect condition. No problems at all

I have watched his auctions for quite some time now and most of the time they end with very good prices (imo). I've contacted them for at least 10 different statues to get a shipping quote for Germany but never got a reply. Anybody know their shipping costs for Germany or maybe France (should be similar)?
Also a lot of their auctions just last a day, seems a bit odd for such rather expensive stuff, no?

I think he has one feedback for the Peter on Unicorn statue.

I bid on two statues, only won one since there was a last of interest for the other one. Hope it arrives soon. :D

Indeeed his Kong and Ann Bronze bust price is pretty tempting and freaky too - too cheap to be true... but I am bidding to test water, but I tried to write to him to ask for shipping but there was no reply either.

Everyone knows to becareful but got ripped off by "Generation Collectables" I brought my "Dark Lord Sauron" off them, now there website as vanished and all my emails to them are returned. As anyone else had dealings with them or know anything about them? I have since brought another Statue which is amazing but obviously cost me twice as much.

gtb said:
Indeeed his Kong and Ann Bronze bust price is pretty tempting and freaky too - too cheap to be true... but I am bidding to test water, but I tried to write to him to ask for shipping but there was no reply either.

I was watching him as well. indeed ridiculous low prices. I asked him about shipping as well and had no reply back.

To be honest. I think this is a lousy way of selling/advertising. I mean, I know it is in his description and if you don't agree then just not bid, is something you might say. But on the other hand, everyone can easily "do business" like this. Just put up your stuff for a starting bif of 1 dollar/euro whatever and if you don't get hte price you want, you just mail your buyer a little emai with "sorry, I can't deliver. Here's your money back." I think it sucks really. All too vague if you ask me..

CaptainCaveTroll said:
I haven't bought anything from him quite simply for my concerns that he has no feedback for statues.

There's some feedback on statues from the last couple of days.

Both of these buyers left positive feedback.

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=53593&item=9116761787

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29799&item=6613019566

Must admit though that his auctions do seem a bit odd with the time delay for shipping.

Looking at his current list he has a Weathertop acution with a pic of the Mines of Moria piece.

Last edited:
so now that this guy has been around for awhile AND amassed a good feedback (was 100% until just recently), what do we know about him now? is he a good seller?

the thing that worries me is that he doesn't list shipping cost to the US (and i've been hit w/ insane shipping before), doesn't seem to reply to requests for shipping qoutes, and has that wierd "won't deliver for 21 days" thing. the only other type of selling that i know of where u wait that long to get ur product is on those pyramid type schemes, altho from what i've heard people DO end up getting their items eventually.
so who's bought from him?

could those users who had left +ve feedback be HIM as well??

Well, as some of you did I also tried to get a shipping quote a few times over the last weeks - never got a reply...

Ive noticed this seller as well.. Items always sell for way under retail. He states in his auction to contact for international S&H as I live in California.. He never replies to my questions, therefore Ive never bid.

Just put a bid on one of the mumakils and was outbid almost immediately.Will check the final price tomorrow but it does seem a little fishy to me.

I've noticed this guy also several weeks ago. Did not receive replies to S/H cost inquiries. I did call the number listed though, to find out how much Skywalker PF would be to Canada. Seemed to be a store, the guy answered with the eBay ID name and asked someone else about shipping quote (I could hear the other guy in the background).

But yes, it is odd to list these higher priced collectibles only for a day...

Beren

I asked for shipping quotes as well - no replies...

Why would you state "International Customer please email us to get a shipping quote" if you're not gonna reply anyways? :confused:

Also, these 1-day listings are a very strange way of doing business, too...

There are two UK webites of a wholesale company called "U.G Toys & Collectables Ltd":

Link 1 where you cannot even see their catalog without being registered - you have to print an application form and fax it to them, the phone no. listed is the same as in the Ebay auctions

and

Link 2 which contains even less information... but there's a contact e-mail that's from the same domain as Link 1 again

So, what does that tell us... well, I don't know :dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back