eBay buyers - idiots?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You accept and assume this responsibility when importing an item. It's not his fault you live where you do and I don't see how the seller has any fault here. :huh
for what exactly are we paying insurance for ,in this case i only wanted to keep the transaction open,I was sure to get the item since i was visiting the customs to get it released, but the 40 day buyer protection was over and would i have been able to do anything after that if it reached me damaged,like claim insurance..?

You accept and assume this responsibility when importing an item. It's not his fault you live where you do and I don't see how the seller has any fault here. :huh

so have u purchased anything from ebay seller , I understand that if u dont get the item , u accept that its ur loss and wont claim anything from the seller or ebay then?

one of the cost of doing business ANYWHERE/EVERYWHERE is dealing with the most stupid ?s,
i mean when i ran a pizza joint 20 yers agoi have had ?s like what is on a cheeze lovers pizza or a lady putting the pizza sideways in a shopping bag and coming back yelling back at me that the pizza was ruined, i can really sit here for days,
if i told you what ?s they asked when i was in the insurance and $$$$ it was just krazy, and on top it they are all multiplying:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

for what exactly are we paying insurance for ,in this case i only wanted to keep the transaction open,I was sure to get the item since i was visiting the customs to get it released, but the 40 day buyer protection was over and would i have been able to do anything after that if it reached me damaged,like claim insurance..?

I can see him wanting it out of his hair. I'd probably do the same, but I don't sell internationally for this very reason. I still don't see how it's his fault your customs held it. Nevertheless, I hope you didn't leave him bad feedback for it and it's 45 days, FYI.

so have u purchased anything from ebay seller , I understand that if u dont get the item , u accept that its ur loss and wont claim anything from the seller or ebay then?

I've made plenty of purchases and had issues. I always file a claim at 45 days if the item hasn't arrived (with a disclaimer saying "Please take no offense, I'm just covering my ass should it not arrive.") and let the cards fall where they may. :huh

I can see him wanting it out of his hair. I'd probably do the same, but I don't sell internationally for this very reason. I still don't see how it's his fault your customs held it. Nevertheless, I hope you didn't leave him bad feedback for it and it's 45 days, FYI.

I've made plenty of purchases and had issues. I always file a claim at 45 days if the item hasn't arrived (with a disclaimer saying "Please take no offense, I'm just covering my ass should it not arrive.") and let the cards fall where they may. :huh

nop, no negative but a neutral,becuse i was lil pissed at him escalating the case when i had already told him i was opening the case to keep the transaction open only in case the item was damaged and then had to clam insurance

It's funny now. :lol ... wait. What's your user ID? :tap

nop, no negative but a neutral,becuse i was lil pissed at him escalating the case when i had already told him i was opening the case to keep the transaction open only in case the item was damaged and then had to clam insurance

he sold the item, he send it on time,

what more could the seller do? it was your custom's fault. not the seller, I understand you were afraid,
but he did not do anything wrong as far as the transaction goes, you open a case because you didn't receive the item and he probably showed ebay he sent on time, he probably showed proof of shipping.

Im just thinking here, the guy did everything he had to, it was the fault of the people holding the item,

That's highly ****ed up. You blamed him for essentially your own issue for living where you do. Might as well just left him a negative. Buyers see neutrals as the same thing and seldom investigate further. You should be ashamed of yourself. :nono

To reiterate, it's this type of bull**** that keeps me from selling internationally. :wave

I had something like that happen to me one time. I sold a Dutch HT figure to someone living in Australia or the UK... can't remember.. I sold it through ebay and shipped it on time. I gave him the customs number, and after a few weeks he said it didn't arrive. He opened a dispute, I gave ebay the information I had... the customs number and the date of the mailing.

Ebay ended up ruling on his side... I had to refund him the full cost of $180... AND I lost out on a figure I didn't want to sell in the first place. The worst part was that it was a moment of great financial need, and by the end of this whole ordeal I was in the hole 200 bucks.

That's highly ****ed up. You blamed him for essentially your own issue for living where you do. Might as well just left him a negative. Buyers see neutrals as the same thing and seldom investigate further. You should be ashamed of yourself. :nono

To reiterate, it's this type of bull**** that keeps me from selling internationally. :wave

nop i blamed him for escalating the case, when i told him i had opened it to only drag it for a few days(i thinks we have 20 days to resolve it) to keep the transaction open, but no he had to go and escalate it and keep his ass safe, but i didnt mention it in the feedback and just gave the period over 50days delivery as the reason giving a neutral feedback, Im sure his buyers wont be turned off becos of that

I had something like that happen to me one time. I sold a Dutch HT figure to someone living in Australia or the UK... can't remember.. I sold it through ebay and shipped it on time. I gave him the customs number, and after a few weeks he said it didn't arrive. He opened a dispute, I gave ebay the information I had... the customs number and the date of the mailing.

Ebay ended up ruling on his side... I had to refund him the full cost of $180... AND I lost out on a figure I didn't want to sell in the first place. The worst part was that it was a moment of great financial need, and by the end of this whole ordeal I was in the hole 200 bucks.

it happened exactly opposite in my case lol, ebay decided in sellers favor and closed the case inspite tracking showing not delivered, i couldnt even appeal it
by the way did he receieve the figure?

Like Nam, I don't sell internationally anymore. Sellers lose a lot of protection that way, and essentially have to trust in the good intentions of buyers and effectiveness of foreign postal services.

this is what I don't get, why did they side with the guy on your case

but they side with the seller on Dino's case? What the F@#$K

this is what I don't get, why did they side with the guy on your case

but they side with the seller on Dino's case? What the F@#$K

the only reason i could think of was the seller was a retailer with really high positive feedback, only one neutral and no negatives
whereas i was buyer with only 23 positive feedback
the worst part in this case was the shipping and customs charged came to 150$ while the item itself was 175$ but i cannot hold that against the seller,

nop i blamed him for escalating the case, when i told him i had opened it to only drag it for a few days(i thinks we have 20 days to resolve it) to keep the transaction open, but no he had to go and escalate it and keep his ass safe, but i didnt mention it in the feedback and just gave the period over 50days delivery as the reason giving a neutral feedback, Im sure his buyers wont be turned off becos of that

That's still bull****. You blame him because you ordered it, new it'd have to be imported and your customs caused a delay. Shipping time should be based on how fast he got it mailed out. Not your country's customs cockblocking the package. And most ebay buyers just look at the score. They don't take time to investigate the incident. So you ****ed him because of your own situation. Glad you'll never be a customer of mine. :wave

That's still bull****. You blame him because you ordered it, new it'd have to be imported and your customs caused a delay. Shipping time should be based on how fast he got it mailed out. Not your country's customs cockblocking the package. And most ebay buyers just look at the score. They don't take time to investigate the incident. So you ****ed him because of your own situation. Glad you'll never be a customer of mine. :wave

i blamed him because he went and escalted the case, if he hadnt and let it drag a few days till i got the item i would have left a positve feedback.in fact i had already told him i would open a resolution centre case to to keep the case open and he had said to go ahead and then he goes and escalates it.

i blamed him because he went and escalted the case, if he hadnt and let it drag a few days till i got the item i would have left a positve feedback.in fact i had already told him i would open a resolution centre case to to keep the case open and he had said to go ahead and then he goes and escalates it.

Have you ever sold anything on eBay? Many times the people at eBay give the sellers bad information. Information that is totally false, I know because it happened to me. You should never a leave a negative. You should always try to work things out because sellers have no rights on eBay.

Have you ever sold anything on eBay? Many times the people at eBay give the sellers bad information. Information that is totally false, I know because it happened to me. You should never a leave a negative. You should always try to work things out because sellers have no rights on eBay.

i was always in communication with him infact i informed him about opening the resolution centre case and he said he perfectly understood my situation, i was hoping to keep the transactiion open for another 20 days whiile visitng customs to get it released
but he went ahead and escalated the case , giving his side of story, provided tracking which didnt give proof item was delivered and yet ebay closed the case in his favor when i asked him why he did it , he said if the item was damaged , he would try to help me out then,
but by closing the case he wasnt really obliged to do so and i couldnt claim insurance too after that specially after having paid another 90$ in customs duty, i was the one going to lose a lot here, not him

i was always in communication with him infact i informed him about opening the resolution centre case and he said he perfectly understood my situation, i was hoping to keep the transactiion open for another 20 days whiile visitng customs to get it released
but he went ahead and escalated the case , giving his side of story, provided tracking which didnt give proof item was delivered and yet ebay closed the case in his favor when i asked him why he did it , he said if the item was damaged , he would try to help me out then,
but by closing the case he wasnt really obliged to do so and i couldnt claim insurance too after that specially after having paid another 90$ in customs duty, i was the one going to lose a lot here, not him

Failing to see how that's even his fault. :dunno

Failing to see how that's even his fault. :dunno

he escalated the case after giving me the go ahead to open the case, and trying to keep his end safe.not complaining about the customs duty but if item was damaged im the one ending up losing money since i cant do anything to claim insurance

Back