Easy fix for PF Vader's "Red" light effects

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I plan on painting over mine this week. I will take pics.

That's a great idea, if I ever get a Vader, and I don't like the color, I'll probably do that as well. The heat shouldn't be a problem, I painted the corner lights of my car with a clear black and it wore away mainly because of constant washing.

I just painted mine with a fine brush.

IT WORKS!!!!

Pictures coming soon.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Vader looks MUCH better now with red lights instead of purple.

Here is the BEFORE shot:

ss_light.jpg

Here are some AFTER shots:

dv_red1.jpg

dv_red2.jpg

I went up to Hobby Lobby and bought:

Model Master Acryl - Clear Red - #4630 - $2.67
Hobby Artist Brush - Ultra-fine detail work $2.99 #8731 (Testors)

I also bought a couple of other brushes but you need this fine brush to get into the slots.

It took about 10 minutes and I put a couple of coats on.

No more purple for me! :)

DAMN! That does look good! I'm not sure if I'll try that anytime soon though. If anything, adding an acrylic case makes it, and all the other pf's, the ultimate display and are an absolute must before considering any alterations. Looks good though. :)

Mini-Rock said:
DAMN! That does look good! I'm not sure if I'll try that anytime soon though. If anything, adding an acrylic case makes it, and all the other pf's, the ultimate display and are an absolute must before considering any alterations. Looks good though. :)

I agree, I have a HUGE acrylic case coming (18"x42"x25") that will cover all of my Star PF figures, along with future relases. There will even be a small power cable hole in the very back so I can plug Vader and Kenobi in.

I will take some picture of it later this week. You need to paint yours Mini, if I can do it, anyone can. ;)

Ok (damn peer pressure). ;) I guess I'll be going to the hobby store this weekend. :D

That case is HUGE! Did I read that right, you're going to put the four in it? I'm still entertaining getting a dual case for Ben and Vader.

Is the Model Master Acryl - Clear Red - #4630 paint the same as Tamiya Acrylic Paints - Clear Red X-27 but just different manufacturers.

Just to add on the Tamiya Clear Red if you see the colour chart it looks more of a dark pink colour.

Is one better than the other?

Last edited:
I've ordered the model masters/testers clear red 4630 as from my previous post I've answered my own question!!!! The model masters version just seems more off a true red.

Gruson said:
I agree, I have a HUGE acrylic case coming (18"x42"x25") that will cover all of my Star PF figures, along with future relases. There will even be a small power cable hole in the very back so I can plug Vader and Kenobi in.

Damn, that is going to be incredible.

Back