Eamon's Mad Skillz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to completing my Voodoo pinup
Here is a little teaser. The full version will be in the SQ Productions art book Spellbound No.1.
Client will not allow me to post full image sadly!

Voodoo-Witchcrop.jpg

What do you see wrong there? As I'm not 100% on it either.

It doesn't really look like it's coming out from the back of the throat/mouth area....looks more like it's floating in front of the teeth.

Maybe if u remove the two little bumps on top of the tongue and sorta find a way to push it back and dont make the inside of the mouth so black...it would look better. (I hope u understand since it's always hard to describe how to draw things with out actaully showing u :lol)

Also....i think the hilites of teh tongue might be to white...

my sugguestion is that u use a more tonal color as a hilite and then a white as a secondary hilite with harder brush to make it seem wet.
Also...make a shadow on the back of the tongue to make it seem that teeth are casting the shadow. (i hope u understand that too :lol)

I found this pic of this creepy girl thats sticking her tongue out....

https://static-p4.fotolia.com/jpg/00/07/90/45/400_F_7904517_uo1VOTXaLWAU0e1CSPuGRqU20Ok5F1T0.jpg

Maybe u can see what I'm talking about the tongue coming from the back of teh mouth.

Oh also....i think maybe u can darken her teeth a little more so that it won't be so emphasized. (But thats just me saying since I dunno the characters background....maybe she's a dentist :lol)

Ya know what, I'll take your advise and do those changes right now as there was something bothering me about the mouth.

Sometimes you work on something and become blind to some things.

Ya know what, I'll take your advise and do those changes right now as there was something bothering me about the mouth.

Sometimes you work on something and become blind to some things.

I hear ya brother......sometimes i look at my old stuff, or even some of my current stuff, and I think to myself..."What was I thinking!?!?!":slap

:lol

Most of the time u just need a second pair of eyes to actually notice the problem. It's all in the process of being an artist. *sigh* :lol

I'm just glad that u didn't take offense to my observation.....I know some who can't take criticism that well and start lashing at me. :rolleyes:

I'm just glad that u didn't take offense to my observation.....I know some who can't take criticism that well and start lashing at me. :rolleyes:

Only idiots don't listen to constructive criticism and they will alywas be the ones who get high praise from friends and wonder why they don't get picked up for jobs.
Some folks just ain't gotta clue as to what it takes. Lots of deluded artists out there.

I have updated the image now. Please let me know what you think. I think it looks much better now. Changed the colour of the tongue too (kid has weird coloured tongue).

Can't post full image Kuzeh. Contractual obligations I'm afraid!

Can't post the full pic

I think it looks better.....u can still push it back a little more...
but its a huge improvement!

Also the color is way much better! :)

:clap

Awesome cover, but the tagline is throwing me off.

"Book 1 of the Bestselling Mortal Engine Series."

Huh?

How could it be a best selling series if this is the first book?

Back