Eaglemoss Marvel and DC figurines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshh

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, so please be honest. If you collect these or like them, support the company, you might sugarcoat or defend them regardless if the truth is another one.

So, my question is, IS IT SAFE to collect Eaglemoss figures DC, marvel, etc?

They are casted or made in LEAD; a poisonous material. it is known and proven that by inhaling it or swallowing it, regardless of the form of the LEAD or quantity, it can be lethal or little by little create mental and other problems.
When this figures get imported to the US, the customs or any federal agency, puts a LEAD warning sticker on them.

It is much cheaper to sculpt and make things using LEAD but it is as far as I have researched unhealthy and dangerous.

So, some say that because they are painted, it seals off the LEAD, but for how long? what about deterioration and the climate?

is it really worth collecting this with the health issues it can cause?
is it dangerous?
what are your opinions and for those who have them, do you suffer from anxiety or any mental issues that remotedly might have been caused because of the LEAD in them?
what if you have around 300 figures, will they together radiate a good amount of LEAD to affect one's brain?

Please contribute.:peace

Last edited:
Re: Be honest. Is it safe?

You know, I never realized they were made of Lead...not sure why I missed that. Thanks for the heads up. It does indeed call into question whether or not I want to get some fo them now (besides the high price here in Canada).

I'm sure its safe,if it wasn't it would come with some kind of warning label I would think.

Do you plan on putting them in your mouth? or leaving them where someone will put them in your mouth or theres? do you or will you ever give these to children and if you already have children do they know what the word NO! means :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That said, they are safe Josh, there for us the Big Kids

They are about as dangerous as lead pencils lying around the house, if you want to worry about that, you should also think about getting rid of the microwave and gas cooker, now those things are actually capable of blowing up your home.

Just don't let small children put them in their mouth and don't leave them under the sun, wash your hands after you touch them if you really want to feel safe, etc..

I can probably point out 10 items that you already possess in your house that are way more dangerous than those lead figures, but that might just make you feel more uneasy :D

-

Re: Lead figures - are they safe?

The thought has never occurred to me and I just started collecting DC and Marvel Figurines, I dont prefer anyone touching my collection so im good!

AND!! if there is anyone trying to get rid of a few please contact me! :hi5:

I collect eaglemoss too and i had the same issue. I figured they were safe since they keep making them. Otherwise there would have been a bunch of lawsuits. And the packaging would contain a giant wsrning label.

But thats not to say there isnt some effect to prolonged lead exposure that may not require a mandated warning. Maybe 5 or 10 in your house is fine. But what about 100? What if you keep touching them over the course of years? Is it like a radioactive material?? I m guessing no. But thats just a guess.

Also the vast majority of stuff in a pencil is graphite, not lead.

They are about as dangerous as lead pencils lying around the house, if you want to worry about that, you should also think about getting rid of the microwave and gas cooker, now those things are actually capable of blowing up your home.

Just don't let small children put them in their mouth and don't leave them under the sun, wash your hands after you touch them if you really want to feel safe, etc..

I can probably point out 10 items that you already possess in your house that are way more dangerous than those lead figures, but that might just make you feel more uneasy :D

-

I collect eaglemoss too and i had the same issue. I figured they were safe since they keep making them. Otherwise there would have been a bunch of lawsuits. And the packaging would contain a giant wsrning label.

But thats not to say there isnt some effect to prolonged lead exposure that may not require a mandated warning. Maybe 5 or 10 in your house is fine. But what about 100? What if you keep touching them over the course of years? Is it like a radioactive material?? I m guessing no. But thats just a guess.

Also the vast majority of stuff in a pencil is graphite, not lead.

That is correct pencils are mixture of Graphite with clay now to get their hardened consistences.

-

Pencils aren't made of lead anymore, because children would put them in their mouths. Pencils are made of graphite.
The ancient Romans used to drink out of lead cups because it made things taste better, and the lead poisoned their brains, causing mental illness.

Lead is NOT safe. Don't lick anything lead, or touch anything lead and not wash your hands before you touch your mouth. When you touch lead, it causes it to darken, anyway, so it you want your lead figurines to stay pretty, wear gloves. I have role playing figurines made of lead. I don't know if lead can be absorbed through the pores of the skin, so best just wear gloves and keep out of reach of children , pets, and anyone else lacking good judgment.

thank you for the interesting discussion, to those who say that it would had a warning label on their packaging, they actually DO, at least here in the USA they do have a warning saying they are dangerous because are made of lead.

Just so everyone feels safer I talked to my Fiance who works in a hospital, as a radiologist surrounded by Lead walls, unless you ingest it than it should do no harm. If you have kids i would suggest a display with lock and key.

Lead doesn't "radiate", it can actually be used as a barrier against dangerous radiation.

If you survive a nuclear attack, cover yourself in Eaglemoss figures to protect against the fallout.

Joking aside, you're 100% safe if it's on your shelf and not in your stomach.

Last edited:

indeed but it seem you guys only paying attention to ingesting, but how about lead dust and inhaling? if you breath to close to them or if with time they stay to peal off or break down, it is possible to inhale bits of lead per day with dangerous consequences in the future, that is what worries me a lot.

indeed but it seem you guys only paying attention to ingesting, but how about lead dust and inhaling? if you breath to close to them or if with time they stay to peal off or break down, it is possible to inhale bits of lead per day with dangerous consequences in the future, that is what worries me a lot.

Lead oxide inhalation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning

"No safe threshold for lead exposure has been discovered—that is, there is no known amount of lead that is too small to cause the body harm."

It's a reasonable concern, especially in an industrial environment. If you were going to sand or rub these, then that would be a concern. If these are covered with paint, they are sealed and should present no airborne toxicity.

Back