Dying a truetype

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magmax

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone has dyed a truetype body before? I was going to make a custom batman using a ttm20 body as I don't like the lack of movement on the dx09. So I bought some rit dye watched a few YouTube videos on how to, but the body refuses to take the dye. I put it in simmering water for about an hour and a half and it just turned a slight darker pink colour? The knee joints, wrist, pegs and the ball joints in the inner thighs went jets black and just the colour I wanted but I was not so luck with rest of it. The only thing I didn't do was add acetone into the water some people say it does nothing as it boils at a lower boiling point than the water and just evaporators. Any help would be much appreciated.

Don't mind me if I use your thread title if I write a romantic thriller. :monkey3

To answer you question, I'm not sure if I would dye is as opposed to just painting it black, wouldn't that be much easier?

Of course you can use my thread title for your book… just remember me when it comes to paying out royalties!

Painting it was originally my first thought but then I stumbled across a load of YouTube vids with guys dying their remote control car parts and I thought that's got to work right? Nope… must be a different kind of plastic. The only thing putting me off painting the body would be the paint coming off and cracking around the joints. Would using a black permanent ink pen around the joints stay on and I could paint the rest? Might look a bit of a dogs dinner close up but on the shelf from about a mile away and the lights off... It could work

Back