DX9 Batman Armor Upgrade?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cant the figure do it? Dont own one so couldnt know, but I assume that if its possible with the proto pics, its possible with the figure?

I've tried several time to no avail. No way can his arms extend out and meet one another and stay that way. Maybe with the upgrade we'll see it done.

Last edited:
Cant the figure do it? Dont own one so couldnt know, but I assume that if its possible with the proto pics, its possible with the figure?

Mine can't, and I have yet to see an unmodified figure that can. Nobody's done that in the DX-09 thread.

Thank you for showing this! I thought about doing this should HT produce the returns version and I get that one as I prefer that suit. And I think the straight lines would work better. But I hope Kato can provide the under suits. Yours looks great so, far.

I'm going to assume these guys can do this:
HotToysBatmanGrapnel.jpg

Tried it and I can't do it even with the mod. Too constricted through the shoulders and chest. Maybe Commtech can?

^Damn. I'd really like to get my hands on that prototype to see all the things it can do. Unless they just PS'ed or it's light trickery we are seeing.

Looking at that more closely, I think it's a use of PS and perspective trickery. I don't think either hand is touching the grapnel gun. The lighting on the left hand and the gun seem completely different. The gun also seems to be at lower resolution/fuzzier focus than the hand.

Yeah, Hot Toys seems to do that a lot. Look at the Ironman "fist down" pose.

^ yeah and IM Mark I down on knee pose. don't think that can be done.

Guys your mods are fantastic! customizers have been doing this kinda 89 Bats now for years (Sovereign Studios and couple others) , and i was really disappointed when HT when the "dipped in rubber" route. i might actually buy this Bats if your mods turn out well

I know Im not done yet but would anyone be interested in buying a version of this from me? I have a second body that I was going to sell but maybe I should keep it and get another Kato jumper for second one. Thoughts?

This is a very interesting project. I can't wait to see the final shots.

Looking at this makes me think about trying that with my DX02 Dark Knight. Hmmmm.... You think that would work with a Jill Battle Suit?

Looking at that more closely, I think it's a use of PS and perspective trickery. I don't think either hand is touching the grapnel gun. The lighting on the left hand and the gun seem completely different. The gun also seems to be at lower resolution/fuzzier focus than the hand.

I think you are right.
Yeah, Hot Toys seems to do that a lot. Look at the Ironman "fist down" pose.

You mean the crouching down and fist smashing into concrete pose? I don't own an Iron Man but if he can't do it that sucks. That's how I'd like to pose him.

Now that, I would LOVE to see.

Someone already did it using a mesh under suit, right?

cool projects guys ! where can i get one of those Kato jumpsuits ? might want to do the same thing ..

Rob

cool projects guys ! where can i get one of those Kato jumpsuits ? might want to do the same thing ..

Rob

Kato mentioned that he might do more. I would pm him if I were you. I think if enough people ask for them, he might do another run sooner.

I haven't done any progress on mine. I've just been slammed with work and family duties. I hope I get some time this weekend and have something to show.

You guys make any more progress on this?, I recently picked up a loose bat armor for this very project to put my damaged kato jumpsuit to use.

Back