1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

No not stupid but I don't think HT's cares like they used to. There was word that they used to come here and read feedback. Maybe they still do but I really don't see how a petition will change anything.

Since DX02, I don't think they care much, the kiss-ass-a-thon with them was over, people got mad at them, they stopped giving a ____.

I know people keeping talking of changes to this sculpt before the final release, and maybe they will do something, but, HT put this out to fire back at EB, you would think they put their absolute best effort forward, why show off something half-assed just to take less time to fire back.

Since DX02, I don't think they care much, the kiss-ass-a-thon with them was over, people got mad at them, they stopped giving a ____.

I know people keeping talking of changes to this sculpt before the final release, and maybe they will do something, but, HT put this out to fire back at EB, you would think they put their absolute best effort forward, why show off something half-assed just to take less time to fire back.

Well, at least Hot Toys releases full pics - flaws and everything else. Enterbay is too busy with their blurry forehead photos.

On another note, my order for T2: Skynet Edition (Blu Ray) was delivered yesterday from Amazon, and I took the time to re-watch the movie last night. I can say in all honesty, that this head-sculpt doesn't look anything like Arnold. Disappointing, but I now understand where some of the more critical complaints of this figure are coming from.

Well, at least Hot Toys releases full pics - flaws and everything else. Enterbay is too busy with their blurry forehead photos.

The blurry pics are because they show stuff before it's approved, and when they show official pics, the figures' just about ready. I actually like Enterbay's process, show the development, show progress towards the final production piece, then put up high quality shots of the figure that's going to ship.

Their T1 1/4 scale proto shot says otherwise :wink1:

The blurry pics are because they show stuff before it's approved, and when they show official pics, the figures' just about ready. I actually like Enterbay's process, show the development, show progress towards the final production piece, then put up high quality shots of the figure that's going to ship.

Yep exactly. You show just enough but not to get yourself in trouble either.

Yeah, I guess you're right - good points about Enterbay. One thing's for sure, is that they're certainly receiving a lesser amount of complaints than Hot Toys.

Two words: Indiana Jones :lecture

Well played.

I hate it when Hot Toys releases photos of a terrible sculpt and people say, It's a prototype! When was the last time HT released pics of a forthcoming figure that was rendered poorly, and then that figure, upon release, showed significant improvement? I'm not talking about the adjustment of accessories or attire, but an actual alteration of a sculpt. I've not seen it happen yet. They'd rather sell a bunch of suckers (read: me) their junk, then rerelease the figure done properly. Getting pretty sick of this business strategy. It's particularly annoying, seeing as how the first figure was done pretty well, and this new figure is significantly worse. I just don't get HT sometimes. And no BD? Then just sell more of the first figure! That seems so obvious...

Hi guys.

I had too much time this afternoon and created a petition.

Can be useful or not, but if we just keep complaining and do not start asking HT to communicate with us nothing will change.

I would like them to include at least an additional head into the DX10 package! ;)

Please subscribe, perhaps it will move something...

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/106/605/539/

Although I still think that they will include a "surprise" head (that didn't sound good :lol), I do not think there is much room for anything else since they already set their preorder price.

Although I still think that they will include a "surprise" head (that didn't sound good :lol), I do not think there is much room for anything else since they already set their preorder price.

I can care less about the extras now.... what they should focus on is fixing the head-sculpt :monkey2.

Picture2.png

I'm sorry but WTF is that? Why is his head split in half? And people slag off the mould seams on Neca figures.

I'm sure it'll look better on the final figure but still.....wtf.

Yeah, that looks disgusting!

And then he repays them by mouthing off, little punk :pfft:

HotToysT2FINALBATTLE.jpg

If this figure was like that on the left, there would be so many more pleased fans

Why have you become so lazy HT? :dunno

Left?? I want the one on the right.

But they could easily put both versions in 1 set. Two sculpts and two jackets with different level of BD and a swap out arm. Done.

I can care less about the extras now.... what they should focus on is fixing the head-sculpt :monkey2.

Agreed! Unless they're going to make an awesome BD head, and just fleece us for the head. Then no one will care how crap the standard head is.

Well played.

I hate it when Hot Toys releases photos of a terrible sculpt and people say, It's a prototype! When was the last time HT released pics of a forthcoming figure that was rendered poorly, and then that figure, upon release, showed significant improvement? I'm not talking about the adjustment of accessories or attire, but an actual alteration of a sculpt. I've not seen it happen yet. They'd rather sell a bunch of suckers (read: me) their junk, then rerelease the figure done properly. Getting pretty sick of this business strategy. It's particularly annoying, seeing as how the first figure was done pretty well, and this new figure is significantly worse. I just don't get HT sometimes. And no BD? Then just sell more of the first figure! That seems so obvious...

I agree with you with the exception of Superman. That head sculpt did improve from the time of the first preview pics. Also...although improvement is always a good thing, when I look at this head sculpt, I see Arnie. I can't say the same for Indy.

I agree with you with the exception of Superman. That head sculpt did improve from the time of the first preview pics. Also...although improvement is always a good thing, when I look at this head sculpt, I see Arnie. I can't say the same for Indy.

You're not alone in that, I don't see Arnie in the Indy sculpt either. :monkey3 :wink1:

I'll say that the first release in the end is the better quality t-800 from the looks of things now, this new one have some more weapons and gimmics but the head at this point suffers from too much going on. where as the first release seems to be a more soild base figure. If I had to choose only one, it would be the first release. Having said that, I will be getting this version cause I am a big fan and the first one is something that I enjoy even til today, which is more than I can say for alot pieces after a few years.

Off topic... but man do I love this scene.

HUMAN CASUALTIES: 0.0

[ame]https://youtu.be/fCYpo1ENSVA[/ame]

Back