1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - DX T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

I agree with DiFabio 110% on that one. PERs does not work for Arnie and really ruins the sculpt on this for me. I'm sticking with Enterbay's 1/4 for this line anyways.

Congrats to fans who wanted this though :D :rock

The figure looks good (something off about the likeness though), but this just kinda pisses me off a bit. This figure isn't different enough from the first version accept that it comes with all the weapons you'd want from T2 and the gloved hands. And PERS is such a waste on this sculpt and character.

I do like the exposable CPU, but I was hoping for a full battle damaged version. Maybe they'll piss me off more and do that one as a 1/4, too.

My predictions, you're going to see a lot of v1's on eBay now for cheap money, and the parts from this new version will be eBay gold for those who hung onto their v1's.

Awful, awful, awful waste of a figure slot.

The likeness sucks (looks like it's suffering from "Indiana Jones syndrome"), the base is reused, and overall, it's just not impressive.

I've been clamoring for a BD T-800 for years now, everyone has, and this is what they pull out? I mean, look, they even included the sunglasses and shot gun, AGAIN. This is a money grab and "competition" against Enterbay, plain and simple. The original V1 Hot Toys T2 is a better figure. No way am I going to buy a downgraded version with badly done PERS for $200 +. I'll buy the new weapons for cheap when they're parted out.

Don't even get me started about the 1/4 T1 Police Shootout. Why the hell did they do that before 1/6? Why?

Licensing issues.

this will problely hit the $325 mark, because it has real leather jacket and pants
i would rather have a new t2 t800 endo then this.but i probley will get this, if the price is under $250, but i doubt it will be.

Last edited:

How much longer down the line will it take, it took 2 years for this POS.

Who knows, at this point I guess DX11 being a BD T2 T800 could be a good shout :dunno

The eyes and ears just kill it.

PERS works on Batman, The Joker, Bruce Lee and Jack Sparrow, but Luke, Indy and the Terminator look awful with it.
:exactly:

..& just to put it out there - how do folks come to the conclusion that this new sculpt looks.. younger? :lol

It's the exact opposite. Lines / blemishes / patchiness galore on that face. :lecture

I love how not a single person who has posted in this thread has a positive view on the figure.

Hopefully HT gets the message.

You mean just like they got the message about the oil? I still really like this version but I honestly thought this was going to be the full works. Now another long wait of hope.

Anyone want to go in on one? I just need the weapons and gloved hands, you can have the rest...even the "real leather" jacket!

They have time to tweak the head yet. It's the lack if BD extra head/parts that I feel is the real let down here.

I think this is the biggest issue here. The T1 was more decked out like a DX than this release.

The base... Really? Spiderman comes with a giant Sandman base and this is the best T2 gets?

Personally - I like the new sculpt and will pick this up. (if anything to add my own head to :) ) the last sculpt was so bad it's one reason I turned it into Adev's BD version. :hi5:

A bullet ridden shirt jacket and new head sculpt would be enough. Just call it a 2.0 and loose the DX. This is embarrassing for them and the outcry shows.

I also think I like the fit of the 1.0 jacket a tad better. Look forward to seeing the new body though.

I love how not a single person who has posted in this thread has a positive view on the figure.

Hopefully HT gets the message.

tbh despite the 'meh' nature of the announcement I'll still probably pick this up even if I cant sell my original at a good price. At the end of the day if I have to have my original and this on display then so be it :lecture

Anyone want to go in on one? I just need the weapons and gloved hands, you can have the rest...even the "real leather" jacket!

Maybe, as long as I have the cheaper portion. :naughty

IS this some kind of April Fools Day joke because April 1st was on Sunday? I'm seriously trying to figure out why a.) it's not a BD version, and b.) it's a DX with the lack of those BD features. And $230? Wow... They really are getting out of touch.

ill get one missed out on the original

I think this is the biggest issue here. The T1 was more decked out like a DX than this release.

The base... Really? Spiderman comes with a giant Sandman base and this is the best T2 gets?

Personally - I like the new sculpt and will pick this up. (if anything to add my own head to :) ) the last sculpt was so bad it's one reason I turned it into Adev's BD version. :hi5:

A bullet ridden shirt jacket and new head sculpt would be enough. Just call it a 2.0 and loose the DX. This is embarrassing for them and the outcry shows.

I also think I like the fit of the 1.0 jacket a tad better. Look forward to seeing the new body though.

Well said, what I'd have written if I wasn't hampered by being on my phone just now!

I was just about to buy a second HT T2 T800 for a lot of money.:)
But even I am not impressed by this announcement. I REALLY hope that HT has some more accessories (eg BD Head, clothes and arm) they are reserving for a later announcement. I mean...even the base looks bad.:dunno

IS this some kind of April Fools Day joke because April 1st was on Sunday? I'm seriously trying to figure out why a.) it's not a BD version, and b.) it's a DX with the lack of those BD features. And $230? Wow... They really are getting out of touch.

DX's tend to have more frills. I'd say it should have been everything you described, plus what they've given us.

I don't collect Terminator stuff but even I know this is just a re-release of the orginal figure with a new gun. What's with all the same figures being made over and over again - ANOTHER Captain America? ANOTHER Joker? ANOTHER Terminator? Are they making a "new" Iron Man to add to the neverending list of Iron Men? DX Keaton V2.0 will be announced tomorrow.

The figure looks good (something off about the likeness though), but this just kinda pisses me off a bit. This figure isn't different enough from the first version accept that it comes with all the weapons you'd want from T2 and the gloved hands. And PERS is such a waste on this sculpt and character.

I do like the exposable CPU, but I was hoping for a full battle damaged version. Maybe they'll piss me off more and do that one as a 1/4, too.

My predictions, you're going to see a lot of v1's on eBay now for cheap money, and the parts from this new version will be eBay gold for those who hung onto their v1's.

You know what's off with the likeness ? The exagerrated lines (wrinkles) around his mouth and around the eyes. He looks like a pug

images

another clean T-800? After all this time, this is the best HT could muster up? :rotfl EB FTW easily, regardless of scale.

Back