1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I just watched it

Hmmm. I don't mind how long it takes it's whether I spend months doing It only for it to look **** anyway

As long as the instructions aren't in Japanese you should be ok. I find its best to just build models in stages, do a couple of hours building one day then leave it for a few days and go back to it.

It took me a couple of weeks to build a Testors Harley, those models are easier to build as they are already painted, although I repainted most of the parts anyway.

I ended up getting the roses too. The only missing piece is the endo arm. I didn't want to go so far as buying the old body or attempting an arm swap for that piece.

Yeah when I bought the stuff from the MMS for my DX10 it was only the rose box, the black T-Shirt and the stand which I have yet to use.

If I remember I had the chance to get the endo arm for a real low price, shame now as I should have picked it up. :mad:

Just compared my mms and DX and realized that of the DX left lapel is wrongly sewed, giving it a weird form. I think some adressed this, in what way? Retisched or by puting some little weight while in box to keep a more natural form?

Yeah I just watched it

Hmmm. I don't mind how long it takes it's whether I spend months doing It only for it to look **** anyway
Yeah, that was my worry, as well. In my case, I know the end result would be pretty weak. :lol In regards to the time, I only mentioned that in context of paying someone to paint and assemble it ($$$).

Just compared my mms and DX and realized that of the DX left lapel is wrongly sewed, giving it a weird form. I think some adressed this, in what way? Retisched or by puting some little weight while in box to keep a more natural form?

Never thought of that. *Digs out the needle and thread and stabs himself 240 times*

Turned out not bad. Actually had started on it days ago. Lapels clamped down with the springy paper clips to give it a sharper edge. Redone the paper clip. Straightened it. Shaped it around the neck and pecks before feeding it through the collar of the jacket so it's snug against the body. At the same time sits high at the back of the collar.

As well as threading the lower part of the lapels to take the big curves out. Heavy paper clips helped.

MMS117 jacket.

bydy.jpg

9yep.jpg

yjac.jpg

x157.jpg

oijc.jpg

1den.jpg

Last edited:
Your photos look fantastic and your futzing of the jacket is killer, but I'm puzzled by the neck on your figure, it looks really thick, thicker than any other I've seen, did you pad it out or mod something?

Looks like this is the best place to ask this question, which has the better likeness? MMS117 or the DX10? With the sunglasses on it looks like the DX10.

I would say DX10 with or without sunglasses. Its a strange one, DX10 has a greater number of problems but MMS117 has the single worst individual problem IMO with that old, withered frogface.

I would say DX10 with or without sunglasses. Its a strange one, DX10 has a greater number of problems but MMS117 has the single worst individual problem IMO with that old, withered frogface.

Great thanks. What are the other problems?

Great thanks. What are the other problems?

Well its all opinion of course, others will chime in and tell you that the MMS sculpt is better. I would agree with them that it is better in particular aspects but not overall.

My view

MMS - squashed, overly square face, too old, eyes look kinda far apart, looks pinheaded on its MMS body
DX10 - hideous neck, terrible execution of ball joint in head, PERS eyes badly done (look cartoony in closeup), Removeable hairpiece to access PERS joystick is too obvious, too much of his jaw is cut off to facilitate articulation (compromises profile likeness), hair looks stupid in profile view (too puffy on the crown of his head), wrinkles not defined enough and lacks realistic skin texture making him look too young.

So you can see why I said DX10 has a greater number of issues. Despite all that however, I personally would still choose it over the MMS.

I had a deal lined up with for this guy but I just NOW gained access to the board back- sheesh this update was killer! The guy decided to sell to another member. So I'm still on the hunt!

That's nice, someone gave me a +1 rep for my post above. It seems to be anonymous. Cheers for that! Didn't expect a positive rep for a post pointing out flaws :lol

Back