1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

A Franco Columbu Terminator has been on my wish list for many years, but it will never happen. If he is ever made, I hope who ever does it knows to make him the same height as Arnold instead of his actual height, as it's likely that all 800 series share the same endo skeleton type.

A Franco Columbu Terminator has been on my wish list for many years, but it will never happen. If he is ever made, I hope who ever does it knows to make him the same height as Arnold instead of his actual height, as it's likely that all 800 series share the same endo skeleton type.

It could be possible that all the t800 series are the same endoskeleton, though they could be different sizes, ie height! Human skeletons are all the same but different sizes!

afterall they had to "blend in" the model numbers "101 etc" could refer too height as well as skin type.

Another pocket for thought there maybe!?

Watched T1 last night, the amount of useless information Reese gives to Sarah - his unit number and commanding officer, the particular model number of Arnie's Terminator, the mention of the T-600s - she doesn't really need to know any of that! Theres a killer cyborg from the future after you, I'm here to protect you from it, the end. And then its funny the way he just comes out with everything upon questioning at the police station like they were ever going to believe any of it. Regardless, still an epic film.
???
i've always seen it and continue seeing it to be very natural.

Reese sees a frightened woman instead of a soldier he used to see every day, he just talks something, but he really has nothing to discuss except war and robots. he actually had never seen anything else.
later Sarah stops him from probably killing police officers, he has to surrender, he is prisoned, terminator is outside. keeping silence changes nothing, he tells the truth in a hope for believe and help. remember that line - something like "if you don't decide things here, why do i talk to you".

Hahah pumping iron...good stuff.

New pose.
t2_geared_up.jpg

Nice papa :clap

Couple observations...

1) the t2 on the glass like that... Brilliant
2) leather futzing: fantastic
3) your pants seem tighter than most... :horror

It could be possible that all the t800 series are the same endoskeleton, though they could be different sizes, ie height! Human skeletons are all the same but different sizes!

afterall they had to "blend in" the model numbers "101 etc" could refer too height as well as skin type.

Another pocket for thought there maybe!?

I'm pretty sure it has specifically been stated that the model number refers to skin only and there hasn't been any hints in the movies that the T series had varying heights as well as skins. Couple that with the assembly line mentality of machines, I just don't think it's likely. Presumably the 800 series are built like body builders due to the size of the endo skeleton, otherwise a more inconspicuous human body type would be used. That's just me speculating, though.

Presumably the 800 series are built like body builders due to the size of the endo skeleton, otherwise a more inconspicuous human body type would be used.
i always read it like this:

1) visual part.
T-800 is a human-size hunter-killer but it is still a hunter-killer.
movements of its head, arms with weapons and eyes resemble of movements of hunter-killer's cannons, tower, cameras. so the size resemblance adds to the mood. (to the mood of people who watch the movie, not people who live in skynet's 2029)

96ae88029044.jpg

bad32ad8616b.jpg

2) technical part.
T-800 should not weight a ton or even half a ton (no matter what T3 shows): when it sits on a bike, its ressors don't act any different from the actual Schwarzenegger weight (obviously :)). at the same time his mechanics cannot be compact and covered with big metal plates like Robocop => he has to have bigger and thicker mechanics without plating - overall size grows. if it had a size of Lance Henriksen (as it was meant in the beginning), its opened mechanics would have to be to thin and small => fragile.
remember that he mainly suffered from the thinnest parts damages:
- arm damage (in the script he had to unassemble it, fix and assemble back, like in Sarah Connor Chronicles, not just cut and move fingers)
- leg damage (after a bike crash)
- waist break (his spine was not solid metal, it was thin plates over lots of wires, remember the crawling part).

He picks up an X-acto knife and cuts deeply into the skin
of his forearm with an expression of mild concentration.
He pulls back a flap of skin to reveal a complex trunk of
hydraulics and sheathed cables, glistening with blood.

He wipes away the blood and, with small screwdrivers,
begins to disassemble the jammed mechanism around the 12
gauge hit.
When repairs are complete he sutures the skin crudely back
in place with a needle and thread.

deb13f765878.jpg

f2872acd87e4.jpg

1b03246f100f.jpg

3) skynet psychology version.
skynet in T1 seems to have a very poor understanding of humans. it doesn't try to cheat them into surrender or poison them with gases, it just makes hunter-killers who crash everything around. it has no knowledge of how people live and what they think.
my guess is that when it came to designing a human, it made a "perfect" human based on medical science. no attempt to study actual small starving humans.

b7d78174a213.jpg

face structure confirms that. skynet had to cover a thick skull (that has really no damage from everything T-800s are hit with), it had to make big face => big body followed.
seeing the U-turn in T-1000 slim design you'd say that it either understood its mistake or found a way to smallen the metal part and not make it fragile. or both.

===========================

i got so tired of writing that crap with a serious face )))

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure it has specifically been stated that the model number refers to skin only and there hasn't been any hints in the movies that the T series had varying heights as well as skins. Couple that with the assembly line mentality of machines, I just don't think it's likely. Presumably the 800 series are built like body builders due to the size of the endo skeleton, otherwise a more inconspicuous human body type would be used. That's just me speculating, though.

But franco is nearly a foot shorter than arnold and he was a T800 - so they must of made them different sizes :nana::panic:

But franco is nearly a foot shorter than arnold and he was a T800 - so they must of made them different sizes :nana::panic:

True but since Arnolds T-800 and his one didn't share the screen at any point one can suggest that they are 'intended' to be the same size.

P. has some interesting ideas there too. Of course, we're just filling in the blanks for fun.

I should also add that since Franco was filmed in a way to not appear to like this:

tinytermie_zps10f55572.jpg

I figure they didn't want us to think that there are 5'5" T-800s.

P. has some interesting ideas there too. Of course, we're just filling in the blanks for fun.

I should also add that since Franco was filmed in a way to not appear to like this:

tinytermie_zps10f55572.jpg

I figure they didn't want us to think that there are 5'5" T-800s.

:rotfl willow terminator

Nice papa :clap

Couple observations...

1) the t2 on the glass like that... Brilliant
2) leather futzing: fantastic
3) your pants seem tighter than most... :horror

Thanks Sith.
Yeah the pants are a bit snug...:lol

Hi Guys,

I made a new video. Probably pretty boring for most of the regulars around here but I thought I would share it in case anyone else might be interested.

I really try to have fun with my videos but at the same time I'm so pressed for time that I always end up just finishing it as quick as I can and being disappointed I couldn't execute what I wanted... The darn color on this one is really bugging me but whatevs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ExperienceSixthScale/featured

can't embed :dunno

Last edited:

Dude that's YOUR channel?!!?
I loved the Bruce Lee tribute you did a while back...here's the proof...I stole your pose!
Bruce_walk.jpg

I dig the new one of the T2....the shakey cam @ 2:17 kicks A$$.

Dude that's YOUR channel?!!?
I loved the Bruce Lee tribute you did a while back...here's the proof...I stole your pose!
Bruce_walk.jpg

I dig the new one of the T2....the shakey cam @ 2:17 kicks A$$.

Thanks Papasmoak. I did see your pic of Bruce and was very flattered and it was very noble of you to pass the credit.

You know... the shakey cam thing... I wanted to follow the sound over through the whole scene, had no time for grenade lauching poses! would have been nice to squeeze in some THOONG, THOONG poses.

Thanks Papasmoak. I did see your pic of Bruce and was very flattered and it was very noble of you to pass the credit.

You know... the shakey cam thing... I wanted to follow the sound over through the whole scene, had no time for grenade lauching poses! would have been nice to squeeze in some THOONG, THOONG poses.

Credit where credit is due.

Oh and it's Floom! The oo's are high pitched....lol.

and subbed btw

Hi Guys,

I made a new video. Probably pretty boring for most of the regulars around here but I thought I would share it in case anyone else might be interested.

I really try to have fun with my videos but at the same time I'm so pressed for time that I always end up just finishing it as quick as I can and being disappointed I couldn't execute what I wanted... The darn color on this one is really bugging me but whatevs...

https://www.youtube.com/user/ExperienceSixthScale/featured

can't embed :dunno

Only watched your DX10 video and it was good, nice use of audio from T2 and no stupid rap music to kill the mood..a nice change.

Only watched your DX10 video and it was good, nice use of audio from T2 and no stupid rap music to kill the mood..a nice change.

Yeah I'm not a fan of videos for figures that use that person's own personal taste in non-movie-related music. Fine if you're into that but not when you're showcasing a sci-fi action figure. The two things are pretty far removed from eachother. :dunno

Thanks Valfar... appreciate the feedback

Yeah I'm not a fan of videos for figures that use that person's own personal taste in non-movie-related music. Fine if you're into that but not when you're showcasing a sci-fi action figure. The two things are pretty far removed from eachother. :dunno

Yeah I have to admit, it's an aquired taste.

Mostly my own "stink" on each video if you will, but the truth is over time you repose your figures, even sell them. I like to look back sometimes at a forgotten pose, or long lost figure I sold.

Most importantly, each figure has a story to tell, I am trying to tell one in each video.

Back