1/6 DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX10 - Terminator 2 - T-800 Cyberdyne - Official Specs & Pics

Int-er-esssting.

No email for me yet. Does Toys2 still adhere to the old 'if you combine orders with seperate release dates, you won't receive till the last item comes into stock' thing? Because I ordered this with the P2 City hunter and DX11.

I don't know. All my orders were placed separately.

Still waiting for AE to get theirs. I know things are running a little slow over there due to the new site and getting everyone's orders situated but c'mon...the wait, it kills us! :gah: :lol

I think zy toys made office chairs in a multitude of colors, I got two green ones and there pretty cool. About the aluminum foil comment his is the only one to complain about the real leather outfit, the only thing I see off about it is the fact it is not weathered like on the mms version, however it is a better fit as the jacket is bigger and more acturate to the films version and the new leather moves more naturally.

Thanks. Are there any pics of the chair to know what type of office chair it is? I just looked at the clip on youtube (DVD in storage...) and it's a bit too bleary to tell. It would make a great little display like that incredible Atascadero elevator set that someone built. And even better if they ever do the boy John Connor to hold the flour tube.

Great to hear the leather works better overall. There's a risk that pretty much any faux leather will eventually end up separating from the backing - if it's like Indy's jacket, it's sort of rubbery paint over fine fabric (and has subtle parallel lines through it if look closely with side light) that probably doesn't last in the long haul based on some older SSC and Hasbro 12" figs I have seen.

Is sideshow shipping these yet?

Some photos I took in my spare time. My brother got a camera, so I'm trying to learn by using my figs as subjects.

DSC_0419.jpg

DSC_0420.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0424.jpg

Thanks. Are there any pics of the chair to know what type of office chair it is? I just looked at the clip on youtube (DVD in storage...) and it's a bit too bleary to tell. It would make a great little display like that incredible Atascadero elevator set that someone built. And even better if they ever do the boy John Connor to hold the flour tube.

Great to hear the leather works better overall. There's a risk that pretty much any faux leather will eventually end up separating from the backing - if it's like Indy's jacket, it's sort of rubbery paint over fine fabric (and has subtle parallel lines through it if look closely with side light) that probably doesn't last in the long haul based on some older SSC and Hasbro 12" figs I have seen.

Yeah some older hasbro stuff had that issue, although I don't think it will be an issue on the mms version as those have held up great so far but nothing really can beat the real deal in terms of duriblity. As far as the actual chair used in the film, IDK and not sure anyone else does ether but if your interested in what the zy toys chair looks like I provided some pics of my own, its well built has rolling wheels, padded seat cushions, and adjustible height just like the real ones.

Oh yeah, well I went ahead and bought it anyway so :pfft:

Still waiting for AE to get theirs. I know things are running a little slow over there due to the new site and getting everyone's orders situated but c'mon...the wait, it kills us! :gah: :lol

I'll be waiting with you. Did your account show your points or did you have to get in touch with them? Mine aren't there yet.

I'll be waiting with you. Did your account show your points or did you have to get in touch with them? Mine aren't there yet.

I used all the points I had (20) on this figure so I have no points to have transfer over until this figure ships which I hope by then everything does get transferred. If you've already made a new account you could just let them know that you have made a new account and any points you had could go to that new account. Unless folks use their same previous email address, I don't see how they'll transfer previous points and orders to new accounts. its a pretty weird/confusing transition

does the new head fit on the old body?
No, it does not. ---------------------------------------------->
So bad news for those hoping to replace the head of the MMS117 with the DX. I just tried switching the heads and the DX10 doesnt fit on the MMS neck peg right. Looks pin headed. So I tried taking the neck joint out of the rubber neck to see if the DX10 head would just sit on the neck. No go. Neck is too thick.

:(

@Rzez. Could you possibly upload pics of the new head on the old body?

Also,I'd be curious to see what the new head looks like on the Kaustic body for those that have both.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Is there actual sculpted detail at the bottom of that chip shaft (i.e. showing the end of the inserted CPU chip in place, and all that detail you see in the deleted scene,) or is this just a no-sculpt space with a flat bottom that holds that little silver cylinder/plug thing?

There's a sculpted chip inside so you can't actually put the CPU in. If there's a 1/4 version I hope it can be done.. The sides have grooves for the shock absorbing thingy... you can put that in then the endo cover. So you can kinda act the scene out if you want to.

Yep, it's all sculpted. The only thing you can't put in is the chip. You have to remove all the parts to put the hair back in too. Careful, all this stuff is tiny, easy to lose bits if you aren't careful.

It's a cool little feature, for sure. :lecture

totally crap, that the new head won't fit the old body, as i've bought the dx10 sculpt and have had hopes to just change the old one with the new one.

i already knew, that ht would do such a bs, but still had hopes that it would work somehow...

so... anyone interested in a trade: old t2 body with the new t2 body? :D

head dont fit.....bummer

meh still like the original sculpt anyways

how nice of HT to fix it though, but why the hell could they not get it right the first time.

Answer coz they know how to make a buck $$$$

Bring on the battle damaged

So finally had a chance to open this set up.
First reaction, good. The quality here is on par with the best DX releases (I still feel Luke looks quiet cheap for a DX set). But obviously the extras here are sparse. So it's quality over quantity, which I'm fine with actually. And the biggest potential issue isn't really an issue in hand. the PERS look pretty good, not quite Sparrow good, but the are fine and fit into the eye sockets smoothly, no giant eyelids and no gaps between the eyeball and the face.

Glad I got him, I couldn't not really, I love DX sets. Some issues for sure (head needs more texture, that's why it looks too young IMO) The actual sculpt is very good, and overall I would say a success rather than a failure. If you don't have the previous version this is the one to get. I have both and can see positive and negatives with both sets. And I'm still amazed that this doesn't come with an endo arm, or a BD patch or something iconically Endo.
7/10

@Rzez. Could you possibly upload pics of the new head on the old body?

Also,I'd be curious to see what the new head looks like on the Kaustic body for those that have both.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

sorry mate I think the neck of the Kp is more thick than the mms...
so if the dx the head don't fit in the old t2 body I doubt it will fit in the KP body..but I hope to wrong...

I used all the points I had (20) on this figure so I have no points to have transfer over until this figure ships which I hope by then everything does get transferred. If you've already made a new account you could just let them know that you have made a new account and any points you had could go to that new account. Unless folks use their same previous email address, I don't see how they'll transfer previous points and orders to new accounts. its a pretty weird/confusing transition

What is happening with points? I was going to use my points on this...

Yep, it's all sculpted. The only thing you can't put in is the chip. You have to remove all the parts to put the hair back in too. Careful, all this stuff is tiny, easy to lose bits if you aren't careful.

It's a cool little feature, for sure. :lecture

Lookin' like this?

4.JPG

And I'm still amazed that this doesn't come with an endo arm, or a BD patch or something iconically Endo.
7/10

Great to hear your thoughts Rorywan. Funny how the sculpt looks like a kid Arnie in a small handful of pics but totally rocks in all the rest.

I bought the fully exposed endo arm to fit on this fig. The DX head doesn't work on the MMS body, so I'm assuming no-go on the Endo arm working on the DX body?:slap

Yeah some older hasbro stuff had that issue, although I don't think it will be an issue on the mms version as those have held up great so far but nothing really can beat the real deal in terms of duriblity. As far as the actual chair used in the film, IDK and not sure anyone else does ether but if your interested in what the zy toys chair looks like I provided some pics of my own, its well built has rolling wheels, padded seat cushions, and adjustible height just like the real ones.

Those chairs are great and quite affordable. Thanks for the heads-up. Just got to figure out how those guys built those cathode tube lightsabers and use that to make a 1/6 mechanic's flouro tube for a Terminator display.

Back