DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
OK I just send a picture of my twins to HT to hopefully clarify things for them. Damn they are handsome if not for the need for maxi pads :(
BTW if I have not mentioned mine is still dry on the abs, biceps and the sideribs. Not even the slightest indication of residue and it is getting warm here again.

Hi guys, I just wanted to share something.
The first Batman DX I got had the peeling and oil problem so HT sent me a replacement with perfect paint, but it was leaking a lot. A month later some parts dried out leaving a wrinkled texture, and lower abs keep leaking more than ever. I sent an email to them with the pics, and this is they answer:

We are sorry to tell you that all items can only be replaced once only.

Remarks: Please kindly noted that NOT all products have such problem, we will inspect each case in detail & ONLY provide replacement for serious damaged body due to oil leaking problem.

So I guess this is not a serious damage for them.

issue1.jpg

issue2.jpg

My Jokers DX PERS also broke and they asked me to send them the head, I did so but package arrived it's destiny empty, and they said they had to negociate with factory to get a replacement like two months ago. I'm really upset with them! I don't even know if I want to buy another HT again I feel frustrated.:mad::computer

I would advise you to keep pushing them. Tell them that the policy was not in place when you bought your figure and that it is unacceptable that they are releasing themselves of any responsibility with this new policy.

Hi, i just want to let you know that today i taked out my Batman Dx from my lumber room and i noticed that there is no oil in the abs. 4 months ago my abs was oiling without stop.

I don´t know if it is for the change of weather but it has stopped.

Still no response or acknowledgment if they are even going to replace my figures. :/

It'll be 2 weeks come this Friday. Why are they being such jerks. More so to, Leniak.

That oil does eat into the surface though but those wrinkles or shriveling you're seeing there is from the kevlar decals soaked in it and shriveling up the decal for being moist for so long. Then if it doesn't do that it bubbles up the decal. Lifts away from the rubber surface. The oil is actually stretching the rubber so therefor stretches the decal. Or it could be the rubber has shrunk a bit. So then the decal is too big for the plate and you see all the shriveling from the goodness gone from the rubber. I'm not sure which way it's went.

Yet I made that mistake with mine. I wish I stuffed the other figure with tissues back then. Then it would absorb it rather than leaving it in the box and it just keeps oiling up. Leaving it oozing with oil is bad, so bad and it happened to mine. Now I regret doing that. Even though the bicep plates appeared dry from looking in the box but it was oozing below the shoulder pad which I could not see.

The way Hot Toys is dealing with this I feel like I've been scammed through eBay buying a second hand figure(s).

Just over 3 months old and it's badly degraded. How do you justify that for a $200 figure?

Last edited:
That's what hurts, I paid like $230 for it because I wanted it as soon as it was released. I can't trust in HT anymore, they are not acting like a serious company. But I won't stop mailing them 'til I get a fair response.

Leniak, did you see how my bicep plate turned out from putting it back in the box when it was in good condition then a month later I took it out and ended up like this.

:horror vodoun, that's shocking. All this is terrible 'cause I used to love HT products but now.... :gah:
How many times did you mail them? I normally do it two times per week

does that mean, that they are not going to replace the body for leniak? or are they still going to "check" this case?

I'm still waiting here for a clarifying response from HT. it's almost 3 weeks now :monkey4

does that mean, that they are not going to replace the body for leniak? or are they still going to "check" this case?

I'm still waiting here for a clarifying response from HT. it's almost 3 weeks now :monkey4

Thats the thing that really irritates me with Hot Toys regarding all this. All these problems happens in front of our very own eyes while we can do absolutely nothing but watch it deteriorate.

As someone else said here we aren't injecting these figures with oil. Yet somehow Hot Toys comes across this is all our fault and acceptable...

This oil reminds me of brake fluid but nowhere near as quickly as corrosive as brake fluid is. This oil from the figure seems to take weeks/months to eat into the surface if left.

Why does it take them 3 weeks to look at photos. Now after reading Leniak's response back from Hot Toys I fear that they aren't going to replace mine and deem it as acceptable. It just seems to go from bad to worse to a nightmare.

I'm trying not to be negative but how else can I look at it when it seems to be deliberately harder for Hot Toys to do anything for us. It just seems to be harder now with a 100% fix that now requires a new body.

More people contact them now with more rejections.

I don't know how many mails about this issues they receive, but it appears they have forgot / drop the topic. So it's very important that all people having this problem insist with lots of mails, being polite of course

I don't know how many mails about this issues they receive, but it appears they have forgot / drop the topic. So it's very important that all people having this problem insist with lots of mails, being polite of course

More like, "ignore/swept under the rug." :monkey1

Likely they want to distance themselves from this issue as fast as they can so it doesn't create a blemish on their reputation. All the douchy IM fanboys have helped that along by belittling those who've complained about these DX issues in public.

Maybe for now... and the next Batman fig? I wonder if they'll be a backlash when 1 gets announced whether it be Keaton or Batman 3.

I can't see this oil fiasco talk not coming up upon the next full rubber suited figure.

Karma?

Maybe for now... and the next Batman fig? I wonder if they'll be a backlash when 1 gets announced whether it be Keaton or Batman 3.

I can't see this oil fiasco talk not coming up upon the next full rubber suited figure.

Karma?

I dunno. I can tell you I'll definitely wait to pick up a Keaton, even if that means I pay more on the secondary market, until I read feedback of a clean release. It's highly doubtful others will though. As much negativity is talked in here, HT fans especially, tend to be relatively fickle when it comes to holding a grudge.

It's such a shame the little guy always gets the shaft. As MaulFan once said before. If he stopped buying these figs because of this problem somebody else would just replace him and in the end he loses out.

Not enough people to take a stance.

To who ever got their replacements from Hot Toys how many weeks did it take you to get your replacement. I'm going on 3 weeks with no confirmation of them receiving the box.

What a load of bull_____! Hot Toys really pissed off the people. How HT dare to do that? It is really upsetting! They send they faulty replacement for many collectors which are still has the damn leakage problem and after that they dare to say:

"We are sorry to tell you that all items can only be replaced once only. "

So if I have a 200 dollar figure with a fault and I send it back, than I get a replacement with another or the same problem than I can suck monkey balls because of HT's idiot policy? They send you a bad new Batman Leniak and I gues they knew the problem is not solved. They made a mistake AGAIN and now they are saying to you basically:

Sorry but we send you a leaking Batsy and now you cannot got a fixed version because the item can only replaced once. WTF is going on with HT?

And also we know by now the figure will be deteriorate after a while...

Looking at the latest Fb updates on HT they don;t even write their generic "contact our CS" anymore.

You know how Hot Toys said it wont ruin your collectible experience?... what would you call this?

I either keep the figures out and let it ooze and get extremely frustrated wiping everyday for $400 figs, or put it in the box with soft absorbent kleenex with foam pushed up the sides of the arms to stop any blistering damage. With less frustration but can't enjoy it. Ornament?

• Flat folded Kleenex strips below the actual kevlar plates.
  • Flat folded Kleenex strips below the plastic shoulder pads above the kevlar plates.
  • Thick folded Kleenex strips and foam around the exposed areas while inside the box.
  • And my own clear plastic dividers below the torso.

Still to this day no answer/response/acknowledgement from Hot Toys, 2 weeks come Friday. (I'm not part of the 1 replacement policy yet)

Fig1
dscf9646.jpg

Fig2
dscf9649.jpg

Back