DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Well, its good that this issue has come to a close for most people. Hopefully once I receive my figure I don't have to stress about it anymore. You gotta wonder though. What if that leaking oil somehow made the suit last longer. Or was the cure for cancer, or the answer to eternal youth . . .

Last edited:
you can probably wait another week :monkey3 I've waited almost 2 weeks for their first reply.
4 days have gone since they've replied to my mail with their investigation. I really don't understand what they're making there and why it lasts so long. They really give me the feeling as I want to cheat them. "What? Oil leaking? That's not possible" :monkey4

Yeah it is very odd. I don't get it either. It's not like I'm asking for a new gauntlet, or a new wrist or ankle peg.

This is not something thats just a new occurrence. This is a problem as we all know thats hit hundreds of customers.

The same areas thats having problems. However. It's shocking that it takes weeks to look at a few photos. Or weeks to decide something on how to proceed with it.

Well, happy to say, I'm now at two weeks with the replacement and still in the clear, so if nothing else, this new suit is working out much better than my first figure.

Finally got a reply to the request to replace my second DX02 and this is their reply:
We are sorry to tell you that all items can be replaced once only.
_
If your collectible figure is purchased from our official distributors, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with after-sales service according to their terms and conditions.
_
Remarks: Please kindly noted that NOT all products have such problem, we will inspect each case in detail & ONLY provide replacement for serious damaged body due to oil leaking problem.
Hot Toys reserves final rights on all replacement requests.
_
Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

I am of cause replying the set the facts straight that this second DX02 has never been replaced before. But it does show that they are being more stringent and are using that new policy even if you have picked up the purchase prior to the new policy being in place. Anyways I will continue to push forward.

But it does show that they are being more stringent and are using that new policy even if you have picked up the purchase prior to the new policy being in place. Anyways I will continue to push forward.

That's just straight-up dishonest.

I know this doesn't apply to you specifically Geil, but if they replace a faulty body with another faulty body, and then later release fixed bodies, they need to replace the faulty replacement. They know they screwed up, hence the later fixed bodies.

Anything less is just lousy, dishonest, rotten customer service.

Lousy, lousy, lousy.

Geil, when did you contact them about the second body? was this less than a week?

This is just an outrage that they seem to think this is our fault.

I'm beginning to think this 1 replacement policy is 1 per customer. So if YOU own 2 - 5 figures and all are leaking and you get 1 replacement. Thats it now.

It sure seems Hot Toys are changing the rules weekly or monthly to suit themselves so they don't lose money but YOU have lost.

I contacted Hot Toys about the status of my exchange and they got back to me in a few days. So far I haven't had a big problem with them.

I'm beginning to think this 1 replacement policy is 1 per
customer. So if YOU own 2 - 5 figures and all are leaking and you get 1 replacement. Thats it now.

It sure seems Hot Toys are changing the rules weekly or monthly to suit themselves so they don't lose money but YOU have lost.
If this is the case I'm glad I waited to St this figure. That's real messed up.

Finally got a reply to the request to replace my second DX02 and this is their reply:
_
If your collectible figure is purchased from our official distributors, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with after-sales service according to their terms and conditions.
_
Remarks: Please kindly noted that NOT all products have such problem, we will inspect each case in detail & ONLY provide replacement for serious damaged body due to oil leaking problem.
_
Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

I am of cause replying the set the facts straight that this second DX02 has never been replaced before. But it does show that they are being more stringent and are using that new policy even if you have picked up the purchase prior to the new policy being in place. Anyways I will continue to push forward.

Get a paypal receipt and photoshop it (I have had to do this before for customs). Send it to CS as your imaginary brother. ____ them, if they don't play fair , you don't have to play fair.
:gah:

I send in my first email about this 2 weeks ago after seeing the new replacement being a real fix. I still think I am in the right so I will push this through as hard as I can. If all really fails then I may consider this evil twin option ;)
Yeah but it is truly not the customers fault that they faucked it up so this one replacement rule should not apply esepcially if the policy was not in place at the time of purchase. I certainly do not feel like it's something they should may Toys2 or any other dealer pay for

I don't understand why Hot Toys is making it so hard for people to get replacements for a figure which is clearly defective from the factory. I mean it's not like we can take syringes and inject oil into the figure's abs! This isn't something that can be caused by mishandling. The arrogance and cowardice of Hot Toys just galls me.

_
_
_
Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

Technically, it's still one replacement. You're inquiring about replacing the replacement body because it has started leaking so the issues aren't with the original.

I don't think Geil's replacing a replacement, pretty sure he has two DX02's and only got one replaced so far, so it'd be two separate purchases that should both be replaced.

Next thing you know, HT'll ammend their policies to one replacement per person regardless of how many you buy.

I don't think Geil's replacing a replacement, pretty sure he has two DX02's and only got one replaced so far, so it'd be two separate purchases that should both be replaced.

Next thing you know, HT'll ammend their policies to one replacement per person regardless of how many you buy.

That ain't gonna bode well for HT if they're sending people back to the retailers to deal with their QC issues after the "1 replacement" is issued. ____ing customers over is bad enough, but ____ing retailers over is ____ting where you eat.

That's why I went through Toys2, even if they tried to brush me off, they're not going to totally piss off one of their bigger North American distributors.

Yeah the request is for my second DX02. Both Eric and I are suspecting that they misinterpreted my request so I will send them a picture of the leaky one besides the new replacement.
I do agree that even if I got a replacement earlier and it is still leaking I would give them he'll if they tried to brush me off with that new policy.

so it'd be two separate purchases that should both be replaced.

Yeah, I have proof of 2 separate purchases as well. I guess thats just not good enough. :/

Yeah the request is for my second DX02. Both Eric and I are suspecting that they misinterpreted my request so I will send them a picture of the leaky one besides the new replacement.

They don't have a problem with english on Facebook. So how do they come up with that excuse?

I suppose photos are no longer able to prove things now are they? thats how it feels with Hot Toys the way they are dealing with all this.

It feels like no matter what you do/me/us are made out to be liars. Or pirates.

Yeah. I have to admit we are ripping them off by paying hundreds for these toys and just simply expect to have a quality product in hand. Sad thing is it's not just HT thinking that but other collectors think the same way.
Then again I suspect HT CS is being bombarded by a lot ppl requesting replacements including exactly those collectors as well

Back