DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Yes, the statistics of this thread's poll are really useless, there's no changing your vote, so if someone votes and then circumstances change a day later, the poll still reflects their figure as being fine. This issue's big enough, there's no point to doing another, but I'd wager if we did, the scale would slant to most people reporting it. How bad it is varies, but I don't think anyone can avoid it happening at all. Best you can hope for is that it happens minimally enough to not interfere with your enjoyment of the figure.

I dunno if my dealer will let me do that. Open every box until I find a perfect one. Where are you from??

From Malaysia. My dealer let's us do that after the whole IronMan Mark III fiasco with the broken leg nuts and broken arm rocket launcher. In either case, the DX casing is very collector friendly. It opens up like a booklet and you don't have to remove the figure at all. I noticed that a few from the second batch did have oil around the abs area but my mate and I snagged the dryer ones. Unfortunately for him, his started to ooze oil after two weeks. Not much but still a pain.

The problem is, you may take a peak and see it dry, but that doesn't mean anything, mine was fine out of the box and for a few days before the problem kicked in. Sure it's better to start off with one that's not affected in the box, but there's no feeling safe because it's fine in the box it'll stay that way.

Yeah, that happened to my friend. We bought it together and chose the ones that were dry at that time. It's not too bad but a chore to wipe down every 2-3 days.

You're lucky if it's 2-3 days, mine reached a point of needing to be cleaned up every 2-3 hours.

That's bad dude. Did u buy it at retail? My dealer takes most of the oily ones back and sends them to HT for replacement. BUT there is no guarantee that the body won't ooze oil again although it would be better than what you have now.

Man these numbers are scary. The problem is very widespread. I'm still waiting for the shipment that my local guy is waiting from DCD. I hope either the oil will have dried out by the time it gets here or the problem will be fixed. :D

Man these numbers are scary. The problem is very widespread. I'm still waiting for the shipment that my local guy is waiting from DCD. I hope either the oil will have dried out by the time it gets here or the problem will be fixed. :D

That can only happen during the curing process though.

I don't know what day I'm on now but this is the status of my repair. I must be at least 2 weeks into it now. The biceps are still dry but I'm remaining to keep the tissues in there just incase. There is also small flat tissues remaining behind the bicep kevlar plates that I'll keep there until whenever. Who knows what reactions are triggered again from that part as well if I was to take them out.

The belt has been on for 4 days or so.

Flat tissue still in below the abs.

Taken earlier today.

dscf9346.jpg

Taken 20 minutes ago.

dscf9349.jpg

I'm not ruling it out as fixed but who knows what'll happen in the future.

This feels more like a statue than a figure with all the fun stripped out of it with fear.

I'm not ruling it out as fixed but who knows what'll happen in the future.

This feels more like a statue than a figure with all the fun stripped out of it with fear.

Absolutely. Your figure should be on a shelf with other figures, not sitting in it's box waiting to be wiped like some potty-training toddler.

If I do end up getting this figure, you better believe that mine will be up on the shelf with other figures whether it has the leakage problem or not!

Honestly, I would have just sent the body back to Hot Toys for a new body but as it has been proven as you know, they can't guarantee no oozing. Hence why I've been waiting this out to see with other peoples replacements.

If I send it back to get one that starts all over again with no cure and then the risk of customs picking me to get stung with custom fees. Then of course paying even more money to get this friggin thing sent back. I'm between a rock and a hard place.

If it was 100% certain it was fixed, sure I'd have no problem spending a little more money on shipping to get a rectified version. I'm just not prepared to dump more cash to end up back where I started.

I still haven't the money to get this but really what is the cause of the oil leaking. I read that it was some circle sticker on the plastic the belt is protected in

I still haven't the money to get this but really what is the cause of the oil leaking. I read that it was some circle sticker on the plastic the belt is protected in

No one really knows for sure. But it's not from a sticker.

I don't have the figure yet either, but it seems the best guess is that something is leaking out of the rubber due to a problem with the curing process.

When I opened my figure he had the slightest bit of oil on his abs, and I do mean a slight bit. It was only enough for the abs to look a tiny bit shiny. I wiped it off with my finger and so far after being out of the box for 4 hours it's yet to return. We'll see how it look's in the morning.

I'm going to post photo's of the figure in the reg thread, but I'll say here that dispite all this oil talk this Batman just might be the greatest action figure ever made. I thought Blade was something, but Bats is something else. I can only conclude that it was designed by some sort of God. Perhaps Zeus himself. :lol

I just don't want people on the fence to lose sight of that aspect.

Unless he melts on me I've already decided the nuisance of the oil will be worth it. Some can say I'm bending over for Hot Toys all they like, but that's just how I feel. The figure is just that good in my opinion.

Again though, I reserve the right to change my mind about that if he starts to have what I would consider excessive leaking problems.

When I opened my figure he had the slightest bit of oil on his abs, and I do mean a slight bit. It was only enough for the abs to look a tiny bit shiny. I wiped it off with my finger and so far after being out of the box for 4 hours it's yet to return. We'll see how it look's in the morning.

I'm going to post photo's of the figure in the reg thread, but I'll say here that dispite all this oil talk this Batman just might be the greatest action figure ever made. I thought Blade was something, but Bats is something else. I can only conclude that it was designed by some sort of God. Perhaps Zeus himself. :lol

Unless he melts on me I've already decided the nuisance of the oil will be worth it. Some can say I'm bending over for Hot Toys all they like, but that's just how I feel. The figure is just that good in my opinion.

Again though, I reserve the right to change my mind about that if he starts to have what I would consider excessive leaking problems.

Badism, a +1 for you :joy

i guess EVENTUALLY, hopefully, maybe after a year or so, it'll stop leaking :D but then again, congratulations to everyone who doesn't have this problem.

I've been away from the forums for a month, and return to hopefully find good news. Unfortunately this problem is INCURABLE. What is it about the figures that never leaked oil, any reason why those who own the good ones have no oil leaking. I'm pretty sure the next batch will have oil leakage.

If the oil starts to show again, try taking off the utility belt after wiping it down. I did this for one of my DX and while the abs were darker, the oil did not resurface until after putting the belt on again.

You're right though. It still is a helluva figure but I still prefer Blade though.

Back