DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Unless he melts on me I've already decided the nuisance of the oil will be worth it.

Damn straight. This figure is incredible and well worth picking up dispite the oil issue.

Then again, mine is minimal, so I may be different if it was absolutely covered.

I just don't want people on the fence to lose sight of that aspect.

Unless he melts on me I've already decided the nuisance of the oil will be worth it. Some can say I'm bending over for Hot Toys all they like, but that's just how I feel. The figure is just that good in my opinion.

Again though, I reserve the right to change my mind about that if he starts to have what I would consider excessive leaking problems.

That's the thing though, if people accept these flaws Hot Toys will see it as people accepting defects like this.

What stops them pulling a stunt like this again, eh? Since so many people don't mind it.

That's the thing though, if people accept these flaws Hot Toys will see it as people accepting defects like this.

What stops them pulling a stunt like this again, eh? Since so many people don't mind it.

I know, can't argue with that. I can only say that it will probably be a lesser figure, one I'd be willing to give up over an issue like that to make a statement to Hot Toys. I just can't do that with this one. :lol :monkey3

Hot Toys will pay a price over this though and so will we. Let us hope something like this never happens again.

As for my figure, no oil on upper abs. Trace amounts on lower abs and back of belt. 16 hours after unboxing.

hot toys have send me a replacement body..:banana should get it sometime next week... once i got it in hand and will upload pics..

hot toys have send me a replacement body..:banana should get it sometime next week... once i got it in hand and will upload pics..

Hope you get lucky. The replacement body was fine when arrived. 4 days later in the shelf it began the oozing. But less than my first original one. Hope you get a problem free body, dude!

I'm getting mine tomorrow but I've decided to go with the third batch, just to make sure no flaws or defects will occur.
I'll let you guys know if it shows any signs of oi
l leaking or residues.

Hopefully not. It's too beaufitul to be defect.. =D

I think it's pretty safe to say the DC batch is gonna have the same problem. If the replacement body is then I am pretty sure the DC batch will.

I canceled mine. I'll just keep the original.

yeah I was going sell my V1 to a friend for cheap but now I am holding on to it just in case :(

I've been following this thread for a while and wanted to thank you all for documenting this situation as extensively as you have.

I was thinking of getting a DX Batman down the road, and basically, have held off because of this issue. I'm hoping it resolves for all of you, but in the meantime, thank you for making other collectors aware, like myself, of this problem. Much appreciated.

Is this to replace a second figure or a replacement for a replacement?

The second. If I remember correctly he recently got a new body from them and it started oozing again 2 - 4 days later. Now onto another replacement. It's really embarrassing. Since they are replacing defective replacements. When will it end. Hot Toys should be covering peoples shipping expenses with this disgrace.

It's just not right for people to keep forking out money for duff products.

The second. If I remember correctly he recently got a new body from them and it started oozing again 2 - 4 days later. Now onto another replacement. It's really embarrassing. Since they are replacing defective replacements. When will it end. Hot Toys should be covering peoples shipping expenses with this disgrace.

It is embarassing, but if they're replacing defective replacements, that'd at least show more cooperation from them, though it should mean that no one seeking a replacement should be denied or ignored either.

It is embarassing, but if they're replacing defective replacements, that'd at least show more cooperation from them, though it should mean that no one seeking a replacement should be denied or ignored either.

Hot Toys seems quite idiotic with all this. Rather than call it all or stop manufacturing and rectify it to send out problem solved figures. They'd rather spend a million to save a penny.

I agree it's pretty stupid, a lot of aggrivation could be saved if they just halted things and really dealt with the problem instead of trying to fix it as they go and doing a poor job with it. It's like those cartoons where a submarine is taking on water and someone tries to plug the holes with all their fingers and toes but eventually it's not enough. It seems like they feel they're better off trying quick fixes along the way instead of stopping and taking serious action.

Back