DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Any theory's welcome, that's the greater good people are after in this thread. Since HT seems unlikely to fix it for us, it's on us to see if we can figure a solution.

I'm so on the fence with getting this. It is a fantastic figure maybe Hot toys best, but with this problem, it would drive me crazy. I feel for all you guys. I was thinking that maybe it is a WD-40 substance that they are using to assemble the suits onto the figure to save $$. My guess is that they used it to make assembly easier. Oil/ WD-40 would take the matte finish off as discribed. Has anyone sumerged the figure in a soapy solution? I think this because it usually take quite some time for material to start to break down or desolve. I have toys 30 years old that are finally changing wiether it be from clothes dye , or contact from different materials. Just a thought.

Thats the first I've heard somebody use that word. That of course would explain where the matter for the oil was coming from. If the suit is indeed disintegrating then that is very serious indeed.

^^^

That has been the primary concern of many of us, including myself, for quite a while! :monkey4
Welcome...

^^^

That has been the primary concern of many of us, including myself, for quite a while! :monkey4
Welcome...

Ok, well in the photo thread there are over 900 pages and I read about 400 or 500 of them and there wasn't really much talk of the suit disintegrating.

The fact is this, that oil needs a finite source to be leaking from or it needs matter to be created. If there is no finite source (which eventually has to run out) then it's being created from the matter of the suit itself and will eventually use up that matter. In other words the suit will start to show signs of weakening and then finally tearing and holes.

The curious thing though is the amount of oil some people are reporting, you would think there would already be signs of holes and tearing. Very strange. I'm very excited to check this out for myself and already have a few ideas inspired from Crow's efforts about stopping it.

Thats the first I've heard somebody use that word. That of course would explain where the matter for the oil was coming from. If the suit is indeed disintegrating then that is very serious indeed.

Here's a new one: DEVULCANIZATION I just made it up. :lol

I'm keeping my order because I already pd DCBS. Looks like HT didn't solve the problem, just tried to minimize it, so it's still a crap shoot.

Guess I'll have to keep some Mini Depends on standby. :duh

Oh Badism you a Torontonian?? Then you gotto get it from Toys2 in Markham and tell him Jeff send you and he will make sure to get you one with the residue :D

I thought about cancelling my order a few times but the deposit I had made was a non-refundable deposit. So I'm stuck with 2.... ugh

I thought about cancelling my order a few times but the deposit I had made was a non-refundable deposit. So I'm stuck with 2.... ugh

Please keep in mind that 22% and 11% of people that responded to this poll reported no oil at all or had some but it has stopped. I like those percentages and think the odds are pretty good that mine will be just fine...if not right away, then maybe after a bit of leakage.

well at least wait until Eric is sure to have the next batch. Might as well try to increase your chances ;)

well at least wait until Eric is sure to have the next batch. Might as well try to increase your chances ;)

lol, I'm not getting my figure from toys2.

But anyway, I can't really afford to preorder items as I never know when I'm going to have money to spare for this sort of thing. As far as I know this 3rd batch or "DCdirect" batch is already spoken for with preorders, correct? And of course with no word from HT there is no reason to think that the next batch will be any better. It's just wishful thinking to believe otherwise until HT actually says something about it.

Please keep in mind that 22% and 11% of people that responded to this poll reported no oil at all or had some but it has stopped. I like those percentages and think the odds are pretty good that mine will be just fine...if not right away, then maybe after a bit of leakage.

My first batch DX was leaking oil but I cleaned it regularly (sometimes three times a day) and after about a week, the oil problem went away although the abs are shinier. At least, no more oil is oozing out and I don't have to clean it anymore but I had the deformed cowl but it's not too noticeable, especially when I posed the head downwards, so I didn't exchange it.

My second DX was absolutely perfect. No oil residue at all. I believe that was from the second batch from HT.

I chanced upon a third DX body that I managed to get cheap off of EBay. That one is still leaking although not as much as when I first got it. I clean it everyday and the oil oozing out is just a little.

I hope you get a good one. If you're buying it from retail, ask if you can open it up and check. I did that with my second purchase and I chose the best one of the lot. Good luck!

I dunno if my dealer will let me do that. Open every box until I find a perfect one. Where are you from??

SanShou: If you end up stuck with two and you don't want both (and assuming the oil problem isn't terrible on the extra you get), I may be interested in buying it off you. I wouldn't need the sonar accessories, so if you didn't either you could probably make an extra few bucks off those as well.

If you're buying it from retail, ask if you can open it up and check.

The problem is, you may take a peak and see it dry, but that doesn't mean anything, mine was fine out of the box and for a few days before the problem kicked in. Sure it's better to start off with one that's not affected in the box, but there's no feeling safe because it's fine in the box it'll stay that way.

I'd really question the ones who said "no oil at all." Johnnyr anyone? :lol As for the "stopped," that's after a mod and several have already reported that despite the mod, theirs still leaks. So it's still a game of Russian Roulette with a loaded wheel.

Back