DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Now I was under the impression that Eddie got his replacement with the separation sheet right from HT and it was still leaking or so it seemed. Now it turns out the replacement was fine and it was his other bat that was still leaking after he sandwiched a sheet himself! Very confusing. Maybe it was poor cut and pastes or quotes I have read here and possibly on FB.
This is the reason why sometimes you can't believe what other ppl say unless there are sufficient numbers to support it and from ppl that seem to know how to express themselves accurately and you can believe know what they are talking about!!

Vodoun, was yours oozing as soon as you opened the replacement body?

It seem it was not helpfull after all. Anyway, I will keep you posted. In the meantime, It's one amazing figure!

So CristiMan is your replacement leaking now??

well for those that know it has been what almost 2mons and it seems to have fixed my problem. Really can't enjoy the figure for always looks at the abs to make sure it's not leaking.

So CristiMan is your replacement leaking now??

Nope. 24 hours standing in the shelf. My original was leaking since the first time I opened the box. This replacement was dry and it still remains dry. If this continues like this, I cant praise enough of Costumer Service from Hot Toys as they adressed the issue very professionaly. I will keep reporting here. But at this time: really 5 stars figure.

do you think it's still worth to keep the MMS TDK? because if i place them side by side, it's very obvious that the MMS TDK is lack in detail.

check DX02 thread but if you dont need the money (and not sure how much you can get for the V1) you can "upgrade" your V1 with parts (head) of the DX02 and voila you got one real nice bat and one decent bat :D

do you think it's still worth to keep the MMS TDK? because if i place them side by side, it's very obvious that the MMS TDK is lack in detail.

DX02 is superior in every way. I have both. My MMS got permanently posed in the batpod and it looks amazing, as the problems with it are hidden with the extreme posing. I've seen in the DX02 photo thread side by side comparations pics. Since they are so expensive, to pose them standing, I would only keep one. If I didn't own an empty batpod I wouldn't buy another Batman TDK, as I was happy with the MMS, even knowing it was not perfect, but not that bad that it justifies another figure. The joker was possible to recreate the interrogation room look, that is completely different from bomb coat look. Just my opinion...

Nope. 24 hours standing in the shelf. My original was leaking since the first time I opened the box. This replacement was dry and it still remains dry. If this continues like this, I cant praise enough of Costumer Service from Hot Toys as they adressed the issue very professionaly. I will keep reporting here. But at this time: really 5 stars figure.

Thank GOD!!! Things are starting to look up I think. Maybe it'll stay this way CristiMAN.

check DX02 thread but if you dont need the money (and not sure how much you can get for the V1) you can "upgrade" your V1 with parts (head) of the DX02 and voila you got one real nice bat and one decent bat :D

My biggest problem with the V1 Dark Knight is the body. It's too big. It's just as big as OC Batman. The DX Batman is smaller and leaner which is more accurate. Just look at Bale in BB and TDK. He's a little smaller in TDK. That's my problem with the V1 Batman and that's what grinds my gears. :naughty

i'm thinking to sell my MMS and replace it with another DX. i want to pose it with the flying pack and another one with bat cape.

:gun:gun:gun:gun:gun

DCD shipment will be perfect....pfft.

A question to anyone who shipped their leaking body back to Hot Toys and recieved a replacement...did you remove everything from the body such as gauntlets and even boots? Does the new body they send you come with gauntlets / boots? cheers

I was asked to remove everything And from the few pics I have seen here of replacements that's how they send it back too

Which is wise. The blades on the gauntlets would become broken.

More or less like that minus the belt.

IMG_0787-horz.jpg

Day two after replacement body received and posed in... no oil at all.

YellowJoshua, I sent only the body. No gauntlets, hands, head, neck, belt or boots. I sent it with a letter that had a picture os the body I sent, with the email conversation and my info. Everything went like a breeze.

A question to anyone who shipped their leaking body back to Hot Toys and recieved a replacement...did you remove everything from the body such as gauntlets and even boots? Does the new body they send you come with gauntlets / boots? cheers

I was asked to remove everything as well, I had a dodgy PERS head and cloak so I included them. But gauntlets etc off.

Which is wise. The blades on the gauntlets would become broken.

More or less like that minus the belt.

IMG_0787-horz.jpg

I didn't take the boots off, Didn't know they even came off!
:horror

This is what I was told:

"Please kindly send the defective body, PERS head & cape (without accessories & packaging box) to our office for replacement & the details are as below:"

I doubt his boots count as accessories do they?

Well I've had my new replacement body for 2 weeks now and some oil has appeared in the lower abs area. It's hardly noticeable though and nothing in comparison to what the previous body was like.
As they wrote in their email, the problem has been greatly improved but not completely fixed.

The only things I took off mine were the cape, hands, head, neck and belt, gauntlets were left on, I assumed from talking with Toys2 that I was to hold onto the parts that were made to swap out, even though you can take the boots and gauntlets off, I figured them more part of the body and costume. Packed wright, the gauntlets shouldn't break though.

Back