DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Does anyone know if DCD even knows about this problem? I'm sure if DCD knew they would put more pressure on HT to fix the problem. After all they are DC. I think we should just email DCD's CS dept. with this problem. Providing links to this thread and the FB thread.

Do you think that would help?

This sounds like a good idea to me. Can we do that?

I may shot them an email myself.

Maybe get Darthloard Dave to write on behalf of all the members here to get assurances that the upcoming "batch" released by DCD will be problem free?

Also a good idea.

Man, I am so close to canceling my BBTS pre-order. :(

All I can say is don't make it really thick. Thick enough that it keeps both areas away but doesn't put pressure on the shirt. For all we know this isn't even the cause. That Hot Toys claims so much on.

I don't think there is a right or wrong doing this. My first figure has very little kitchen roll below the abs and it cured itself.

Figure 2 eventually had the whole section covered in below up to the chest and it was still oozing. It's really trial and error. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa.

This is how my bad one currently is, that I checked 4 hours ago and it's still dry. On day 7 or 8 now. I had to plug it with 3 layers of acrylic paint though.

dscf9296.jpg

Sorry for all the plugging fuss with the "bad one", but I got to say, that acrylic patchup paintup looks phenomenal, Dude. Really great Job. I hope the problem is solved before mine arrives with the Hugoid DC shipment. You know they know what the prob is now with all the returned figures and all. Just can't see them not resolving it before then.

Last edited:
Sorry for all the plugging fuss with the "bad one", but I got to say, that acrylic patchup paintup looks phenomenal, Dude. Really great Job. I hope the problem is solved before mine arrives with the hugoid DC shipment. You know they know what the prob is now with all the returned figures and all. Just can't see them not resolving it before then.

I really hope your right... but I am starting to think that I should cancel my DCD pre-order to wait and see...

If the oil problem still isn't fixed by then, I'd almost rather buy him second hand from someone who is disgusted with the oil and at least get a deal.

Just can't see them not resolving it before then.

I think the entire DX Batman collector community is hoping for a resolution and a chance for those who got a defective one to get a good one through replacement. Problems aside, it's one of their best figures.

I think the entire DX Batman collector community is hoping for a resolution and a chance for those who got a defective one to get a good one through replacement. Problems aside, it's one of their best figures.

I doubt it's fixed. Maybe prolonged, but not fixed. If it was, it'd be a virtual feeding frenzy amongst collectors just to get their hands on one that doesn't dribble. And when that happens, everybody loses as retailers realize they're holding trophies and more often than not, turn to ebay to exploit them.

I'd almost rather buy him second hand from someone who is disgusted with the oil and at least get a deal.

I've owned mine for less than 72 hours and I'm already in that boat. I don't have time to babysit an action figure.

If you do have trouble with the oil leakage in a couple weeks or months, just don't be afraid to let us know! It will be helpful. :)

And to everyone else, If he does end up having trouble. BE NICE!!! :lecture

Nobody say "I told you so!"

...:rotfl:lol Let me be the first to say I'll openly point out the wrong there. He's blatantly defending a figure based on something he heard from a guy who heard from a guy. He frankly hasn't even owned his figures long enough to make that determination first hand....

UPDATE: I went to go take new photos of the Dark Knight Figures because the camera on my phone takes bad pics. When I took the figures down were I shoot my videos for my Youtube Channel I noticed a wet look on the bottom of both abs of both figures. So my dealer was not honest and I emailed him about what could be done I am waiting for a response. I want to be honest with everyone the figures did not show signs as of 2 days ago but today I can see were it is going to start at the bottom of the abs. As I stated before if my figures started leaking I would be upset and I am for the amount of money spent with my dealer I want something done with the figures.

...:rotfl:lol We told you that from the very first shot you took. But hey, what do we know? :lol:rolleyes:

And prophecy fulfilled. ;)

For my part, Johnnyr, I give you a lot of credit for coming clean on this issue in such a hostile environment. :)

I doubt it's fixed. Maybe prolonged, but not fixed. If it was, it'd be a virtual feeding frenzy amongst collectors just to get their hands on one that doesn't dribble. And when that happens, everybody loses as retailers realize they're holding trophies and more often than not, turn to ebay to exploit them.

This is why I haven't canceled my BBTS pre-order yet. I don't want to be fighting over new oil free figures at exorbitant prices.

...decisions, decisions...

Today I've received the replacement body from Hot Toys. No oil at all. Two thing I've noticed diferent from mine that could help everybody.

1- The costume is now two separate pieces, meaning they are not glued anymore.

2- In the area that used to be glued, beneath the lower abs (usualy the most afected by the oil) now theres a very thin transparent plastic that doesnt let the upper part of the costume touch the lower.

For the first hours, there's no leaking at all. I guess I will report in a few days/weeks to inform everyone. This tells us two things: Hot Toys knows what's wrong with the figure. And the fix with sponge we all have seen in this thread really is a solution. At this point, I'm a very happy owner of a completely perfect Dark Knight Batman figure.

Cheers everybody!

Today I've received the replacement body from Hot Toys. No oil at all. Two thing I've noticed diferent from mine that could help everybody.

2- In the area that used to be glued, beneath the lower abs (usualy the most afected by the oil) now theres a very thin transparent plastic that doesnt let the upper part of the costume touch the lower.

For the first hours, there's no leaking at all. I guess I will report in a few days/weeks to inform everyone. This tells us two things: Hot Toys knows what's wrong with the figure. And the fix with sponge we all have seen in this thread really is a solution. At this point, I'm a very happy owner of a completely perfect Dark Knight Batman figure.

Cheers everybody!

WOW. Sounds like HT has a solution - no pun intended. :lol

Very interesting CristiMAN, and just as I suspected, HT had Prod people all over this. There is no way they were gonna dump this flaw on the upcoming Massive DC Shipment.

So, can you post a few close ups of the changes?

So was mine as was Maul's as was Voorhees and they were still oozing.

Yeah so was Eddie's and it still oozed.

For the first hours, there's no leaking at all.

Hmm...

I guess I will report in a few days/weeks to inform everyone. This tells us two things: Hot Toys knows what's wrong with the figure. And the fix with sponge we all have seen in this thread really is a solution. At this point, I'm a very happy owner of a completely perfect Dark Knight Batman figure.

Cheers everybody!

The sponge works for some people but not all. There's some it's not worked with to keep it separate from the lower and upper.

Yeah so was Eddie's and it still oozed.

Are you sure about that, I looked at his posts on Mediworld just to try and understand what's going on with his. At MW, he posted:

Received from HT the so called new and improved Batman DX body today. Difference? The belly is not glued to the pants by default now. Instead, between the belly and pants is a sheet of transparent film.

So maybe the rumours are true that the oil is caused by some kinda chemical reaction between the pieces.

Let's see if this really solves the issue...

Followed up with.

Nothing to photo. Nothing is different.

I'm not gonna keep the new replacement Batman. Will box it up and sell it. Can't deal with wiping oil everyday and having to worry when the oil will destroy the surface.

I've put a sheet of the film into my displayed Batman's belly (which is leaking like crazy). Let's see in 24hrs time if its stopped (I'm currently wiping it every day). Will keep you all posted.

Btw, both arm pads are now oozing oil too... sigh

I feel like there is miscommunication, he doesn't specifically state that the replacement is leaking, he just mentions frustration with the leaking and talking about trying to stop leaking but doesn't identify if it's his non-replaced one or not.

The he posts this.

OK, that film underneath the abs totally didn't work. I've now shoved some kitchen towel up his belly like Voudon.

But then later he posts this.

Some dude said the same on mine. I also got a replacement with no oil but ive boxed it up to sell. Let's face it, its still early days yet for these new replacements. We'll see in due time. HT never mentioned about replacing my oily Bats, they only did with the real f*ed up other one I have...

To me it sounds like his replacement is fine in that post, though I don't get why he'd box it up and sell it if it were. He's one of few to get a replacement for us to see what happens, but I really can't figure out exactly what he's trying to share with people.

Vodoun, was yours oozing as soon as you opened the replacement body?

It seem it was not helpfull after all. Anyway, I will keep you posted. In the meantime, It's one amazing figure!

Was yours oozing as soon as you opened the replacement body?

You, heighan and Eddie Wong are the only people that have received a replacement figure and posted about it for the oil problem. Heighan's reported no problems yet, yours seems fine, and I can't figure out what the real story is with Eddie's.

One week now - he's fully assembled, standing upright with belt on. No return of the fluid. The bottom 2 ab plates are a skooch darker than the other plates, but not that you'd really notice.

One week now - he's fully assembled, standing upright with belt on. No return of the fluid. The bottom 2 ab plates are a skooch darker than the other plates, but not that you'd really notice.

You mind giving a quick recap of what you did?

Are you sure about that, I looked at his posts on Mediworld just to try and understand what's going on with his. At MW, he posted:

Followed up with.

I feel like there is miscommunication, he doesn't specifically state that the replacement is leaking, he just mentions frustration with the leaking and talking about trying to stop leaking but doesn't identify if it's his non-replaced one or not.

The he posts this.

But then later he posts this.

To me it sounds like his replacement is fine in that post, though I don't get why he'd box it up and sell it if it were. He's one of few to get a replacement for us to see what happens, but I really can't figure out exactly what he's trying to share with people.

Yeah I know there is a lot of confusion but he said that even with the transparent film in below it was still oozing so then he took it out and shoved kitchen roll up it. Including the very first figure.

So if his is fixing itself on it's own from kitchen roll. Hot Toys attempt isn't working and as you know what works for some isn't working for others.

There's never a consistent plan, ok people this is what it is and they all do as he says but not all of it works.

Vodoun, was yours oozing as soon as you opened the replacement body?

No I've not had a replacement yet but my figures were dry for a few days when they arrived in the box. They arrived Feb 15. Neither figures stomachs are glued either. I've had foam up them, kitchen roll, sponges. Kitchen roll worked on figure 1, it's still fine to this day. It worked for a while on figure 2. Then it started and stopped so many times I'm starting to lose track of things until it got to one stage it got so bad on figure 2 I was dabbing the 2 lower abs every 3 - 4 hours for about a month or just over. It actually degraded the paint covering. Even when it was dry it became shiny. Thats why I had to add new paint.

I'm hoping I don't have to go down that route getting a replacement. Saying that I'm not far off 2 months owning them come April 15. So who knows where or what could happen if I wanted to attempt to get it replaced. Would they honour it?... as according to Hot Toys it has to be from an official dealer that they keep grasping on. ActionHQ.com was where I got it. At the moment I've somewhat stopped it for now but I'm still not convinced due to having no trust in it now. As it feels no matter what I've tried from everyone here it never worked. You know? while Hot Toys stays in silence.

It seem it was not helpfull after all. Anyway, I will keep you posted. In the meantime, It's one amazing figure!

It may have not been helpful but I do hope you keep us posted. There's been quite a few people all over the place that has had replacement bodies and on that day receiving it shouting out it's fixed and then they vanish. Never any new updates or such.

Yeah I know it's an amazing fig thats why it's gutting that it's such a disaster of a problem. More so how Hot Toys is handling this. They are choosing who they respond to. Look at breakersrevenge. He's a dealer. He has a whole stock of defect DX's and Hot Toys are ignoring him.

Back