DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
You need to email them a copy of the sales receipt for the purchase, that's what was asked in the email they sent you.

Yes, of course MaulFan is correct, do just that. Just presumed that u already had!. But if they say wait a week, wait a week.
best of luck.

Logitech can do that in a day or two and it takes Hot Toys a week for proof of purchase...

I am sick of wiping mine now!

It seems as bad still now as it was 2 months ago which is a real disappointment, i now have the opinion that this problem will not subside!

So so so disappointed! Very disappointed with HT also, their lack of sorting this problem for their customers is shocking! :mad:

Any side effects since all this time? cracking, perishing, softening up or is it all OK apart from glistening...

Last edited:
For those that tried paper towels under the abs...did it work immeadiately?

If I remember correctly it took roughly 2 - 4 days to show any clearing signs and you would still be dabbing it until one day it just no longer appears.

Just open it you big fearty.

Heh, on their Facebook page they are still dishing out that scripted response.

Yogi Anindyajati said:
BATMAN: Hot Tooooys, why you drop that ooil to my DX02 costuuumee ???..... WHHHHY??.......

Hot Toys said:
If there are any problems, please contact our Customer Service Dept at [email protected]. Sorry for the inconvenience caused!
Today at 13:10

Mohamad Shuhaimi said:
You can contact them, but they can't solve your problem. I know, my problem haven't solve yet and I gave up contacting them. I guess this is how they want to make us shut up. Well, it works! If you think that ur DX is not worth the money you pay for,put it on ebay (they'll never go below $150) and buy Medicom TDK. Good luck Hot Toys!
Today at 13:39

Last edited:
all this wiping the oil off is preparing you guys to be fathers since you will have to be wiping the slober off your kids face all the time..hehe

Does anyone know if DCD even knows about this problem? I'm sure if DCD knew they would put more pressure on HT to fix the problem. After all they are DC. I think we should just email DCD's CS dept. with this problem. Providing links to this thread and the FB thread.

Do you think that would help?

Maybe get Darthloard Dave to write on behalf of all the members here to get assurances that the upcoming "batch" released by DCD will be problem free?

Okay I opened it .................. if he were wearing a tampon the brand would be called Failtex. :( I added the makeup sponge like Cr0w did and it didn't help .......... at all. Didn't even slow it down. Meh.

Any weird marks in below like melted/chemical reactions that Hot Toys claims?... and how long has the sponge been under? I'm assuming all that time.

If I remember correctly it took roughly 2 - 4 days to show any clearing signs and you would still be dabbing it until one day it just no longer appears.

Hmm...ok, thanks! Is there a special way to make sure all the affected area is covered? I just placed a single ply of paper towel as far up the torso as I could (is it just late or does that sound dirty?) but I'm not sure if I need more, or where exactly it should be covering.

Does anyone know if DCD even knows about this problem? I'm sure if DCD knew they would put more pressure on HT to fix the problem. After all they are DC. I think we should just email DCD's CS dept. with this problem. Providing links to this thread and the FB thread.

Do you think that would help?

I doubt it. From my experience DCD doesn't care all that much about QC on the stuff they produce themselves.

Is there a special way to make sure all the affected area is covered? I just placed a single ply of paper towel as far up the torso as I could (is it just late or does that sound dirty?) but I'm not sure if I need more, or where exactly it should be covering.

All I can say is don't make it really thick. Thick enough that it keeps both areas away but doesn't put pressure on the shirt. For all we know this isn't even the cause. That Hot Toys claims so much on.

I don't think there is a right or wrong doing this. My first figure has very little kitchen roll below the abs and it cured itself.

Figure 2 eventually had the whole section covered in below up to the chest and it was still oozing. It's really trial and error. What works for you may not work for me and vice versa.

This is how my bad one currently is, that I checked 4 hours ago and it's still dry. On day 7 or 8 now. I had to plug it with 3 layers of acrylic paint though.

dscf9296.jpg

Any weird marks in below like melted/chemical reactions that Hot Toys claims?... and how long has the sponge been under? I'm assuming all that time.

There is somewhat of a compressed (stamped) mark but not melted (under the top layer) The sponge has been there for a few weeks now.

^^^ there is absolutely no reason we as consumers should be doing this to our figures. This figure really was too good to be true.

There is somewhat of a compressed (stamped) mark but not melted (under the top layer)

I don't think that is related to this. That could just be a marking from the factory. Sometimes I really think it has nothing to do with contact.

^^^ there is absolutely no reason we as consumers should be doing this to our figures. This figure really was too good to be true.

Heh, yeah and Hot Toys said it wont ruin your collectible experience. What a load of crap.

I don't care if the CEO of Hot Toys is sensitive to criticism. They fecked up big time.

Yeah they obviously frigged up big time but it just sucks that it has to take away from how amazing the figure really is. I mean aside from the stupid leak its nothing short of stunning. Its easily one of the nicest figures i've ever seen/owned.

Sucks, I know.

Back