DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
damn! i got the peepee melted. it doesn't sounds right.

As unrealistic as it sounds, HT should really, really recall this damn thing. He's not Batman, he's Lemon Man:

lemon-man.jpg

No. Some of the uneven eared heads actually got out, oil residue seeps from the abdominal and bicep areas, some have been glued and when separated (by the owner or during shipping) reveals damage to the top of the pants part of the suit that was underneath, and one just turned up with his peepee melted.

ok I stick to a UK dealer for the above reasons

Thanks

ok I stick to a UK dealer for the above reasons

Thanks

Sadly, at this point, that doesn't mean anything other than the ability to get a refund if things go south. :(

I can see retailers selling these guys AS IS when DC Direct's shipment comes in. I'd hate to think of the nightmare those who're purchasing him (retailers) are gonna experience when the customers start bringing them back in for refunds.

As it is, I'm just about at wits end with HT. 8 of the 12 TrueTypes I purchased in the past year have broken right knees. Their QC seems to have completely gone out the window.

No. Some of the uneven eared heads actually got out, oil residue seeps from the abdominal and bicep areas, some have been glued and when separated (by the owner or during shipping) reveals damage to the top of the pants part of the suit that was underneath, and one just turned up with his peepee melted.

Add to that, Bad cape seams and mine had a black plastic flash in one eye. Quality control really seems to have slipped with this.

Hopefully it will get sorted for anyone who wants a replacement. Waiting for mine..:(

I am sick of wiping mine now!

It seems as bad still now as it was 2 months ago which is a real disappointment, i now have the opinion that this problem will not subside!

So so so disappointed! Very disappointed with HT also, their lack of sorting this problem for their customers is shocking! :mad:

QC is very very poor, not answerd any of my emails, maybe its because I'm a dealer.

I think 100% of my 50+ stock has oil issue with around 6 with other QC issues. I had to use my spare inventory to replace the 6 customers with DX Bat bodies.

Now I'm left with 6 frikkin DX Bats that I cant sell.

QC is very very poor, not answerd any of my emails, maybe its because I'm a dealer.

I think 100% of my 50+ stock has oil issue with around 6 with other QC issues. I had to use my spare inventory to replace the 6 customers with DX Bat bodies.

Now I'm left with 6 frikkin DX Bats that I cant sell.

Thats just unbelievably shi**y that dude i really feel for you

HT should be ashamed of themselves!!!

Robbing basterds!!!

i got this reply from Hot Toys.

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding oil leakage of your DX Batman collectible figure.

Regarding the oil leakage, please send us the sales receipt, and postal address via this email for our record. We will get back to you in 1-2 weeks for further action upon receipt of the above information.

If your collectible figure is purchased from our official distributors, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with solutions.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks very much for your support of Hot Toys’ products.

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys"

is this a good sign or they always play nice to the complaining customer?

i got this reply from Hot Toys.

"We apologize for the inconvenience caused regarding oil leakage of your DX Batman collectible figure.

Regarding the oil leakage, please send us the sales receipt, and postal address via this email for our record. We will get back to you in 1-2 weeks for further action upon receipt of the above information.

If your collectible figure is purchased from our official distributors, we recommend that you can contact them directly and they will provide you with solutions.

Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks very much for your support of Hot Toys’ products.

Thanks and best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys"

is this a good sign or they always play nice to the complaining customer?

Well I got something similar from HT, but I pushed it with them. Sent them photos etc. told them this was not a retail problem but obviously a manufacturing one. My DX bats did have a couple of other issues (head/cape) but then they then offered me a replacement. I waited a few weeks (in hope of getting a newer model) and sent it off a few days ago. So in the end I can't really complain, apart from the inconvenience of having to post it back to china. And I'm not sure if they offered me a replacement just because of the other issues?
But they did, so fingers crossed I get an oil free model, no guarantee from what I have read and seen..

Best of luck with yours.

Edit: I didn't mention, I got mine from ebay. NOT an official shop.

i already sent them close up photo in the crotch area. so what should i do now? wait for a week as they asked me to?

*i also didn't buy from an official shop. i bought it from my local dealer.

Well they were quite sporadic with their replies to me and i had to send pics a few times because they couldn't open them. But I would wait a week or so and then email them again. Thats what I did.

i already sent them close up photo in the crotch area. so what should i do now? wait for a week as they asked me to?

*i also didn't buy from an official shop. i bought it from my local dealer.

You need to email them a copy of the sales receipt for the purchase, that's what was asked in the email they sent you.

For me, yes for now. The first figure has been dry for 4 - 5 weeks or so now. Figure 2 was still oozing with the kitchen roll but now it's on day 6 and it's still dry but I had to plug that with black matte matching paint.

Even still how do we even know it's not just sitting dormant? say it starts up in a week or two or a month or two - three from now again. I really don't know what to make of it except I have no trust in it.

I feel like something that I really cherish is going to fail on me. In between times Hot Toys don't give a flying fluff!

With all the talk of this issue, I'm gonna pass on this figure. I had one on order, but I'm gonna cancel it.

If I knew what I do now. I would have done the same but when I got it and paid for it before it shipped like only 3- 5 people had it and it was so small back then but now it's so wide spread now nearly everyone has it and had to add sponges, kitchen roll, foam or wool to it to try and remedy it. I'm fast going on 2 months owning them come April 15.

The figure just has fail written all over it. It's a major bust up and it's a flagship product for god sake! Especially that Hot Toys don't give a flying fluff about it. We're almost in April for god sake and there's still no signs of it improving at manufacturing level.

Hot Toys have royally screwed up big time.

Had to run home at lunch cause my HT Iron Man arrived today, so I tried some paper towels on him. Didn't have much time so I just kinda stuffed them in there. We'll see.

Back