DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
what plastic? do you have any picture?

No pictures but as described, there's a thin sheet of plastic applied ot the inside of the shirt as a "fix" for the problems. Earlier figures you'd just feel rubber inside so if it looks like there's a thin sheet of plastic inside your shirt, then it has it.

ooo i dont know, it's glued. do you think i have a chance to get a replacement? at least for the pants.

If the front of the shirt is glued then I would say your figure's from the production run before they started putting the film in to protect it.

As far as your shot of getting it replaced, HT hasn't been very up front about doing it, but some people are having luck getting them to replace their figures. I would try to arrange it through the shop you got it from rather than going through Hot Toys yourself though, if you can.

I wonder if the glue has been spilled cleaned up but had an adverse reaction just after Hot Toys packaged that or seeped in below the bag with the belt. I can almost see some sort of smooth surface right at the tip of that kevlar or it's melted in his photo. The mesh shaped rubber.

I'm still not convinced with the whole rubber stomach to rubber pants contact thing causing this. Even to this day when I have lifted the upper part to look below, no perishing, no melted marks or any break down or fluids or any stains on the kitchen roll. Even from the beginning it was dry in below but no glue.

As far as your shot of getting it replaced, HT hasn't been very up front about doing it, but some people are having luck getting them to replace their figures. I would try to arrange it through the shop you got it from rather than going through Hot Toys yourself though, if you can.

Indeed, Hot Toys didn't even replace Eddie's second figure. They only replaced the really bad one. The body with the warped head. Hot Toys is becoming very an*l these days. Middle finger to their customers more or less.

I question the whole reaction of the two pieces myself, since the V1 has the same overlap, but, where the v1 suit is all the same rubber, and the DX isn't, I suppose anything's possible. If the problems were more consistent, it'd probably be easier to figure out, but you never know what you'll get.

UPDATE: I went to go take new photos of the Dark Knight Figures because the camera on my phone takes bad pics. When I took the figures down were I shoot my videos for my Youtube Channel I noticed a wet look on the bottom of both abs of both figures. So my dealer was not honest and I emailed him about what could be done I am waiting for a response. I want to be honest with everyone the figures did not show signs as of 2 days ago but today I can see were it is going to start at the bottom of the abs. As I stated before if my figures started leaking I would be upset and I am for the amount of money spent with my dealer I want something done with the figures.

Hopefully you understand now why people were coming down on you for getting fired up that things were fixed, after dealing with HT and trying to get the problem fixed for a couple months, most of us have grown cynical of HT actually resolving this problem and know that a week or even two is still too soon to feel in the clear.

UPDATE: I went to go take new photos of the Dark Knight Figures because the camera on my phone takes bad pics. When I took the figures down were I shoot my videos for my Youtube Channel I noticed a wet look on the bottom of both abs of both figures. So my dealer was not honest and I emailed him about what could be done I am waiting for a response. I want to be honest with everyone the figures did not show signs as of 2 days ago but today I can see were it is going to start at the bottom of the abs. As I stated before if my figures started leaking I would be upset and I am for the amount of money spent with my dealer I want something done with the figures.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol We told you that from the very first shot you took. But hey, what do we know? :lol:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Check the underneath the ab area of the suit to see if there is a plastic film in between the top and bottom suit.

damn, i can't stop thinking about the melted rubber! (i'm at work right now). i think i'm just gonna sell this trash.

LOL. Maybe next time instead of walking around like you're the Hot Toys god you'll actually listen to the seasoned veterans of this hobby. Glad you've joined the DX Faucet club. :mwaha:rotfl

And sorry to hear you're DX Batman didn't come potty trained.

I question the whole reaction of the two pieces myself, since the V1 has the same overlap, but, where the v1 suit is all the same rubber, and the DX isn't, I suppose anything's possible. If the problems were more consistent, it'd probably be easier to figure out, but you never know what you'll get.

It's puzzling how it never oiled up in below or went funny yet it remains dry with the only sections it oils up on certain spots from the outside.

Surely if it was a chemical reaction between the two in contact the whole front would be glistening from being penetrated...

The rubber remains quite firm to this day.

LOL. Maybe next time instead of walking around like you're the Hot Toys god you'll actually listen to the seasoned veterans of this hobby. Glad you've joined the DX Faucet club. :mwaha:rotfl

And sorry to hear you're DX Batman didn't come potty trained.

Psh. Like you know anything. You've been collecting far too long to be an expert! :tap

No I haven't and I've never claimed to be an expert nor have I ever called another collector names because I disagreed with another member. I've never tried to deceive anyone. I've always been respectful to everyone here. This is the first time I've spoken out about another member in this way. So please don't go trying to start something here. That is the only thing I'll be saying to Johnnyr in regards to this matter. You're more than welcome to check out my other posts. And refresh my memory nam. I think I was sticking up for YOU in this case......

No I haven't and I've never claimed to be an expert nor have I ever called another collector names because I disagreed with another member. I've never tried to deceive anyone. I've always been respectful to everyone here. This is the first time I've spoken out about another member in this way. So please don't go trying to start something here. That is the only thing I'll be saying to Johnnyr in regards to this matter. You're more than welcome to check out my other posts. And refresh my memory nam. I think I was sticking up for YOU in this case......

:horror ... that was sarcasm. :lol

..."far too long" ... i.e. ..."collecting for 3 weeks makes you the undisputed expert."

Oh. I thought you were saying "as if YOU know any better than he does."
I've been collecting for about 16 months now. I think I know a little more than him... LOL

It's puzzling how it never oiled up in below or went funny yet it remains dry with the only sections it oils up on certain spots from the outside.

Surely if it was a chemical reaction between the two in contact the whole front would be glistening from being penetrated...

The rubber remains quite firm to this day.

It is odd how it only shows up on the outside of the shirt.

damn, i can't stop thinking about the melted rubber! (i'm at work right now). i think i'm just gonna sell this trash.

Did you buy the 2nd batch or 3rd batch DX from your dealer? Did you also read up on the oil issue here before you bought yours?

Back