DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Most of us has the oil problem, but one of my poor customers has a bigger issue.

See pic!

3a51dacf.jpg

He emaild HT and the reply was somethinkg along the lines of 'Just twist it back'
:(:(

What else are you going to do? Facebook posts and emails just get the usual generic BS response. Other than shipping the figure to them with a big note taped to the abs saying fix this ____ing problem, I don't know how much clearer and more forceful you can really get, all the pictures people have sent, and they still treat people complaining about it like they're idiots that don't know how to wipe away residue or take off shipping tape from the belt.

Yeah the oil is starting to really bug me now. The thing that sucks, is that I find its way too nice to send back. Its easily one of my favorite figures right now.

I would assume HT's figured people would be so blown away by the detail they'd forgive (to them) the minor defect.

I would assume HT's figured people would be so blown away by the detail they'd forgive (to them) the minor defect.

I would hope not, they shouldn't consider a small defect, it's one that alters the appearance of the figure with darker and shinier parts to the armor, and not in a consistent way that could be brushed off as meant to be. I actually find it more annoying that the figure is so nice yet riddled with problems, I might not be so annoyed if it were a so-so figure, but it's so kickass that to have this taint on it is just something I can't ignore.

I would hope not, they shouldn't consider a small defect, it's one that alters the appearance of the figure with darker and shinier parts to the armor, and not in a consistent way that could be brushed off as meant to be. I actually find it more annoying that the figure is so nice yet riddled with problems, I might not be so annoyed if it were a so-so figure, but it's so kickass that to have this taint on it is just something I can't ignore.

Also whos to say that it doesn't begin to crack once the moisture expires.

since crows method, the oil on my bats is light, not noticeable, but if you look closely on it a bit moist, still, way, way better now, hopefully it stops soon... im thinking of removing the sponge and wait 24 hours, just to see if the oil will be there again... still living with it with no regrets...

I hope that most of you sharing this problem can help to clearly show that this problem is not on a small scale and add respectful comments to my facebook posting I just made and my name is Jeff Foo on facebook :wave
I don't want to come across as a few ppl being vocal and childish and hence being dismissed. I do intend to repeat this post and hopefully with your continued support to continue to bring this matter to the forefront. I still believe we can do this without a need to make an ass of ourselves

Maybe we should bomb their page like some other guy did the other day..He posted "SHOW US AVATAR" over and over again like 7 or 8 times!! LOL!! We should put:

FIX THE OIL PROBLEM ON DX02 BATMAN!!

Most of us has the oil problem, but one of my poor customers has a bigger issue.

He emaild HT and the reply was somethinkg along the lines of 'Just twist it back'
:(:(

I have this on both of mine as well but not twisted as much. the upper and lower suits are glued together on the back and possibly on the sides. I am not sure however if separating it will resolve the issue though. Some here have possible done so during cleaning of the suits here? Can you shine in? I think Darth Dave did?

Maybe we should bomb their page like some other guy did the other day..He posted "SHOW US AVATAR" over and over again like 7 or 8 times!! LOL!! We should put:

FIX THE OIL PROBLEM ON DX02 BATMAN!!

I think we can get our message across in a clean and organized fashion and still achieve the same by doing just that. We can always go all out if that does not get us the results we desire but I really hope it won;t come to it :(

Seperating the upper and lower portions of the suit should definately fix the offset appearance. I actually had that problem on my V1 suit, I could see it was glued in an offset position and I just peeled the outer top from the inner bottom because it was the only way... didn't hurt the figure at all tho.

Seperating the upper and lower portions of the suit should definately fix the offset appearance. I actually had that problem on my V1 suit, I could see it was glued in an offset position and I just peeled the outer top from the inner bottom because it was the only way... didn't hurt the figure at all tho.

I see, thanks for that, will give it a try when customer sends me the body.

if you look at the pic of MF's Bat on FB just now you will see almost the same amount of twisting. I guess the guy who was responsible for this step was crosseyed :(

I fully agree. At first I wasn't too bothered about it but after so much wiping and the oil still appearing I'm really annoyed. It's such an amazing figure yet this one small problem has seriously detracted from it's look and marred my enjoyment of it. The fact HT are not responding to this suggests to me that either A: they can't find the solution to the problem yet or B: they're hoping it will stop with our 'wiping' and we'll forget about it.
I too worry for them that if new batches come out with no oil problems then there's going to be hell-to-pay from those of us that already have it.

The problem with wiping is depending on how much residue you have, gently dabbing or wiping won't get rid of it. I wiped mine as gently as possible but the ammount I had to to get rid of it ended up scraping away the paint job.

What did you use?

I wonder though, if the oil when left on for many days softens the paint up and any gently dabbing wont stop it from lifting since it's softened the paint.

Most likely HT doesn't have a solution. It's probably something in the manufacturing process and aside from trying to correct it for the next run, there isn't anything that can be done for ones already out there.

I know, you say that they should eat the cost of replacing the entirety of the 1st and 2nd run - but business just doesn't work like that. I don't think any of us want HT to go out of business because of what is really a minor issue or not take chances with new methods and materials that are the only way to realize some characters.

I don't think they should be so experimental, if they can't ensure the quality and entegrity of the piece, what good is exploring something new. Innovation is nice, but collectibles that arrive intact and last over time are more important. While the finish and differentiation between the armor bits wouldn't have been as nice with the more matte rubber like the first TDK Batman, at least if they'd stuck with that, we'd have oil free DX figures and probably enjoy them as much.

I too worry for them that if new batches come out with no oil problems then there's going to be hell-to-pay from those of us that already have it.

I agree that those of you that have the figured will be plenty upset if the new batch does not have the oil issue. Given how HT has handled this situation my optimism is waning.

Lastly, if the problem is corrected with the new batch I'm not convinced HT is spending a moment worried about the potential responses from existing owners. Again, it appears the a number of folks are happy with their figures despite the defect. My guess is that anyone who raises hell will receive canned responses apologizing for the inconvenience and encouraging them to click on the enclosed link to order their next HT figure.

Back