DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
can someone post a pic of the DX02 boots. I could swear the new ones look different, softer and cheaper looking. Again could be my imagination, but it was the first thing i noticed on opening the replacement.

A picture of the v1 boots or of the original DX02 boots? Because HT didn't send out new boots, at least for me, Toys2 kept my boots and guantlets and just sent back the body, everything that could be taken off was.

^ that would be the DCD release. 3rd "wave" - signs have been pointing to it being trouble free but we won't know until we've had 'em for a while.

Just want to chime in to keep people up to speed, I've had my replacement for a week now, no issues with the biceps or the stomach. This is by no means an "all is fixed", but, I didn't even get a full week with my original figure before problems kicked in, so it is sadly a milestone for me with this figure :lol

Sounds good so far!

can someone post a pic of the DX02 boots. I could swear the new ones look different, softer and cheaper looking. Again could be my imagination, but it was the first thing i noticed on the replacement.

Well I hope it is your imagination and it won't be cheaper looking.

Last edited:
A picture of the v1 boots or of the original DX02 boots? Because HT didn't send out new boots, at least for me, Toys2 kept my boots and guantlets and just sent back the body, everything that could be taken off was.

I got an almost complete replacement. I was unlucky enough to get leaky abs, a faulty PERS and a badly finished cape. And then I forgot to remove the boots! So almost everything is from the newest batch. As I posted earlier in the thread, as soon as I took it out from the box it looked different (at least to me) and I wasn't expecting it to except for the chest plate. The boots seem very soft, a little shiny, like slightly cheaper rubber, not as defined. The eyes on the PERS seem a little less round (although my original was faulty). They seem better to me. And the rubber on the arms seems softer.

It is very hard to be sure because I don't have the original to compare it to. I'm away from it this week, but I will post some pics when I get back. Has anyone gotten a DCD version yet?

My boots are pretty soft too and they're originals. As far as the suit and detailing, I really can't tell any differences, only thing I detect, and might just be in my head, the grey paint for the kevlar on the sides of the shirt and legs seems to contrast better against the black of the rest, which is a good thing.

Well, it's the only figure I know of that's shipped with so many configurations.

1- Original figure, flaking suit paint, warped heads.
2- Corrected figure, now with leaking abs.
3- First replacement, plastic sheet between shirt and pants, still leaking.
4- Second replacement, plastic shirt and biceps

It took 3 attempts at this figure before finally reaching a design that, in theory, will be problem free.

I would like to know where the fella is that cut his up for the replacement from Hot Toys. Why he never explored and shared with us, the pieces that was oozing. To see if there was traces of glue behind the plates if it was dissolving or whatever.

Hey guys just wanted to let everyone know that it's been about 2 weeks now with this new replacement body and not a drop or shine of oil anywhere on its body.I don't want to sound off and say problem solved but by the way it looks like to me the only residue Batman is gonna get is from my fingaz.Anyway,that's what i think.Keep you all posted.

So I got the 2nd batch which had fixed cowl, etc but still leaking which was quite a while ago. I guess it's too late to get a replacement?

So I got the 2nd batch which had fixed cowl, etc but still leaking which was quite a while ago. I guess it's too late to get a replacement?

Its not, mine was a second batch, I was waiting for the problem to be fixed before getting a replacement. Give it a go!

Back