DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Vodoun you know I have the same problem as you at the same place. My question is...I just placed a paper towel under the shoulder pad. Do you think this can solve the problem? It looks like the problem is not present because of the connection of the shoulder pad and the rubber.:dunno

Partially but that doesn't soak up the exposed part that you have to physically wipe. Only problem I've found is that bulges it if you also place tissue below the plate itself. So... I've been using the same trick what's below the stomach. Rubber, clear plastic, rubber rather than rubber, rubber, grey plastic.

Cutting little bits of plastic to wedge below the lip thats exposes on the arm as well as the huge lip in below the shoulder pad.

dscf0120u.jpg

Even though it's nice and thin it doesn't bulge the plate but it's keeping it from contact to the other rubber areas in between still keeping 4 folds of kleenex in below the plastic shoulder pads.

I'm barely wiping once a day now. It's a quick swipe if it's even that.

Sounds like there's a lot in there doesn't it?

Then you see it. Both figures have 2 plastic dividers in below both bicep plates. As well as a little bit of kleenex below the plastic shoulder pad itself.

I'm not saying it's a definite fix but it's what's working for me.

dscf0109n.jpg

dscf0110q.jpg

dscf0117b.jpg

dscf0115q.jpg

I would think that at this point, it's safe to say that those who are wanting to keep their DX02 despite leaking, regardless of location or whether it's major or minor, just need to come to terms that over time it will deteriorate at the point of leakage. Wiping it or leaving it both cause damage.

I would think that at this point, it's safe to say that those who are wanting to keep their DX02 despite leaking, regardless of location or whether it's major or minor, just need to come to terms that over time it will deteriorate at the point of leakage. Wiping it or leaving it both cause damage.

exactly which is why I came to terms with not having a DX batman and had to spend the money to buy a MISB original costume batman off ebay.

exactly which is why I came to terms with not having a DX batman and had to spend the money to buy a MISB original costume batman off ebay.

And the sad thing is I just can't sell it. I just don't want to scum anybody with that faulty Batman...It is sad because I live in Hungary and I had to spend even more money for it than the USA guys.:mad: I paid 270 dollar for the DX with shipping...

And the sad thing is I just can't sell it. I just don't want to scum anybody with that faulty Batman...It is sad because I live in Hungary and I had to spend even more money for it than the USA guys.:mad: I paid 270 dollar for the DX with shipping...

wow that sucks. I am going to be having a custom display built in my new house and I would hate for one figure to ruin another one because of stupid leaking.

Geil, tell Hot Toys the bicep plates are still oozing on certain sections of the black trim. Granted it's not even anywhere close to what the abdominal plates were but it still goes from a lovely matte black to greasy jet black. Like someone handled it after eating oily crisps.

I'm sure they'll tell you it's been fixed to get you off their back even though it's a hit or a miss getting one that wont.

I would love to send them back but to be honest I'm not going to burn another £17 to ship it back to Hong Kong when the solution isn't concrete. It could leak again.

sorry still jetlegged and in some weired time zone of my own now and always tired but the serial# you asked about it 4897011172750

Thank you for checking. Which batch was yours from, and where was it purchased?

Just an idea but it may be a way to at least track which ones are from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd batches which could help buyers be more educated as far as what defects to expect should they decide to purchase.

For the record I purchased three (1 from BBTS and 2 from eBay) from the 3rd (DCD batch) and the serial numbers were all 81006701.

The barcode number on the outer shipping box was 7 61941 29099 7.

Geil, tell Hot Toys the bicep plates are still oozing on certain sections of the black trim. Granted it's not even anywhere close to what the abdominal plates were but it still goes from a lovely matte black to greasy jet black. Like someone handled it after eating oily crisps.

I'm sure they'll tell you it's been fixed to get you off their back even though it's a hit or a miss getting one that wont.

I would love to send them back but to be honest I'm not going to burn another £17 to ship it back to Hong Kong when the solution isn't concrete. It could leak again.

Yeah too bad they did not fix the bicept part and is likely to bite us down the road. Mine is not leaking at this time yet and I hope myabe this one cured properly but looks like soe preventive measure is advisable

Thank you for checking. Which batch was yours from, and where was it purchased?

Just an idea but it may be a way to at least track which ones are from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd batches which could help buyers be more educated as far as what defects to expect should they decide to purchase.

For the record I purchased three (1 from BBTS and 2 from eBay) from the 3rd (DCD batch) and the serial numbers were all 81006701.

The barcode number on the outer shipping box was 7 61941 29099 7.

That seems to be a better approach in determining the batch it came from. I can try to find my outter box but let's see if I can find it tomorrow

Weathers' getting cold here and I noticed mine is starting to liquid up a bit. Like hot breath on a windscreen, it's getting that moisture look. Going to keep an eye on it or it's going back and I'm not paying a cent.

I did with my Batman 3 days ago what Vodoun said to me and it looks like it's working. After 3 days I barely see any oil. It is still there, but the result is much better. Thank you very much Vodoun!

Who else has had oil issues with the DC batch?
I only have heard one case of it.

I knew it was the bicep area just wondering who else has that issue. Ive only heard csutkakoma from here with the oil from the DC batch.

Well I've had my replacement over a month and have no oil it is a hit and miss thing to say they r all bad is jumping to conclusions have we no had this conversation before when it was the abdomen problem saying they was all fixed with plastic divder and it didn't fix it so saying they all have it when only a.few have said it does is spreading lies

Well I've had my replacement over a month and have no oil it is a hit and miss thing to say they r all bad is jumping to conclusions have we no had this conversation before when it was the abdomen problem saying they was all fixed with plastic divder and it didn't fix it so saying they all have it when only a.few have said it does is spreading lies

:confused: what does all that jibbrish even mean? :lol

What's being said is that if you have a leaking one, which there have been even in the DCD batch, it will inevitably degrade whether you wipe it or leave it. As we saw with bodies released prior to the DCD batch. I think you should maybe actually translate a few posts over the course of the past several pages and give them a read before jumping to conclusions, bub.

Back