DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Yet they can launch a new figure, adress other figure's issues and re-work a headscuplt.

Anyone can post those things, doesn't mean that the people who can actually provide answers relative to this problem are available. It'd be better if the HT responses said our team is on holiday and will look into this once holiday has ended or something like that, but, just saying, this is a tough week to expect real answers out of them, next week though, it's open season, holiday's over.

yeah freaks keep the following in mind:
1. all their replies are cut and paste due to possible language barrier and to stay consistent
2. HT, at least in the past few issues I have seen, has always relpied with rather generic responses until the source of the problem has been identified and resolved hence solution in place. Admission has been made quietly via few emails but nothing official will likely be posted until the above has been achieved
3. I think it has been posted several times already but flooding FB may just seem just like the postings that make the FB page so useless right now. Besides you, me and most of us can and will contain ourselves but again only takes a few bad eggs to turn all of us to look like bashing idiots. Flooding HT with emails and pictures and assurances that its not the sticker and belt and wont go away is really waht needs to be done. I really hoped for more participations on this poll to eventually show to HT, 70 is not bad but not quite the number I was hoping for

dude that's not what he meant. he just said that with all the complaints and criticisms, HT might take the cowardly route and close their FB page. and he said it'd be a shame if they did, cause despite all the issues, HT is still a great toy making company, and FB is also a good way of getting updated without always having to get onto a forum.

i agree with your plan. however, if things get too heated, there is the chance HT might close the account, for many reasons, mainly their brand name and one of their high end products are being tarnished. in spite of the comments being constructive, respectful or calm. anything negative isn't good for a brand name.

its like in china, anything bad happening in china, they censor it so their image can be pristine.

I misunderstood, sorry. But, them shutting down the FB page would give us a response, albeit a bad one. Although it would pretty much seal the deal on how they feel about the whole issue. In either case, we have one of 3 options. 1: we hit the Fb and they actually listen. 2: we don't and they don't do anything 3: we do do something and they don't do anything and keep up with how they are acting now.

The latest two replies from HT:

"For oil problem, we recommend customer to wipe off the oil once leak out to solve the problem. We are now checking and being inspection on it, we will solve the problem as soon as possible. "

"For oily abs - please keep wipe off the oil once leak out to solve the problem, it will get better. "

I am still dealing with them over two other issues and I am sure my emails are going to different ppl all the time as well as them being flooded as I keep having to repeat and resend pictures.

From Hot Toys THIS MORNING.. so they are STILL blaming the sticker..

As I posted earlier:

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning Batman oil problem in abs area, it was caused by the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, please take apart the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, then you can slightly wipe off the oil by tissue or finger. Please try and wipe off the oil once leak out to solve it.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Even if the sticker is the cause, removal and wiping are not the solution, so they need to keep at it.

All I'm saying is, if the Facebook page got as bad as it did after the first batch came out and stayed that way, I would imagine Hot Toys would find the whole thing counter productive.
Am I right in saying you can't even comment on Sideshows page?

I think you can post to Sideshow's wall, there's a spot to do so, I'm not going to post just something to test it, but weird that all the posts seem by them.

I know with my personal page, I can remove things from my wall I don't want there, I would think a business like Hot Toys could do so also.

Just sent another email to Hot Toys, telling them that wiping with your finger is not the solution & the updates on new oil forming at the Arm Kevlar parts.
I really dont know how sincere they are in solving the problem....but this whole communication with generic responses is disappointing.

If they are going to claim that it's because they are not proficient in the English language and we may have misinterpret their solutions given in the email, I'm going to ask them to reply to me in Chinese.

Well my only though if it is tied to the problem is that ever coming into contact with the suit triggers things, but again, that doesn't resolve that taking it off and wiping it away won't end the problem.

Just sent another email to Hot Toys, telling them that wiping with your finger is not the solution & the updates on new oil forming at the Arm Kevlar parts.
I really dont know how sincere they are in solving the problem....but this whole communication with generic responses is disappointing.

If they are going to claim that it's because they are not proficient in the English language and we may have misinterpret their solutions given in the email, I'm going to ask them to reply to me in Chinese.

You should do it! I am just so curiouse if the language is really the barrier

I completely washed the figure and armor and have not put the belt back on and the oil re-appeared. It is not coming from the body, the inside of the armor is completely dry.

However it isn't THAT huge a deal, it really doesn't detract from how the figure looks and I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I have resigned to it and will still display the figure with pride. I don't consider it nearly significant enough to try and return the figure.

They just sent me another bull____ reply.

Hello,

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Please keep wipe off the oil once leak out to solve the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
SA/ Hot Toys

It seems to me that they are not really interested in solving the oil problem. Too many generic responses, there's simply no sense of urgency or sincerity at all.

I guess we can all kiss good bye to any possible solution & just continue to wipe the oil till the end of days.

I completely washed the figure and armor and have not put the belt back on and the oil re-appeared. It is not coming from the body, the inside of the armor is completely dry.

However it isn't THAT huge a deal, it really doesn't detract from how the figure looks and I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. I have resigned to it and will still display the figure with pride. I don't consider it nearly significant enough to try and return the figure.

I commend you sir. But where is the oil coming from? It must therefore be coming from some chemical degradation of the paint or silicone in the chest plate, lets see where we are in July!
:sick

Update on the shiny ab
I will demonstrate how it disappears for a few seconds when I breath hot air on to it
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/iWaYK3dv0IU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/iWaYK3dv0IU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

i've had mine standing for a few days, with a kitchen towel wrapped around the waist area, with elastic bands holding it in place quite tightly. hopefully to try and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. going to leave it like that for a few days and see what happens. in no rush to display, so i'll just keep replacing the towel until nothing else comes out. if it works that is.

Last edited:

Couldn't have said it better myself. To me, its a non issue now. I can live with it.

Back