DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters

This was where mine started seeping upon the second time, across the detailed kevlar plates.

Does anyone hear have a figure that has never leaked or has leaked after a certain period of time here?

Looks like they're all affected.

...and then fully cleared up. Which was a few days ago. For now. I can only go to a day to day basis. For now it remains dry with the belt on. It was originally seeping the first time on the lower plates with the belt on, dried up with the belt off for over 24 hours or so. Nothing under the shoulder pads.

perhaps they dont even know what the problem is and before they start making statments they want to investigate it. all these people bashing hot toys - its not like they deliberatly caused this problem to annoy everyone - give them time and perhaps they will find the solution.

I agree that we shouldn't be bashing Hot Toys over a manufacturing mistake. These things happen. We should however be bashing Hot Toys over the responses or lack of they have given the folk who bought their faulty products. They are not dealing with this clearly and fairly.
:confused:

The biggest issue imo is whether this oil leak will cause any lasting damage. That what HT should be investigating

Couldn't we just slam the facebook account with messages? That's what they seem to be responding on and it worked to get a response for the first batch problems and the IM BD head. I only see like 1 post a day on their page. Can someone work up a formal note and we all just go post it on the main page? It's like a virtual letter writing campaign.

Facebook's been useless, they either don't respond or they reply saying please contact our CS email to assist you.

100_4792.jpg

:( :(

From the build up of oil on that belt, it pretty much shows that it comes from the grey area and not the abs.

Facebook's been useless, they either don't respond or they reply saying please contact our CS email to assist you.

True, but there's a difference between getting one complaint every few days and getting your main fan page flooded with one message and pics a few hundred times. It would at least elicit some sort of response.

True, but there's a difference between getting one complaint every few days and getting your main fan page flooded with one message and pics a few hundred times. It would at least elicit some sort of response.

While I am pretty pissed at Hot Toys at the moment regarding the DX Batman, I would hate to see them close the account on Facebook.

While I am pretty pissed at Hot Toys at the moment regarding the DX Batman, I would hate to see them close the account on Facebook.

well, i think the whole point of making a FB page is to set up a way of communication with the fans.

and communication is exactly what they're getting.

like others have mentioned, they need to man up. if they close the FB account, well, that act alone speaks volumes.

Closing their Facebook account would be a cowardly act. As long as the posts were polite, just persistent, then it's just a matter of owning up to the mistake finally instead of fluffing people off with casual and automated sounding response.

Who said anything about them closing it? All um suggesting is that we flash mob it with a formal post, stating the issues that have been concerned about the toy and their handeling of the problems, what we expect from them, etc. Once we get said response, any response other than what has been given so far, we stop. We don't have to be mean about it and we aren't trying to shut down their page. It's being proactive, rather than posting concerns on a board where everyone already knows the story and is pretty much in agreement on the matter. That does nothing but make us angrier, but we aren't doing anything to actually solve this problem. I've organized stuff like this to send a message to far bigger and wealthier companies, Hot toys is still a small business, they aren't immune to customer backlash, far from it. Again, we aren't trying to harm the company or make them shut down their page or whatever. It's a letter writing campaign that is far bigger, far faster and much more public. If we want them to stop ignoring us, then we need to stop making it so easy for them to do so.

Closing their Facebook account would be a cowardly act. As long as the posts were polite, just persistent, then it's just a matter of owning up to the mistake finally instead of fluffing people off with casual and automated sounding response.

agreed. owning up is something that needs to be done.

and unfortunately, that's all everyone is getting...automated responses. while newer than the previous ones, still automated nonetheless. with no clear solution.

gonna admit it, kinda hurts bashing my fav company.

Keep in mind guys, this week is Chinese New Year, things will be slow this week, it probably won't be until next week before everyone's back to work and real action can be taken on Hot Toys' end.

Who said anything about them closing it? All um suggesting is that we flash mob it with a formal post, stating the issues that have been concerned about the toy and their handeling of the problems, what we expect from them, etc. Once we get said response, any response other than what has been given so far, we stop. We don't have to be mean about it and we aren't trying to shut down their page. It's being proactive, rather than posting concerns on a board where everyone already knows the story and is pretty much in agreement on the matter. That does nothing but make us angrier, but we aren't doing anything to actually solve this problem. I've organized stuff like this to send a message to far bigger and wealthier companies, Hot toys is still a small business, they aren't immune to customer backlash, far from it. Again, we aren't trying to harm the company or make them shut down their page or whatever. It's a letter writing campaign that is far bigger, far faster and much more public. If we want them to stop ignoring us, then we need to stop making it so easy for them to do so.

dude that's not what he meant. he just said that with all the complaints and criticisms, HT might take the cowardly route and close their FB page. and he said it'd be a shame if they did, cause despite all the issues, HT is still a great toy making company, and FB is also a good way of getting updated without always having to get onto a forum.

i agree with your plan. however, if things get too heated, there is the chance HT might close the account, for many reasons, mainly their brand name and one of their high end products are being tarnished. in spite of the comments being constructive, respectful or calm. anything negative isn't good for a brand name.

its like in china, anything bad happening in china, they censor it so their image can be pristine.

Keep in mind guys, this week is Chinese New Year, things will be slow this week, it probably won't be until next week before everyone's back to work and real action can be taken on Hot Toys' end.

Yet they can launch a new figure, adress other figure's issues and re-work a headscuplt.

Back