dx02 Dark knight or RAH Dark knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love both figures, they both have their strong points. The DX is the better figure out of the box.

The thing I hate about my Medi is the crappy ankles though, he can't stand alone any more which really sucks.

Live in the uk and got the last batch of the dx from forbidden planet. Lucky enough to have bought two and both were perfect: no leaky abs at all, not even a hint. As a complete representation of the dark knight, there's no competition dude; it destroys everything else. DX all the way!

Out of curiosity... which one, .com or .co.uk?

Your choice is tougher now that the DX price has gone sky-high. But if purely product focused DX out of the box is the clear winner overall as Medi RAH really shines in only a few department. The real killer is in the end the overall impression out of the box. DX felt like a highend product with flaws but Medi RAH felt and looked like a toy that was surprisingly realistic in some aspects.
I am not a modder myself at all so you could use me as a reference.
DX:
- I modded the neck myself, which is extremely easy and reversible , to rid of that giraff neck look ones you go custom cape.
- oh yes that custom cape is the most important mod and you can just buy one here or make it yourself again rather easy and noninvasive
- in hand it looks amazing
RAH:
- I have no paint skill so I got Elvis to repaint and mod my RAH head for a very reasonable price
- I filled up the suit with lots of cotton to buff him up as otherwise it's a very loose wrinkled suit
- that cape is fine and dandy for action poses but it had to go
- unto this point in hand the figure looks decent already and cost is still at bay.
- these are what would set the cost a lil high if I had to pay for it all over again
- used my abandoned TDK V1 to replace chest, shoulders and arms
- have yet to do it but will redo Carbon decals all across the body ala Vodoun
- after these two mods the figure looks great in hand but spectacular in pictures!
- but if anything repaint the head, replacing the cape and the other minor mods will take it pretty close to realistic feel and away from that toyish look and now the kicker is considering the much higher price of the DX now I would actually think Medi RAH is the way to go

Last edited:
Shipped? I guess there aren't a lot of options anymore and if your LCS really don't have this or is not willing to negotiate down from the MSRP $200? Then this seems to be the way to go. Cotton balls are cheap (or free if you steal from your wife. I actually used cotton squares for bandages) cape I have seen Ilforigno sell for as low as $25 shipped and headsculpt repaint should start at $50 depending who you commission. Oh darn the DX accessories I forgot to mention shiet. :p you need a HT TDK belt at the least and if you care all of the weapons from DX is superior and you can likely find all that on eBay for reasonable price. Damn the price is climbing again if you want it Suped up :( so no one is selling RAH nor DX used here for reasonable prices?

Shipped? I guess there aren't a lot of options anymore and if your LCS really don't have this or is not willing to negotiate down from the MSRP $200? Then this seems to be the way to go. Cotton balls are cheap (or free if you steal from your wife. I actually used cotton squares for bandages) cape I have seen Ilforigno sell for as low as $25 shipped and headsculpt repaint should start at $50 depending who you commission. Oh darn the DX accessories I forgot to mention shiet. :p you need a HT TDK belt at the least and if you care all of the weapons from DX is superior and you can likely find all that on eBay for reasonable price. Damn the price is climbing again if you want it Suped up :( so no one is selling RAH nor DX used here for reasonable prices?

Nope not at all ...saw a dx for $350.00 from Philippines..yikes

hmm ok looks like
DX $350+S/H
vs
Medi $170(RAH)+$70(repaint w est S/H)+$25(Cape)+$45(Belt&weapons +S/H) = $310

hmm ok looks like
DX $350+S/H
vs
Medi $170(RAH)+$70(repaint w est S/H)+$25(Cape)+$45(Belt&weapons +S/H) = $310

I think he had shipping at $40 so now we are close to $400...getting close to batpod and tumbler country.

Also the Medi did not have leaks at all and I could the rest of the stuff one by one.....hmmm food for thought....what do you think .

I posted this before but the reworked Medi head (far right) looks mighty fine
shutup.jpg
l]

Back