Dutch wrist pegs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slipknotpredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whats wrong with Duch wrist pegs? im so ^^^^ing mad...i was gently possing him and one of those wrist pegs broke...

I payed 300 dolars for this figure and HT give us CHEAP wrist pegs. HT Predators never had this problem.

Im sad. Its an easy fix, but it wont be the same.

I hope Hot Toys improves their wrist peg system or at the very least, they start to pack in extra pegs. I have never broken one, but I know it will happen one day.

I hope Hot Toys improves their wrist peg system or at the very least, they start to pack in extra pegs. I have never broken one, but I know it will happen one day.

broken pegs are no problem. it's getting them out of the ^^^^ing arm which is the nightmare...

maybe a thread should be started:"HOT TOYS QC ISSUES".every figure HT releases has one problem or another! just from my own personal (and many others on this forum!) experiences! QC is the only negative thing about HT figures.i only own 9 figures and i think only 2 came without probs! my p1 had no painted numbers on his wrist pad,tdk bats wrist peg probs (they sent me new pegs but it was the hole in the arm that was the issue-too wide for the peg).black paintbrush mark on robocop face,broken accessories in box etc.
with these figures so fragile and detailed-its no surprise certain parts are not as strong as others but i can understand your fraustration because of the prices of these things!- like i said QC is i the only thing i would like HT to improve on! people say im "unlucky" to receive the predator1 figure with unpainted numbers on the wrist pad and they must've just "forgot" to paint in the red digits! you cant "forget" to do that when it costs £140 to buy imo!! the pegs are just weak/fragile-not sure if that counts as a QC issue in HT eyes? but missing paint apps is a QC issue!

Sucks. But make sure you bend with the forearms and not the wrists or they will snap.

This is the truth, muscle bodies are decieving in where the pressure is applied if you bend the arms. If you hold the wrist (which is a normal tendency) you are much more likely to snap it off. I learned that the hard way... ever since then I've had zero issues with the muscular bodies.

Whats wrong with Duch wrist pegs? im so ^^^^ing mad...i was gently possing him and one of those wrist pegs broke...

I payed 300 dolars for this figure and HT give us CHEAP wrist pegs. HT Predators never had this problem.

Im sad. Its an easy fix, but it wont be the same.

For future reference..how did you fix him??::confused:

There are replacement ones you can buy on eBay. I wouldn't glue them as its not a hard part to find, just will cost you a few bucks.

I used super glue... just glued something small (like a nail head) to the broken piece and pulled it out. Took a few tries, but eventually got it to work.

I think some others might have used a dremmel bit to drill it out... but that seems fairly dangerous.

Yeah i know, but how can i take the little piece of peg form dutchs arm?

What I did was drill into the broken plastic wrist stump with a small (1mm or so) drill bit; screw a small wood screw a little bit into the hole so you have something to grab on to.
Then just grab the head of the screw with pliers and pull it out, it takes the broken stump with it.
Best way to remove it without damaging the surrounding arm or rubber skin!

Here's a diagram:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1830328&postcount=3100

the old brake the hand off dutch trick... yep i to found out the hardway too, but i managed to fix the peg and still have full movement and stronger than befor all you need is the right tools its a litttle bit tricky but it works....

I broke the elbow arm peg for my P2 in the same way you described but was easily able to pull out the remain from the arm hole. :horror

I have to say that for the price the quality of the plastic is horrendous. :monkey4

For a £140 figure I would expect the joints to be high quality metal with metal inserts inside the joints (metal on metal) so no crappy plastic parts can break.

I solved my problem by buying a spare arm and I hoped that their new variants would be improved.

Apparently not...:sick

:emperor

I found the pegs in my Dutch were oriented the wrong way, so his wrist moved side to side, not up & down. I think this may be why some people are breaking them.

So, I took them out & spun them around 90 degrees. The range of motion is pretty small with the gloved hands anyway.

I broke the elbow arm peg for my P2 in the same way you described but was easily able to pull out the remain from the arm hole. :horror

I have to say that for the price the quality of the plastic is horrendous. :monkey4

For a £140 figure I would expect the joints to be high quality metal with metal inserts inside the joints (metal on metal) so no crappy plastic parts can break.

I solved my problem by buying a spare arm and I hoped that their new variants would be improved.

Apparently not...:sick

:emperor

All/mostly plastic is pretty standard for 1/6 figures... and honestly I've never had a figure from HT just break. With the exception of the Aliens Warrior which had a lot of QC issues.

Back