Dumping 1/6 for 1/9 ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sticking to 1/6 as well. Not enough selection or accessories in 1/9, while 1/4 is too expensive, even less of a selection than 1/9, and a bit too big for my collection, which includes full scale props/costumes that already take up a lot of room.

Dumping 1/6 for 1/9?

blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif

Really tempted to pick up some of the King Arts figures, honestly. I just wish they were a little easier to get hold of outside of HK.

I've always been a big 1/12 collector, and 1/9 seems like a natural fit between 1/6 and 1/12 for a good mix of articulation, detail and playability.

Of course, it's always possible to collect more than one scale at a time, but for those with limited resources (like me) it's good to be picky. 1/6 all the way.

Of course, it's always possible to collect more than one scale at a time, but for those with limited resources (like me) it's good to be picky. 1/6 all the way.

yeah, i prefer 1/6.. i think the smaller details look better in 1/6.. and hot toys, especially with the iron man armors, have really been killing it with their paint jobs.

Don't mean to collect different scales, coz it's cool crossing streams within the same scale, but it really comes down to who makes the coolest toy at the time I can afford over scale although scale determines heavily on what I prefer...

As a new collector I really thought hard about this and finally decided on 1/6 scale. The community for Hot Toys is established, it's easier to find reviews and discussions.

It is also easier to purchase from Australia locally since no one holds any King Art toys at the moment, if I were to purchase it from eBay, the cost isn't far off from getting a Hot Toys.

Adding to the fact that Hot Toys is without doubt the benchmark for 1/6 scales made the decision easier, if I wanted to start getting into this hobby, might as well start with the best!

I don't have the room or the funds to collect everything I want at 1:6 scale. It's fun to pick up some 1:12 or 1:9 scale figures in between bigger purchases. I definitely plan to pick up some KIng Arts armors at some point. It's also fun to try to get one or two of the best figures from each company.

What I really want are non articulated Iron man figures that comes with the Hall of Armor piece, kind of like power pose except they would be in neutral position displayed inside the HoA base that it comes with. It would make collecting the HPP so much more reasonable IMO especially when it already comes with the HoA piece and at a lower price being non articulated.

---

Nothing against 1:9 scale or King Arts but I don't see this picking up and appealing to the mass and if anything it's just a "hype" and maybe will die down in the future

Back