Dumbest Injury in the World Award (for 2008, thus far)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djklambake

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've screwed up my back and neck several times in my life, but they were all due to something I can at least explain - basketball, moving boxes, hiking (and slipping down a ravine), etc...

We've just moved into a new house. My shelves are all up. I'm placing my Thor vs. Loki diorama up high and...

TWEAK!!

...I pulled my friggin neck!

I'm DYING! Not just b/c the pain is kicking my ass, but because I wanted to finish setting up my space.:banghead

GAH!!

I will refer to this as the Sideshow Incident from now on.

I've screwed up my back and neck several times in my life, but they were all due to something I can at least explain - basketball, moving boxes, hiking (and slipping down a ravine), etc...

We've just moved into a new house. My shelves are all up. I'm placing my Thor vs. Loki diorama up high and...

TWEAK!!

I'm DYING! Not just b/c the pain is kicking my ass, but because I wanted to finish setting up my space.:banghead

GAH!!

I once pulled my back setting down a Gentle Giant Ringwraith bust.:lol:lol:lol It was probably because I was digging up rocks the day before and my back was just waiting to go out.

TWEAK!!

GAH!!

I just went through this last week.. All I was doing was holding the phone to my ear.. I was in so much pain the 1st thrtee days it was unbeliebable...I couldn't even lift my head.. Its a week and a half and I'm still not all the way better.. WTF?..

Last night, I was stretching my legs before running on the treadmill and when I got up my back was aching. I could barely walk.

When this happens it's because your back/neck was already screwed and "hanging by a thread" and something simple sets it off.

I've got you beat, too: One time this happened to me due to sneezing. :google

And a friend of mine once threw out his back (to the point where he had to get an epidural) from sitting on an airplane for 6 hours with his back off balance due to a large wallet. :lol

Spine stuff is scary.

I once pulled my back setting down a Gentle Giant Ringwraith bust.:lol:lol:lol It was probably because I was digging up rocks the day before and my back was just waiting to go out.

This is very true, my chiropractor told me that your back is like a timer eventually it will go out but not nessecarily from something you did at that moment. It may have been from something you did a week ago, weird!

Frigin backs, mines useless!

The only time I really go to the doctor, other than normal annual physicals, is when I pull my back, which I do about 2-3X a year. Exercising and buidling up the support muscles can help a lot.

Don't know if I should share this, but... I twisted my back/neck on a plane. Unfortunately, it was one of those time where I had to GO, couldn't wait till landing, and twisting to reach toilet paper in that tiny airplane stall did it for me. By the time I landed, I could hardly walk. Had to ask for help getting my bag to baggage claim.

I've done it so bad to where I get a sensation like I have to pee all the time, it's constant pressure on the bladder.

Beer and soma's help ease the muscles.

Sorry about you guyses body pains, if it makes you feel any better, i lay carpet for living. My body hurts all the time.:monkey2 and i'm only 28:horror

Ive seen what my dads backs like from 25 years in the army and then my friends complain when i tell them there not lifting with there legs.
My dad says that going of walks really help once you can actually walk again.

Ive seen what my dads backs like from 25 years in the army and then my friends complain when i tell them there not lifting with there legs.
My dad says that going of walks really help once you can actually walk again.

:clap:clap Lift with the legs is what my dad is always saying. To bad he has 4 collapsed disks in this back, needs shoulder surgery, and needs wrist surgery from swinging a hammer for 30 years, i kinda feel guilty complaining around him.:lol:monkey2

12 years as a Marine. Force marches, Hand to hand combat training, runs, and all the other things that make the job great lead to a 30 year old feeling like he is 50 some days. I feel your pain gentlemen.

yup i second this

And to add to the thread, i punched myself in the face playing the air guitar early in the year and broke my nose lol. then almost fell off the top of a house. it was funny as hell.

And to add to the thread, i punched myself in the face playing the air guitar early in the year and broke my nose lol. then almost fell off the top of a house. it was funny as hell.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

now that's funny!!! :stooge

I tweaked my back lifting my Hulk PF box when I first got it, my grip slipped and I had to bend my back to reposition and I felt the twinge immediately. Son of a ^^^^^ it hurt for like two weeks! Well at least I can say it was 'cause that bastard is big and heavy. :D

Back