Dullcoat Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pzrwest

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Can one spray a Medicom Phase 2 clonetrooper figure with Testors dullcoat? I would like to drybrush some weathering on the figure but stock figure is too smooth. Also will regular enamel paint be compatable with the Medicom plastic used.... Thank you in advance.... Harold

I don't see why not but I imagine it'll also impact the gloss on the visor. I've never held a medicom clone so i don't know how different the paint is from say sideshow's.. But i would assume that much. You could also maybe take a very fine sanding stick or scotch brite pad to take off some of the shine

I would use liquid masker to cover the black visor before using the dullcoat. I have some 800 and 1200 grit wetpaper it might nock the shine down

Go to hobbylinc.com and type testors dullcote. They have it in brushable form too.

So for adding rank to the Medicom phase1 clones would be best to use an acrylic paint like Tamiya paints

Thanks spiderrogue next time I go to the big city will drop in to a hobby shop I deal with and se what he has in Tamiya acrylic paints

spiderrouge by model master are you referring to the Testors Model Masters paints?

Next question is I picked up a SSC Clone Trooper Deluxe Shiny, what unit would these clone troopers belong to. This a real nice figure and I think I might hit it with Testor's Dull Coat unless that would change the unit designation.... Thank you again in advance

A "Shiny" is just a clone that is fresh off Kamino that hasn't really seen action. Came from the Clone Wars, it's another term for a rookie clone.

Back