Duel of fates Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will easily be a piece that within some reason, will boil down to the collector value outweighing the price tag, unless it's insane, I'm getting this, I'm already spinning around items to cancel just to accommodate it.

Right. If it comes in at an insane price I'll have to skip or see about the flex pay payments.

I just want Maul and Obi-Wan posed that way, they could take license and just add Qui-Gon no sweat.

Now that my Maul collection will have it's final piece, the 1/6 line needs to round out the DOTF lineupe, c'mon TPM Obi-Wan in 2008.

I'd be ok if they did that. I'd just prefer Qui-Gon alive.

Yes, even though I'll have a custom one in my collection I want a TPM SS Obi-Wan.

I'd be ok if they did that. I'd just prefer Qui-Gon alive.

Yes, even though I'll have a custom one in my collection I want a TPM SS Obi-Wan.

Ya, I don't WANT a dead Qui-Gon, I want all 3 sabers clashing in combat, I just emphasized that moment for Obi and Maul, they both look very strong and determined to win in that still and the flare on Maul's robes and the snarling even grin he has, it was one of the first publicity stills, I remember getting SW Insider, seeing it and really falling for the character look, before seeing the movie. If I could get a super hi-res copy of it I'd have it as a poster.

Yeah, that moment does show the power in those two characters (especially in that moment.) I just want something that shows everyone I guess.

I thought of a few images I have roughly that moment, but they all seem a little off balance, definitely want them all to look powerful, as they were, captures the feel and adds that it was a duel of fates, good and evil fighting to survive against seemingly insurmountable odds.

Right I want them as powerful as possible no doubt. I just have that auto and thought it would make for a good example. I actually prefer the two shots you showed earlier.

Something based off this would be good too.

dotf4.jpg

Just modify Obi-Wan so rather than coming down from a jump, be firm on his feet, and have Qui-Gon a little more upright and his saber also clashing with Maul's.

This could still be in the $300-$350 range. The Aragorn diorama came with 3 characters and it was $300. Anakin vs. Obi was the same price for only 2 characters, but their base was enormous. The base on this one could likely be similar to Yoda vs. Dooku.

Ep. I: Duel of the Fates
Ep. II: Yoda VS. Dooku
Ep. III: Anakin VS. Obi-Wan
Ep. IV: Obi-Wan VS. Vader
Ep. V: Luke VS. Vader
Ep. VI: Luke VS. Vader w/ Palpatine

That would be a nice set of dioramas, each representing the iconic lightsaber duels of the entire saga.

This could still be in the $300-$350 range. The Aragorn diorama came with 3 characters and it was $300. Anakin vs. Obi was the same price for only 2 characters, but their base was enormous. The base on this one could likely be similar to Yoda vs. Dooku.

It could stay in that range, but I'd rather pay more and get more environment included with them.

That would be a nice set of dioramas, each representing the iconic lightsaber duels of the entire saga.

I like that idea, expensive, but nice.

However, the more I think of it, the less I want Palpatine in a ROTJ duel dio. I'd rather Vader and Luke clashing in front of the window as the come out from under the platform for the final moments of dueling where Luke just goes nuts, then have a nother dio with Vader, Palpatine and Luke with Palpatine shocking Luke with Lightning and Vader onlooking, I bet SSC could paint some great reflected lighting look on the Vader and Palpatine would look quite evil.

Count me in for all those.

Jeez Tom, you've almost single handedly convinced me I need to get the Obi-Wan and Anakin dio...

From the podcast it does sound like all 3 will be involved, as opposed to dead QG and Obi Wan on his own. Should be an impressive piece.

Awecore! Awecore! Awecore! :joy :joy :joy :monkey1

This was the piece I was waiting for! And I have no fear that Trevor will find the most amazing pose for all three of them -- neither of the previous ones looked like a frame grab from the movie, yet they both captured exactly the character and the dynamic that was required.

Also, since the first diorama was right there at the top of the pricing scale for this line (as per the initial announcement), Sideshow will probably forego a vastly elaborate base and concentrate on the characters, to keep the cost feasible.

Oh, the flagship line sails full-mast. May it sail long and boldly. :clap

This is really going to be an awesome dio. The versus line is really going to be awesome. They need to get into the OT soon though.

Back