Ducktales Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This prompted me to lookup the prices for vintage NES ducktales games... I was shocked to find my copy of Ducktales 2 is now worth about $150! :yess:

I am so pumped for this, I played the heck out of the original this weekend. Judging by what I'm reading in reviews today, it sounds like the pogo stick is still very unforgiving near edges. That keeps the game true to original but will probably turn new gamers off.

edit: And by "new gamers", I mean "Anybody who started playing video games after me." :monkey1

sounds like the only complaint the reviewer had was that they didn't change the gameplay enough......that's a plus in my book.

sounds like the only complaint the reviewer had was that they didn't change the gameplay enough......that's a plus as far as I'm concerned.

sounds like the only complaint the reviewer had was that they didn't change the gameplay enough......that's a bus as far as I'm concerned.

sounds like the only complaint the reviewer had was that they didn't change the gameplay enough......that's a plus in my book.

Well if dying at the boss, then having to replay the whole level is a plus in your book, it's not in mine.

I can see the concerns he has.

I Am worried this game is all about bouncing around, being repetitive, and if you die, having to start the whole level over.
I Can see how this can take the fun factor way down.

Well if dying at the boss, then having to replay the whole level is a plus in your book, it's not in mine.

I can see the concerns he has.

I Am worried this game is all about bouncing around, being repetitive, and if you die, having to start the whole level over.
I Can see how this can take the fun factor way down.

I command you to turn in your Sith badge! :wave

It's for nostalgia and I'll enjoy it for that. Plenty of other games that are more modern and complex with save points. You're right though if that isn't your thing or you didn't play these back in the day then it would be repetitive and frustrating.

I'll just relive the feeling of wanting to break my controller, although I don't remember the levels being monsters like games today so getting back to the boss would be like 10-15 minutes.

I command you to turn in your Sith badge! :wave

It's for nostalgia and I'll enjoy it for that. Plenty of other games that are more modern and complex with save points. You're right though if that isn't your thing or you didn't play these back in the day then it would be repetitive and frustrating.

I'll just relive the feeling of wanting to break my controller, although I don't remember the levels being monsters like games today so getting back to the boss would be like 10-15 minutes.

What doesn't sound cool and nostalgic is that the story bits are constant and intrusive. Also if you replay a level, you need to watch the story bits again. They can be skipped, but you have to go through a menu to do it.

What doesn't sound cool and nostalgic is that the story bits are constant and intrusive. Also if you replay a level, you need to watch the story bits again. They can be skipped, but you have to go through a menu to do it.

I concur. We're not playing for the story.

Got it already. PS3 download.

Loving it! Having fun.
Feels like I'm just controlling episodes of the show. lol

Powering through the levels. Some tough timing spots for sure.
And some old school difficulty that pisses you off lol

Just finished it. Pretty good. Really nice looking. Need to go through a few more times to buy all the stuff for sale.

Back