DreamEX 1/6 TNMT Shredder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot!! Just got my Shredder today.

While his skin tone may be on the...err...light side compared to the promo pics and his hands lack some detail, this is bar-none the best Shredder figure ever and one of the best figures I own. Bring on the Turtles, I'm ready.

Will these Turtles be available in overseas markets or just the USA like the NECA Turtles?

I believe the overseas market is the primary market. Also, call it conjecture, but you can thank Playmates for that. They have a stranglehold on TMNT figures, but their reach doesn't go beyond the states. Trade shows and olnile stores seem to be safe from this too.

I believe the overseas market is the primary market. Also, call it conjecture, but you can thank Playmates for that. They have a stranglehold on TMNT figures, but their reach doesn't go beyond the states. Trade shows and olnile stores seem to be safe from this too.

I like your assumption but in the case very likely it's not true.
A lot of companies prefer to just do business within their comfort zone to start with. In this case just in China or Great China Area(Including Tai Wan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc) If it's a success or there's demand in other countries then they can negotiate to expand their license. It's a bit cheaper that way so they don't have to pay a lot of money at the beginning but can start selling their goods.
Besides, I don't think Playmates have the rights to 1:6 scale mix media products or metal/die cast. They don't have the rights to everything TMNT related.

Will these Turtles be available in overseas markets or just the USA like the NECA Turtles?
So far just available in China but there are companies importing them.
Check Ebay, Aliexpress or TaoBao if you know friends that can read Chinese.

I like your assumption but in the case very likely it's not true.
A lot of companies prefer to just do business within their comfort zone to start with. In this case just in China or Great China Area(Including Tai Wan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc) If it's a success or there's demand in other countries then they can negotiate to expand their license. It's a bit cheaper that way so they don't have to pay a lot of money at the beginning but can start selling their goods.
Besides, I don't think Playmates have the rights to 1:6 scale mix media products or metal/die cast. They don't have the rights to everything TMNT related.
Apologies. I guess I'm a still a bit jaded over that whole diebacle with the NECA Turtles figures from back then and how that played out.

Anyway...I must admit, the more I look at this figure, the more I fall in love with it. They really nailed the look of Shredder. It may sound crazy, but it looks like someone cast Mirage Shredder for the 87 cartoon with the costume designer straight from Marvel (post Winter Soldier). My only issue so far is the cape. The material is too light and the wires, while making it poseable, seem to get in the way. It also has a collar, which is baller as hell, but overall, I'd rather have a basic cape with a weightier material than the current one.

Overall, it's just a great figure.

Received my Shredder today, thanks DreamEX team! it's awesome in hands

C1pKztf.jpg

He is so cool,
And inspired by issue 2 of s recent comic release...

Well, Harley always had a soft spot for purple !!

Apologies. I guess I'm a still a bit jaded over that whole diebacle with the NECA Turtles figures from back then and how that played out.

Anyway...I must admit, the more I look at this figure, the more I fall in love with it. They really nailed the look of Shredder. It may sound crazy, but it looks like someone cast Mirage Shredder for the 87 cartoon with the costume designer straight from Marvel (post Winter Soldier). My only issue so far is the cape. The material is too light and the wires, while making it poseable, seem to get in the way. It also has a collar, which is baller as hell, but overall, I'd rather have a basic cape with a weightier material than the current one.

Overall, it's just a great figure.

I really like this figure as well. Don't have the cash for him right now but when I do I'll be picking him up along with Casey Jones.

I guess now looking back at the 80s toon, Shredder is pretty close to the comics sans the cape and the purple instead of red. It's just that the toon usually have him being goofy and less ninja master like.

This is going to be one of those figures that will sell out everyone and be in high demand on the secondary market. Just feels like it's going to go that way. If anyone really wants him, I'd say get him now.

Agreed. He's s brilliant figure as is.
He comes out of the box just as you'd want him to be.

Back