DreamEx 1/6 Ninja Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and Leatherhead,Ace Duck,Baxter Stockman...

And April :lol

Seriously though, I hope this line goes strong enough to consider characters outside of the '87 series. Karai, Fugitoid, Zog...hell, I'd throw Bishop in there for the hell of it.

The toe articulation is a nice touch but also glad they are not overtly articulated as to make it harder to pose. And I know I have said this before but love how beefy these guys look - they actually look big enough to throw down in a fight but not roided out huge like say the Bay turtle design. Crossfit turtle design I guess would be the term :rotfl

Looks like I will be asking for more overtime to get these guys :lol

and Leatherhead,Ace Duck,Baxter Stockman...

Leatherhead and Baxter would be interesting to see how they approach it. A Fly Baxter with translucent wings and crystal like eyes would be terrific, and if he also came with a stand so he could be in a flying pose.

And April :lol

Seriously though, I hope this line goes strong enough to consider characters outside of the '87 series. Karai, Fugitoid, Zog...hell, I'd throw Bishop in there for the hell of it.

April I could see them doing a bit further down but def not towards the end of the lines run. She is still a big character and will be made I think more that some of the other secondary characters. Karai too would be interesting.

They all look great. And reviews for the released figures have overall been positive. The struggle is real in regards to waiting for someone to do 1/6 of the movie turtles, or buy these. If they do release Krang with android body, I may have to get that and then of course would need Shredder.

What I like about them is they remind me of the 200x He Man designs in that they are still remind me of the original cartoon designs from before, but they have added enough anime or modern design cues to make them stand out on their own.

As for Krang though I love his design for this line and hope he is not going to be too expensive. Curious though to see what accessories he would be coming with.

I received my set of Leo and Raph from lunartoystore.com today and am really happy with the quality of these. Bang for your buck it's hard to find a better value at this scale (I paid 160 for one and 170 for the other because they upped the preorder cost shortly before release). They don't match the pain work level you see with the big boys of the scale (or even Threezero and their movie turtle effort) but what's there is clean and does the job well. The sculpts are great and the articulation is pretty solid with no floppy or stuck joints (the toes are a bit unnecessary and a tad looser than I'd like but are not an issue). Also, I had no idea the weapons were metal which is a big value add for me - it's that extra touch that helps them feel like serious love went into these and helps them feel even more of a bargain. I'll absolutely be buying the other two turtles for sure now. Also not sure why some people aren't digging the design - to me they look a lot like how they looked in the later Mirage stuff and similar to the 2002 cartoon (that I totally didn't watch but heard was good). So I have no issue with the visual aesthetic.
b25abd2bb7013cc7e5b674b69f00a188.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The toe articulation is a nice touch but also glad they are not overtly articulated as to make it harder to pose. And I know I have said this before but love how beefy these guys look - they actually look big enough to throw down in a fight but not roided out huge like say the Bay turtle design. Crossfit turtle design I guess would be the term :rotfl

Looks like I will be asking for more overtime to get these guys :lol

Yes. Muscular tough TMNT. Good size. Not like NFL Linebacker size of Bay films

I received my set of Leo and Raph from lunartoystore.com today and am really happy with the quality of these. Bang for your buck it's hard to find a better value at this scale (I paid 160 for one and 170 for the other because they upped the preorder cost shortly before release). They don't match the pain work level you see with the big boys of the scale (or even Threezero and their movie turtle effort) but what's there is clean and does the job well. The sculpts are great and the articulation is pretty solid with no floppy or stuck joints (the toes are a bit unnecessary and a tad looser than I'd like but are not an issue). Also, I had no idea the weapons were metal which is a big value add for me - it's that extra touch that helps them feel like serious love went into these and helps them feel even more of a bargain. I'll absolutely be buying the other two turtles for sure now. Also not sure why some people aren't digging the design - to me they look a lot like how they looked in the later Mirage stuff and similar to the 2002 cartoon (that I totally didn't watch but heard was good). So I have no issue with the visual aesthetic.
b25abd2bb7013cc7e5b674b69f00a188.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think some people don't dig the design because is not set on a specific incarnation. Some fans love a specific version of Turtles, whether it's Mirage, '87 or the 1st movie. Personally, I find not being based on a specific interpretation a good thing. Not only does it allow for more creativity, but the possibility to explore a far greater range of characters, should DreamEX choose to go that route.

These look amazing. I have been on the hunt for Turtle pieces worth my hard earned (couldn't even type that without smirking, as if I work "hard"..) and these fill the role nicely.

Where is the best place to get these in the UK with out having my never regions used aggressively by said supplier of wonderful toys?

I think some people don't dig the design because is not set on a specific incarnation. Some fans love a specific version of Turtles, whether it's Mirage, '87 or the 1st movie. Personally, I find not being based on a specific interpretation a good thing. Not only does it allow for more creativity, but the possibility to explore a far greater range of characters, should DreamEX choose to go that route.

Pretty much my thinking. I think the Turtles and Casey/Shredder came out great, just not the orginal comic look that I prefer.

Just got leo and raph
All i can say is woooow
The arms joints r very stuff tho and wont move
Should i use a Hairdryer?

Mike and Don are up for preorder on Lunar! $170 like Leo and Raph, though, but still the best price.

I was so excited about these Turtles. Bought Shredder and Casey and the more I see of the Turtles the more I realize they are just truly awful. The front of the shell looks painted on and the texture on the good heads doesn't match the body. I'm not sure what I'll do about Turtles to go with my other two. I guess the Mondo ones are an option.

Back