Dreamcast Reborn on XBLA & PSN.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Dreamcast To Be Reborn on XBLA
Written Thursday, June 10, 2010 By Richard Walker

Rising like the proverbial phoenix from the flames, SEGA's ill-fated, but awesome, ahead-of-its-time Dreamcast is set to make a comeback via digital downloads on the Xbox Live Arcade, starting with Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.

As you'd expect, the plan is to retain the classic gameplay that made the games so popular in the first place, while adding enhanced visuals, surround sound, online leaderboards and of course, brand new achievements.

"There are few things that are more requested from us than making Dreamcast classics available for download in today’s digital market place. We’re very excited to begin offering gamers our beloved Dreamcast titles again on the current console systems," said Haruki Satomi, VP of Digital Business at SEGA of America and SEGA Europe.

Sonic Adventure will be the very first Dreamcast title to make the jump to XBLA in autumn 2010 and will be on display at E3.

https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-5380-Dreamcast-To-Be-Reborn-on-XBLA.html

Hopefully they will bring Shenmu with them.

Re: Dreamcast Reborn on XBLA.

Dreamcast was easily one of the best systems of all time. Too bad Sega just pulled the plug.

I could see buying Crazy Taxi and Sanfransico Rush 2020 again.

Bring on the Power Stone and Hyyyydrooooo THuuunnnnderrrrr!

definitely one of the few console that was a head of its time.

Virtua Tennis was already awesome at that time & ahead of the pack in racket-sport games, thanks to Dreamcast! :)

Yes! :yess:

Now I won't have to break out my Dreamcast and my giant library of DC games whenever I want to play.

However I don't like the idea of buying the games all over again (I have like, 100+ Dreamcast games).

Yes! :yess:

Now I won't have to break out my Dreamcast and my giant library of DC games whenever I want to play.

However I don't like the idea of buying the games all over again (I have like, 100+ Dreamcast games).

I have a huge number too. All the good fighting games were on DC!

So is this 360 exclusive?

From what I just read on Kotaku, it's for both XBL and PSN.

This means I'll have to choose which console I want to start downloading these games on. I think the Xbox 360 is has the closer spiritual connection, it's more the successor of the Dreamcast legacy than either of the other current consoles, so I might just want to stick with that.

EDIT: I just realized the name of this thread is inaccurate. Should be edited to include PSN.

Last edited:
Back