Dragon's Dogma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's everyone enjoying this now? Really digging it. Aside from the pretty annoying screen tear and extreme amt of objects that just poof in and out of existence mere yards from the character, pretty much thinking this one is in my top 20 right now

Looks like my Pawn is getting some decent playtime...............

Having to get used to the fact that exploration is a real part of this game. If you have a mission and haven't explored the right area, game aint telling you where to go!

I like it too. It's got some issues, but it's mostly a lot of fun. I decided to change vocation to a magick archer. Still learning how to play as one though. Overall, I think it's a great game. It can be frustrating to get destroyed by some random bandit and I've been spoiled by games like Skyrim where you can fast travel and wait any time you want, but the combat is a lot of fun and I like the whole pawn system thing.

The lack of a real fast travel is throwing me off too - there is some stone that can be found, that will take you back to the main castle area, but its a one use only kinda item

I've spent hours just roaming, which I enjoy personally

Finally found the main entrance to the Catacombs; holy hell, its got some serious diversity of damned!

Last edited:
The lack of a real fast travel is throwing me off too - there is some stone that can be found, that will take you back to the main castle area, but its a one use only kinda item

I've spent hours just roaming, which I enjoy personally

Finally found the main entrance to the Catacombs; holy hell, its got some serious diversity of damned!

Haven't heard about the stone. I know there's the coin you can use in boats..also one use only. BS. I found the Catacombs entrance, but it was surrounded by a ton of bandits and a troll or two. Barely made it out of there alive.

Forget what the stone is called, but there one will regenerate from time to time in the little Portstone cemetery area - just outside the Pawn Guild - the area is marked on the map in Gran Soren

Spent a lot of time hunting for Everfall, when the entrance ended up being at the Pawn Headquarters.....went up and down the map thinking it was literally a waterfall type area! Woops...only good part is that I am a level 31 character, and kicking serious ass now! I hunt at night without serious worry at this point!

Last edited:
Why are people not talking about this more! Lol I guess everyone is just playing so much, haven't been this immersed in a game in a good while

Why are people not talking about this more! Lol I guess everyone is just playing so much, haven't been this immersed in a game in a good while

Yeah, it's a really good game despite its many annoying bits. I don't know if we have a bunch of rpg'ers on the board. That's the only reason I can think of.

Yeah, thread has been quiet...finished my inital game today, I dug it - last mission got a little 'out there' but not a shocker with a JRPG. Started a NG+ game, and did a total overhaul on my Pawn's look...got tired of the Emperor robe action

Only thing that got old: all the backtracking on the map....aside from that, blown away by the awesome action, cool monsters, and overall decent graphics....!

Glad I got this one. Bonus armor on a NG+ game is awesome, imo

The game is selling extremely well in Japan, so we'll get a sequel I imagine.
Looks like the Japanese love western style RPGs only if Asian game developers make them...:monkey3

How many hours did you put in?

I skipped a lot of the 'kill 25 spiders' type quests, but with the main story, took me about 52 hours

I started a NG+ game, and immediately bought five Portstones, and have placed them all around the map, so the days of me having to backtrack are over...(first playthrough you only get one, at least I did)

There are cool differences with NG+ games, I went to the shore which you start with the little village and theres a purple Riftstones, so I am current at the last level of the game and only 5 hours in my new.....pretty cool little changes....

Yeah, thread has been quiet...finished my inital game today, I dug it - last mission got a little 'out there' but not a shocker with a JRPG. Started a NG+ game, and did a total overhaul on my Pawn's look...got tired of the Emperor robe action

Only thing that got old: all the backtracking on the map....aside from that, blown away by the awesome action, cool monsters, and overall decent graphics....!

Glad I got this one. Bonus armor on a NG+ game is awesome, imo

I finished it today as well. I have to say, one thing I loved was that with the whole build-up to you facing off with the dragon, the way the rest of the game unfolds really surprised me. I wasn't expecting it to actually go the way it did and offer so much to do afterwards.

I'm starting an NG+ as soon as the fiancee goes to sleep to spare myself the stinkeye.

Glad to hear you all enjoying it, when your women permit, of course! Pretty far into the Ng+

Took a break today to watch Aliens on blu, but there are lots of little changes I dig.

Ordered this from Amazon the other day, should be here tomorrow or Friday. Wasn't majorly impressed by the demo (far too short) but I did enjoy what was there of it enough to base a judgement. I loved Demon's/Dark Souls and Skyrim so hopefully I'll like this too.

Back