Dragon's Dogma

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
New Capcom game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf9SjtrXXT0 - debut trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPuOcOFIJJ4 - Hydra battle gameplay

(I'd embed these but it seems like embedding isn't working :dunno)

Dragon's Dogma® is an exciting new franchise which redefines the action genre from the team that produced some of Capcom's greatest action games. Set in a huge open world, Dragon's Dogma offers an exhilarating and fulfilling action combat game with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. Alongside your party of three, you set out to track down and destroy a mysterious dragon. Your teammates fight independently of you, demonstrating prowess and ability they have developed based on traits learned over time from you and your actions. Dragon's Dogma offers a near endless opportunity to help develop partner characters to fight alongside you. With an epic story and incredible action, Dragon's Dogma is set to be one of Capcom's newest hit franchises.

Looks great so far! I've haven't heard about it until now. It's great to find out about a cool new game with just two months or so until release. :yess:

Downloaded and played the demo; comes in at 1.5 gig, but the demo is relatively small. You get to play two areas, both are large looking, but pretty contained. Which is fine...they've made it clear actual game is large

Overall, Pretty darn good. Demo is rough around the edges, and with with a total of 4 characters working toward the goal of monster asskicking, it took me a few moments to get a gripe on this world. Controls seem pretty intuitive- it'll take a little getting used to of holding down the RT or LT bumber and also button mashing, but man! You get a lot of options.

I decided to create my characters first, yet first level is some other character; second with Griffin I played as my character. I am glad to see that a lot of the icons on screen can be disabled, so that will eliminate some screen clutter....

Overall, stoked about this one, and keeping my preorder!

Do wish this one had a co-op system for buddies to play with you at your side; pawn sharing seems 'ok,' but will wait for final product to judge that aspect. I got spoiled with Dark Souls/Demon Souls online world invading a bit, but those were essential single player too, to a degree

Last edited:
And I am blind, but not only is there a customization section for faces, its SERIOUS. I must have not see drop down somehow...lord..post....

Since I missed that, I clearly must have missed the option to choose my class.......I am gonna have to replay the demo now....LOL

Back