Dracula's Coffin Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the lid looks great. Heaps better than mine. Dracula really needs a casket though. Haven't got around to staining it yet. Made a box for Nosferatu as well.

those are very cool pictures of coffins. Creecher where did you get that 1:6 skeleton?

Airfix 1/6 scale skeleton. Comes with some glow in the dark paint. They haven't changed this plastic model in decades. It's quite cheap, around $10. You have to glue it together, which makes it great for dioramas, where you might want parts of bodies, or assorted bones. Comes with a black plastic base, with a single wire stand which protrudes over its head. A wire loop, placed in a small hole in the skull, is where it hangs off. Sorry about the small pic.

Last edited:
Sorry 'bout that. Can't think of everything. I wouldn't put it past peeps buying it out from under you Great Ape, so I probably shouldn't be posting links. It's readily available over here, not that it helps youse over there. I'm sure if you search around you'll find it. Just check out your local model shops. No need for a mad rush, as I said, this has been the exact same Airfix model that has been around, literally for decades. Go to your local and have them order it in.

Sorry 'bout that. Can't think of everything. I wouldn't put it past peeps buying it out from under you Great Ape, so I probably shouldn't be posting links. It's readily available over here, not that it helps youse over there. I'm sure if you search around you'll find it. Just check out your local model shops. No need for a mad rush, as I said, this has been the exact same Airfix model that has been around, literally for decades. Go to your local and have them order it in.

No biggie! I'm sure I can track one down somewhere. I might even have one of these back at my Mom's house in KY from my childhood... it seems really familiar.

Thanks Chreech, I was going to tell you that it was out of stock, Thanks for looking!

Unfortunately I was unable to find the material to line the coffin in white.

I was able to find suitable material but it is a dark burgandy so I have begun the process of lining the box with this material. Here is a repeat photo of progress thus far.

I will post shots in the near future, once the crypt is lined.

I wish I had the time to construct more Galactiboy.

It's really not a difficult build. It's all balsa wood so there are no tools but an exacto knife and some sandpaper along with wood glue.

There is a shot earlier in this thread with the exact dimensions, if you are so inclined to give it a try!

Nice work. I may have to try one of these.

A few more questions though....

What are the angles?
Any WIP pics of the lid? Showing the parts laid out before assembly?
Where did you get the hardware?

Thanks in advance!

But I'm so lazy... :lol

I remember the dimensions being posted earlier... may have to give it a shot. A 1/6 coffin would just be too cool :rock

Darth Rage...

I'm not sure I can help with the angles. I kind of worked them out by useing cardboard and masking tape. Once I got the correct look I used the cardboard as templates to cut the balsa wood.

I got the hardware from the craft section of a Pearl Paint store. The handles are pulls for jewelry box drawers. The hinges are also hinges for jewelry boxes.

I've posted all the shots I took and they are all the work in progress shots I have.

I hope this helps!

Hot damn!!! That is one sweet coffin!!! Very nice work - you put a lot of attention into the details and it looks spectacular!!! :rock

Thanks Jen...

Stay tuned, I'm about 1/3 finished lineing. It is really begining to come together.

Pictures will be posted soon!

Hey Jungle Jom...

Its too bad you couldn't find the fabric you were looking for in the right color. Definitely stoked about seeing your finished coffin though.

- Kevin (formerly ISewDollyClothes)

Back