Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure, no one's posted pics of their haul since it was put back up on their site. well, before it was taken down again anyway.

So having more problems with the right arm (AGAIN!). When I first got the statue, the right arm fell out before I'd even finished putting it together. Fell and broke, but Sideshow did replace it right away. So I used some museum putty on the arm sockets to help keep it secure. But then the magnet on the arm actually came out of the arm about 6 months ago, fortunately I had my hand on it and was able to catch it before it fell and broke that time. It was a bit*h getting the magnet out where it was connected on the torso, but once I did I fiddled with it and then used some superglue to put the arm magnet back in. The left arm has been solid since using museum putty to stabilize it. I haven't had any problems with the magnets on the mask.

Just over a year later, it's been fine, but then same right arm came crashing down today. Nothing was touching it, not even an earthquake to blame. It may have been that the heat (really hot here today) loosened up the museum putty, but the magnet in the torso side of the arm came out this time. I'm hoping I'll still be able to get a replacement arm from Sideshow.

I love the statue, it's beautiful, but I really don't like having to worry about the arms falling off.

The same thing happened to me. Sideshow wouldn't replace it.

Did the magnet come out of the torso side like mine did? I actually had the magnet come out of the arm side, but caught and fixed that one without damage.

I will take legal action if Sideshow doesn't fix it. This is clearly either a design or manufacturing flaw. Sadly, if you're in Australia you may not have as many legal opportunities for remedy than what we have here. But surely they should make a good faith effort to make it right.

Did the magnet come out of the torso side like mine did? I actually had the magnet come out of the arm side, but caught and fixed that one without damage.

I will take legal action if Sideshow doesn't fix it. This is clearly either a design or manufacturing flaw. Sadly, if you're in Australia you may not have as many legal opportunities for remedy than what we have here. But surely they should make a good faith effort to make it right.

I got told there was no replacement stock. Not much I can do.

This was my first ever SSC purchase since the piece just looks absolutely amazing, however as I'm sure everyone has heard there were a few issues with the magnets etc.

Personally the magnet on the base of the head sculpt completely fell out (was no longer attached to the head), contacted SSC (this was when I just received the statue) and they sent me epoxy to essentially glue the magnet back onto the head sculpt.

Then the right arm one day decided to fall off (the magnet that is actually part of the body piece came out, similar to the head sculpt), again another magnet issue. I think it was one of two things, the magnet used was really weak as the arm is fairly heavy and given the way the arm goes in it actually isn't difficult for it to just fall out (not sure why they didn't design it better with the socket going at a certain angle so that it couldn't just slide off and fall like it's currently designed. SSC thankfully did send me a new arm where the magnet is in properly and the magnet seems stronger.

Given the price tag on this thing I wasn't happy to say the least but as a lot of people have said, this thing just looks way too nice to give up on. Not sure how stock etc is now but when I received it I guess it was still considered new so they had replacement parts but not sure about now..

Side note, I am so paranoid of the slightest breeze being able to make something fall off again I built my "Doombox" and placed it in the office where no one can go into! Again given the price I hate that there are so many precautions required but what can you do when you fall in love with a statue..

One arm fell off mine because of a weak magnet. I made sideshow send me a replacement and they were nice enough to do it.

BTW if you are looking to get one it's on ebay jodans318 seller. The magnets are strong on it.

One arm fell off mine because of a weak magnet. I made sideshow send me a replacement and they were nice enough to do it.

BTW if you are looking to get one it's on ebay jodans318 seller. The magnets are strong on it.

You're selling?

Magnets were a poor choice on this both arms should of been pegged.

Agreed, or they should have angled the inserts of the arms / magnets so in the event the magnets are weak the arm wouldn't just slide out it would at least still be lodged into the body piece. But leave it to the experts at SSC to heavy weight distribution, leaning issues (Wolverine LSF), QC issues (Maroon Ironman) on their most expensive statues.

Or they could have just keep them undetachable - less pieces to worry about. I realize shipping would have been a whole lot more, but still. It's better than arms falling off. :lol

Back