Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get mine tomorrow. I can assure people I will be very nit picky with this one, so I will be very honest with my report.

Well, got everything unpacked today. I'll try not to drag this out too much. Overall, completely disappointed.
Pros:
- Sculpt
-Cloth material looks quality

Cons:
-Paint makes the piece look cheap to me. I also have Sauron which many ppl complained about, but because of the size of this piece, this one stands out so much more.
-Base was dirty
-Left arm magnet seemed weak (I think it will be the same for everyone), just seems like the way it is. Not sure if it's a real problem or not.
-Only half the rivets were painted (looking at others, that seems like that will be a problem for everyone)
-The head magnet got ripped right out of it when trying to place it on the torso.
-Now I get the part about the head feeling like plastic, it defn is NOT plastic, but it is so light and the dull silver makes it seem this way.
-No velvet like packing material.

This could have been a killer piece, I honestly think SS should end the LSF line. Even though I got this piece for $1700 shipped, it's still not worth it in my eyes. I look at what else I can get for $2k from other companies, and that's where my money will go. This piece just comes off as half arsed to me. Even if your a hardcore Doom fan, unless you are willing to have it repainted, I would steer away. I never thought I would say this, but the original Doom pf is better than this.

Some pics, he is already packed back up. I will be emailing the retailer and asking for a refund. I don't see any replacement being better or living up to my standards, not for close to $2k.

you can even see where the factory workers painted half of the rivets and left the other unpainted. That is consistent throughout both arms. I just smh at that, utter laziness there.

you can even see where the factory workers painted half of the rivets and left the other unpainted. That is consistent throughout both arms. I just smh at that, utter laziness there.

It's not the painter at factory fault. SS should be blamed for lack of qc.

Thanks for the review! I'll be receiving mine this Saturday, may I ask, who did you purchase your Doom from?

yup, yup totally agree on the cons! my magnet came off from the 2 mask, the one magnet in the nose area is weak, and the left arm magnet is weak also

agree on the rivets, the factory only finish half of it, i hand painted all the rivets. Something dull about this whole silver paint, just too mat IMO. but i plan to repaint my, + adding extras.

very honest review. azurepred :D

Well, got everything unpacked today. I'll try not to drag this out too much. Overall, completely disappointed.
Pros:
- Sculpt
-Cloth material looks quality

Cons:
-Paint makes the piece look cheap to me. I also have Sauron which many ppl complained about, but because of the size of this piece, this one stands out so much more.
-Base was dirty
-Left arm magnet seemed weak (I think it will be the same for everyone), just seems like the way it is. Not sure if it's a real problem or not.
-Only half the rivets were painted (looking at others, that seems like that will be a problem for everyone)
-The head magnet got ripped right out of it when trying to place it on the torso.
-Now I get the part about the head feeling like plastic, it defn is NOT plastic, but it is so light and the dull silver makes it seem this way.
-No velvet like packing material.

This could have been a killer piece, I honestly think SS should end the LSF line. Even though I got this piece for $1700 shipped, it's still not worth it in my eyes. I look at what else I can get for $2k from other companies, and that's where my money will go. This piece just comes off as half arsed to me. Even if your a hardcore Doom fan, unless you are willing to have it repainted, I would steer away. I never thought I would say this, but the original Doom pf is better than this.

Ummm... takes notes SS... FIx those, I'm certain some are still in the factory.

Now, I hope mine is on super delayed... maybe the box sank during shipping... so I dont' need purchase it, hahahaha

Damn, out of all the LSF's this was the one I thought they'd hit a homer on.

Quite a bummer of a read, sorry azurepred and the rest who dropped two thousand dollars only to be let down.

Looking forward to seeing your repaint Guilty Gear b/c Doom deserves to be done right!

you guys can tell me i was right whenever you want. ;)

:lol

if this was 1/4 scale, I'd prolly fork over the change to get it repainted, but it would just be too much at this size. I really liked the sculpt though. I have to wait a couple weeks to get my refund on this.

It is what it is, some people are happy the way he looks, but some ppl are not.

i waited 6 weeks to get my replacement from sideshow. :(

Okay guys, finally got my pics posted in my display thread :) loads more pics plus a short review for those are interested :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ming-soon-sideshows-dr-doom-lsf-pics-719.html

b276864f7e471291be9dbd7c0df2a196.jpg

08bed297796c6f66abf4b07413b4cee1.jpg

It's not the painter at factory fault. SS should be blamed for lack of qc.

Asdf you know I respect you m8, but you just basically said... "It isn't the guy who was painting this statues fault he choose to not paint the statue properly". Ummm... Of course it is. Who else painted the thing poorly??? Now I get that you are saying sad should have more stringent quality control, but in the end it was the worker in the factory who did a crap job. Maybe there should be a way to connect the individual piece to the individual painters who worked on them. That way the guys who consistently do great work and don't get a lot of complaints could get a bonus, and those who do a consistently poor job can be retrained, and if they keep on doing a poor job after that they could be ask to find another job or specialty in the factory.

Asdf you know I respect you m8, but you just basically said... "It isn't the guy who was painting this statues fault he choose to not paint the statue properly". Ummm... Of course it is. Who else painted the thing poorly??? Now I get that you are saying sad should have more stringent quality control, but in the end it was the worker in the factory who did a crap job. Maybe there should be a way to connect the individual piece to the individual painters who worked on them. That way the guys who consistently do great work and don't get a lot of complaints could get a bonus, and those who do a consistently poor job can be retrained, and if they keep on doing a poor job after that they could be ask to find another job or specialty in the factory.

Asdf you know I respect you m8. ? M8? What does it mean? Anyway, I think with the current ES and employees changing, etc... It's probably really hard to connect the bonus with the statues well painted. Especially if the statue is delayed as well. Hoping SS give of extra qc, especially since it's their Premium line :)

Back