Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dr. Doom LSF!

While in-person reviews are generally more accurate, from the photos at least, this statue looks incredible.

Im not sure who has seen this piece in person or not, but I don't see all the flaws in the size proportions with the hands an all. I saw it in person after the proto was finished and it looked great. True, the paint could look better, but what else are you supposed to do with the armor? The base is big, but fits the scale of the statue. The pose is ok, but if you were to do a different action pose, it would take away from the size or height. I guess its not for some folks. If its the right price....its gonna be mine!

I love this pc, but the LSF is not a line for me.. too expensive... they teased the PF I will wait for that.

Either way Doom looks epic.

I will make a bold prediction and say that the Doom PF will be released before the LSF. I remember a few months back in a Sideshow Q&A on their website, they released the information that the LSF would be released for Pre Order in the 4th Quarter of 2013 (around October/November time. I think we'll see the Doom PF well before then...

This may be the only LSF I will buy, unless the make a batman or vader or predator 1, then I'll be in trouble.

I've seen it in person upfront during Comic Con 2012 & 2013. Its an amazing piece but the armor does look a little bulbie. Parts of it look a little too rounded like bubbles. Aside from that a fantastic piece! I'd love to own one but I wonder how it will withstand against the weather. If the armor will rust, etc...

I'd love to own one but I wonder how it will withstand against the weather. If the armor will rust, etc...

Well, this won't be made of any kind of metal. You won't have to worry about rust or weathering. However, I wouldn't recommend displaying him outside at any point. These pieces are made to be displayed in our homes, not outside them. Especially pieces that will cost you as much as this one will.

While in-person reviews are generally more accurate, from the photos at least, this statue looks incredible.

I've been watching so much Orange is the New Black that I thought this said 'While in prison.' Yeah...had to re-read.

The statue is beautiful. Everyone who owns it is going to be floored when it arrives. I am sure of that. Unless it arrives broken.

After getting in touch with Sidehow via Facebook last night it was almost 90% confirmed that Iron Man MKVII will be more than the usual $1999 due to its extra features. Never asked about Doom but the rumours have been going on since last years Comic Con that it will cost between $1999 - 2500

well if it is, I'm passing for sure on IM. I'm not a huge Doom guy, so regardless how bad *** this is, I'm passing on him too. I paid $1700 shipped for the first IM, so it's hard for me to justify a huge price increase for the new one just cause it may have some removable parts. People have a hard time justifying 2k on these, I think SS is bonkers if they keep going higher.

that's a shame because i really was going for it as i missed out on the MK 3 :(
they were already at a silly price :(

Is this Doom one of these 1:1 statues? Or is it an 1:2 piece? I searched through the thread but i didn't find a definite answer. I may hav eto snag this one. It costs a lot but Doom is my favorite character from every medium so i have to have this piece!

Mid August and still no news on when this will be up for pre order and same with the upcoming Doom PF...

Man, Jonny 5 would hate being a collector!!! :gah:

y8u3u7a3.jpg

:lol I'd buy a statue of J5 :rock

:lol:lol:rotfl Jay, if i drank alchohol, i'd love to go out on a piss up with you mate. You always crack me up!!!

Seriously though, can you imagine Sideshow reading this and thinking...'**** it! Lets make a 1:2 Jonny 5 LSF!' :yess:

:lol:lol:rotfl Jay, if i drank alchohol, i'd love to go out on a piss up with you mate. You always crack me up!!!

Seriously though, can you imagine Sideshow reading this and thinking...'**** it! Lets make a 1:2 Jonny 5 LSF!' :yess:

:lol Bring on the Jonny 5 LSF SSC. :yess:

Back