Dr. Doom Legendary Scale Figure - order now from first post!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ejerasum.jpg
Doom's base is more imposing, and overall he's thicker.

did you see or hear anything about how this might be shipped? Maybe like Wolverine?

and what did you think about the Underworld and MIB stuff from the Elite Creatures company? I know you don't collect busts, but their pieces have been very impressive. If Doom gets delayed any longer, I may try to cancel my heavily discounted order through AP ;)

No, I didn't hear anything about the shipping. I saw Markus statue, he is very impressive, don't like the MIB stuff.

I have not ordered Doom yet, I may take your order if you want to cancel it.

No, I didn't hear anything about the shipping. I saw Markus statue, he is very impressive, don't like the MIB stuff.

I have not ordered Doom yet, I may take your order if you want to cancel it.

Markus and the Lycan are defn orders for me. Will let you know about Doom if I ever do decide to cancel

helps that QC will be great and it will be limited too. That seems to matter to me more these days cause so many things SS makes is available for years.

Every time I see Doom he's just awe inspiring. SS really did a good job with him. I wish I had more of a connection to him as a character then I'd get him without hesitation. Ugh, maybe if nothing big comes out the rest of the year I'll break down and buy him.

I wonder if the Sentinel and the two prime 1 studios statues are placeholders in that picture. For some reason they don't look like they belong with the Obi and Doom LSF's. There should be 3 more next to them.

prime1 looks out of place because of scale difference. If Optimus was Doom size, eyes will be on him as well :). Sentinel on the other hand, I just laugh when I see him :lol

So I went to comic con and inquired a lot about the Legendary Doom statue... This is what I got from one of the guys who worked on the statue... (I think he was the development supervisor but I could be wrong....)

- Doom is 100% covered in armor. Even what you cant see under his tunic is intricate armor.
- The Armor is made of a high quality Polystone that is heavily magnetized.
- The legs are pretty solid, the mid section and base are somewhat hollow to reduce weight, but everything was properly compensated for stability and durability.
- The Base is made of a lighter weight polystone than Doom himself.
- The chain and disks holding his cloak is made of metal.
- The statue had been thoroughly reviewed many times through production process to ensure a very high quality figure. (It was the favorite of the production supervisor)
- Each statue will be numbered on the base for its limited edition size. Most likely XXX of 1000. (It was what he told me. He said they were discussing how many they can sell and balance everything and 1000 was the most likely number.)
- It will be one of their finest pieces.

Everything he said just made me quite happy that I had purchased one. ^__^ I might buy 2 now! lol.

So I went to comic con and inquired a lot about the Legendary Doom statue... This is what I got from one of the guys who worked on the statue... (I think he was the development supervisor but I could be wrong....)

- Doom is 100% covered in armor. Even what you cant see under his tunic is intricate armor.
- The legs are pretty solid, the mid section and base are somewhat hollow to reduce weight, but everything was properly compensated for stability and durability.
- The statue had been thoroughly reviewed many times through production process to ensure a very high quality figure. (It was the favorite of the production supervisor)
- Each statue will be numbered on the base for its limited edition size. Most likely XXX of 1000. (It was what he told me. He said they were discussing how many they can sell and balance everything and 1000 was the most likely number.)

Everything he said just made me quite happy that I had purchased one. ^__^ I might buy 2 now! lol.

Awesome! So the base will be numbered :horror that's great to know! Thanks for sharing :hi5: Now I'm even more excited about receiving mine! :yess:

That guy deserves a raise for securing another sale.
Can't see this being numbered. They would just give it an edition size. Has any LSF been numbered?
They will tell you the Wolverine had stability checks also.

Damn, if this piece gets numbered...an already spectacular statue is now just perfect. Any collector who orders this will have zero complaints so long as it doesn't have the issues that the Wolvie LSF had. I said it before and I'll say it again...for me personally, this is SSC's crowning achievement. I have not seen a better looking statue released by SSC and this is easily the BEST Doom statue ever released. I'm truly in awe of this piece. Congrats to all the peeps picking this up. It's a masterpiece.

Damn, if this piece gets numbered...an already spectacular statue is now just perfect. Any collector who orders this will have zero complaints so long as it doesn't have the issues that the Wolvie LSF had. I said it before and I'll say it again...for me personally, this is SSC's crowning achievement. I have not seen a better looking statue released by SSC and this is easily the BEST Doom statue ever released. I'm truly in awe of this piece. Congrats to all the peeps picking this up. It's a masterpiece.

:exactly: which is why I personally labelled it the statue of the 'decade' :rock just praying for a speedy delivery now :impatient:

It's about time these $$$ LSF has an ES. Listen to our fans SS. :)

Also I looked at the Premium Doom and I honestly just do not like it. =\ The guy tried to talk it up with me by saying it has "presence" but I just wasn't feeling it. It wasn't as awesome as doom sitting on a chair in deep thought mode. haha. I will NOT be buying the Premium statue. Legendary all the way.

This is reassuring :yess:
SEPTEMBER PLEASE COME NOW

Back