Dooku Vs. Yoda diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just pictured it with Yoda suspended in the air--if he is supported by something else then I guess it would be easier to produce, but I think it would look cooler to just have Yoda up in the air in the middle of the fight. I guess I hadn't thought about him standing on part of the ship or a column, etc.

I think yoda is supposed to be jumping in mid air. wouldnt really make sense for him to be standing on something.

Wow, another dumb comment. Bravo, CF.

Sorry Kit, but I agree with CF. This drawing was completely unnecessary. They could have just as easily given us a nice description rather than a 2d image with no base pictured.

I guess SSC thought they should have had more SW at SDCC too.

Sorry Kit, but I agree with CF. This drawing was completely unnecessary. They could have just as easily given us a nice description rather than a 2d image with no base pictured.

No matter what they do or don't do there are people who will b!tch about it. They have shown drawings for more than one piece.

If you would be more happy with words instead of a picture then good for you, but why complain about something SO minor? As for CF, if it's SS related then a complaint of some kind is sure to follow.

that pose seems a bit athletic for Dooku..he wasnt like that in the movie..he was a more smooth fighter than an agile one.

Are you saying you would rather have sideshow describe a new piece instead of showing the drawing? Why?

If Yoda is standing on something then the piece will have less appeal for me than if he is in midair. One thing they could do for more support is have a little bar going from Yoda's side to something in the background. It would limit the angles it could be viewed from without seeing the extra support, but it is one possibility.

I just don't see this one being more than just the two figures. Anything else and it will detract from that powerful moment of the two in combat. These should be a nice size, at the very least close to 1/6th scale so that detailing on Yoda is not lost. He's tiny to begin with.

I think having Yoda being upheld by just the contact point of the lightsabers is doable. Yoda would just not be made of polystone in order to be light enough. I can foresee a plastic Yoda and in this case, it would be for the best for this particular piece.

Can you imagine if the lightsabers were to light up?? That would look amazing.

I could see them using something to prop him as I said but I don't think that's the route they'll go. I was more thinking like Fly suggested that Yoda would be plastic in order to achieve this with little 2 no issues.

As far as showing a concept drawing. What's wrong with that. It's actually pretty cool that any company would show those. Why? Cause they could just give you some words and leave it at that. Why on earth would anyone complain about it is beyond me!?

supposed to keep it on the down-low.

Guess Rebelscum didn't see that either. I pmed their Dave about it. Don't want them to ruin future sneak peeks for us.

With that said, I don't collect the dioramas and I even think this looks really awesome. May cave if the price is around $100.

The sneak is cool. Looks like they have Yoda creatively "attached" to Dooku's swirling cape to create the illusion of Yoda in flight. Looks good, but fragile. Looking forward to more pictures to see how this came together.

So far, so good...

Oh, and b-munch...I think it's safe to say this piece is going to be more than $100...considerably more.

I just hope this means that there is the possibility of a 1:6 Dooku in the works...

The sneak is cool. Looks like they have Yoda creatively "attached" to Dooku's swirling cape to create the illusion of Yoda in flight. Looks good, but fragile. Looking forward to more pictures to see how this came together.

So far, so good...

Oh, and b-munch...I think it's safe to say this piece is going to be more than $100...considerably more.

I just hope this means that there is the possibility of a 1:6 Dooku in the works...

Yeah I know, but I can dream can't I? :lol I mean if it is JUST Dooku and Yoda, it could be just over $100.

I'm dying for a 1:6 Dooku though (and Yoda for that matter), but I guess they really need to spread the Sith Lords out since there is only 4 of them (5 with Asajj). We only have Dooku, Armored Vader, and RotJ Palps left that I can see as future Sith Lord releases (some possible Palps/Vader variations).

Yeah I know, but I can dream can't I? :lol I mean if it is JUST Dooku and Yoda, it could be just over $100.

I'm dying for a 1:6 Dooku though (and Yoda for that matter), but I guess they really need to spread the Sith Lords out since there is only 4 of them (5 with Asajj). We only have Dooku, Armored Vader, and RotJ Palps left that I can see as future Sith Lord releases (some possible Palps/Vader variations).

Well there's a load of EU Sith Lords.

I think this looks freaking fantastic! I'm all over this and am starting to find myself really getting drawn into the Dio line. This is a must have 4 me.

I also find it funny RS missed the whole DON'T POST ANYTHING bit.

Looks good but it does seem like it will be very fragile. Yoda is supported in the air by the lightsabers and the cape. I wonder how much it will cost.

Back