Don't Watertreat Obi-Wan?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did it for the tunic on my Obi-Wan and regretted it because it did shrink. I haven't had any problems with other figures I have done it on but this one has little pleats in the fabric. They shrink up funny somehow and when it dried, it did not hang the same. Now I wished I hadn't done it.

When I did mine, I took the tunic off, wet it and put it back on.

rainman said:
I did it for the tunic on my Obi-Wan and regretted it because it did shrink. I haven't had any problems with other figures I have done it on but this one has little pleats in the fabric. They shrink up funny somehow and when it dried, it did not hang the same. Now I wished I hadn't done it.

When I did mine, I took the tunic off, wet it and put it back on.

You should be able to iron the tunic back out on a low steam setting and it will return to its previous size (per Dave at RS).

https://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/16obi-wan/image65.asp

Best thing to do is to stretch out the material after it's wet and wrung out, to open up those pleats and keep the material from looking like it shrunk. And as it dries, be sure to go back and readjust periodically... if you can.

I just checked my Obi and he is fine. Tunic is still the same size and the hood is really holding its shape well.

pixletwin said:
You should be able to iron the tunic back out on a low steam setting and it will return to its previous size (per Dave at RS).

https://www.rebelscum.com/Sideshow/16obi-wan/image65.asp

Thanks for the tip. I may try it but I'm kind of lazy so I may decide to leave it like it is. It doesn't look that bad as it is, it just always bugged me after I did it.

I have used the water treatment on most of my figures where they needed. It works really well and I usually don't have any problems as long as you keep the fragile pieces away, like leather.

Oh. I should also mention that I completely water treated my SDCC Anakin (with the pleather tabbards on) and he is fine. The tabbards look/feel the same. No damage whatsoever.

I was always scared about water treating my 1/6 SW line, but after seeing some of the pics post water treatment, I think I'm going to go for it tonight. I really really really really really really hope I don't screw them over, but I'll do my best. I'm going to follow those instructions to a tee and if they get jacked up, the fisticuffs will be unleashed..

fist.gif

Darth Caedus said:
I was always scared about water treating my 1/6 SW line, but after seeing some of the pics post water treatment, I think I'm going to go for it tonight. I really really really really really really hope I don't screw them over, but I'll do my best. I'm going to follow those instructions to a tee and if they get jacked up, the fisticuffs will be unleashed..

fist.gif

Remember. The only thing you could really do to jack things up is getting the belt wet.

Don't do that you'll be fine. Prepare to be amazed at the realism the water treatment creates!

Back